Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Cult Race: Genestealers  (Read 12845 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Race: Genestealers
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2017, 10:35:25 am »

Quote from: Votes
Heretic Plague: (1) Madman
Greater Plaguemind: (1) Madman
Goliath Truck: (2) MNII, Ghazkull

I urge you to wait until we know what our problems before trying to fix them.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2017, 12:25:40 pm »

Heretic Plague: (1) Madman
Greater Plaguemind: (1) Madman
Goliath Truck: (3) MNII, Ghazkull, NRDL

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2017, 12:24:55 am »

Goliath Heavy Truck
Efficacy: 5 Cost: 2 Bugs: 5

A Goliath purpose-built for war has many differences to the original trucks dredged up from the mines, but devoted hands with welding tools can do much to increase their already formidable toughness and power.
The attempts so far have been a qualified success, and the new truck is a powerhouse of sloped armour and grit. Whilst the speed is modest, it is more than made up for by heavy armour rendering both vehicle and occupants virtually impervious to small weapons fire, and a weapon mount on top for brave gunners to bring extra power to the battlefield- once one is developed. For now a stubgun sits proudly atop the new weapon of war. In addition, the armour has had an unfortunate side-effect, and the vehicle can begin to shake at high speeds. Whilst moving above a battlefield advance, shots are nearly impossible to hit, and only smooth roads will allow it to reach a cruising speed.
This unfortunately wasn't a cheap undertaking however, and many parts used in the refits had to be sourced from relatively rare panels and metals, usually stolen from tank graveyards in the deeps. Whilst it is a powerful truck, it costs quite a bit.

Goliath heavy truck
Civilian Equipment 40, Military equipment 20
The Goliath heavy truck is able to carry two squads of light infantry, or one squad of heavy or bestial infantry. It has a single mount for a heavy weapon.
It can move up to two hubs per turn when in the habs.

It is now the revision phase. You have 3 dice remaining
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:29:50 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2017, 04:12:42 pm »

Should we try and reduce the bugs/cost, or stick a Rockgrinder on it?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2017, 04:20:11 pm »

I'm voting save the dice. We'll have a lot more options open than the other team if we do, so when we see what the first turn looks like we'll be in good standing to react to whatever happens.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2017, 11:35:09 pm »

@Tack I think we should be allowed to perform two designs per turn if we get 6 dice. It may be the Revision phase, its just that the people previously were a little bit scarce on whether to devote to a second Design

Here's another design this turn so that our soldiers/cultist have better personal weapons

Design: BurstGun: Utilizing the autogun as a base, we make a heavier hitting assault rifle that shoots higher-caliber bullets in a auto-burst 3 type of style. It will be designed to have to almost the same power as a Boltgun, so that it can penetrate light surfaces with ease and maybe even light plating of armor.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2017, 12:25:23 am »

Whilst absolutely yes, you can have more than one design per turn, you're also right in that people were scarce.
I thought about coinflipping for one of Madman's designs, seeing as nobody actually voted for 'no second design', but thought it might be overly pedantic.

That being said, what you cannot do is just squeeze in a second design because the first went well. Had you rolled poorly, you'd have been using those dice for revisions.
There's no limit to your bank, so you can always roll out muliple designs on later turns, but designs in the revision phase, not so much.

Edit: any voteboxes going up?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 12:22:27 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2017, 07:26:59 pm »

Save the Dice: (1) Madman

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2017, 12:47:37 am »

Turn 1
It is time. The disparate and wide-swept forces of the Broodmind have been gathered together at last, and can finally begin the push to remove these usurpers from the hive.
Chaos has not been quiet during this time and the differences between our number of converts is already starting to show. Now is when we prove what the Four-Armed Emperor is capable of!

From this turn onwards the Strategy & Construction turns are available.
Infantry will be available from the moment they are commissioned, however, vehicles and monstrous creatures will be normally required an extra turn for construction.
The exception is this first turn, where all construction is 'backfilled' to allow a normal start to the game.

Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alert (click to show/hide)

Technology
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

It is now the Design phase. You have 8 dice remaining

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2017, 08:27:37 am »

Heretic Plague
True to our name, we do in fact have the Microbe Division, made of up a hundred trillion crack microbe spec-ops teams, ready and willing to force anyone who ingests them to serve the Hive-Plague. To start simply, we have designed a modification to a single Genestealer, which secretes a compound containing a virus based on the Genestealer's DNA-injection system (That's what viruses DO, after all), which is, at present, only waterborne. This allows us to infect various numbers of people and gain immense numbers of recruits, very quickly, should the need present itself.

Greater Plaguemind (Does this have to be a Grand Design? I hope not)
A gradual adaptation to our Patriarch, focusing our hive mind on him and his will, allowing our pure-form units greater adaptability as the Patriarch changes their (Still beast-like and simplistic) orders as necessary. Not only does it tighten the Patriarch's control, but it also makes our hivemind stronger, binding our units together more than before, allowing for great levels of coordination against the machine-armed foe.

Alright, I'm going to suggest these again.

We're supposedly going to be suffering for manpower. Let's overcome that shortage before it even becomes an issue. Also, the Patriarch redesign is going to make our Purestrains much, MUCH more intelligent and capable against hostile forces.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2017, 12:21:20 pm »

Heretic Plague: (1) Shadowclaw
Greater Plaguemind (Grand Design): (?)
BurstGun (1) Shadowclaw

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2017, 12:41:11 pm »

1. Heretic Plague
2. Greater Plaguemind
1. Am I interpreting this correctly as a self-proliferating Genestealer's Kiss Virus?
2. If it's just allowing the Patriarch to exert greater control over purestrains and/or increasing their intelligence, then no. If it's ramping up the Broodmind, bringing it closer to a hivemind, yes, but the benefits would be much more wide-ranging.
3. The Plague-plague naming scheme is making me see nurglenids. Not an official note, just amusing.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2017, 02:19:17 pm »

1. Basically, yes, Tack. It is a virus, that assimilates things into the hive mind. It doesn't have to be fast, but it's meant to be relatively unnoticeable, seeing how it's a virus and the Imperium doesn't give have a thought to quality of life for the useless suckers in our areas of the universe.

2. No, not a grand design, or no, not viable? Because it's a mixture of the two. It's making the Patriarch the undisputed focus of our hivemind, and making it stronger through that connection. Also expected to turn the Patriarch into a Gravemind, but that might be a later design.

3. You loser, it should be making you see Flood.

Heretic Plague: (2) Shadowclaw, Madman
Greater Plaguemind (Grand Design): (1) Madman
BurstGun (1) Shadowclaw

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2017, 03:32:35 am »

How are we with votes? I'm going to be rolling the turn later today and I need to know whether you'll be doing one design or two.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11