Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Cult Race: Genestealers  (Read 12833 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Cult Race: Genestealers
« on: September 09, 2017, 12:31:43 am »

Those playing for this side post here.  You can only play for either Chaos or the Genestealers, so choose wisely.  Out of respect for the other team, stay out of their thread.  Post banter and such in the core thread.

The Patriarch has long been seated in his organic throne and the psychic web of the Genestealer Cults is steadily thrumming, a rudimentary hivemind aiding the grand purpose for which they have been bred.
Purestrain Genestealers creep through caverns and mines, ambushing stray humans and injecting them with the genetic material which twists their minds and prepares their bodies, creating yet another drone for the hive. These infected humans then, driven to breed, spawn progeny already enslaved by the will of the hive, their parents blindly doting on their malformed and mutated children as their hormones are plucked and tuned by a force greater than their will.

All was going splendidly, and the cult had passed numerous generations of young to kneel before the throne, until the usurpers came.
Their burning heresy is a fast-spreading flame, scorching trails across the underhive, corrupting all it touches. Their numbers grow fast- too fast, and the patriarch which has prepared this infiltration for decades finds them to be too great a threat- after all, the fastest flame is the brightest, and those above must not know the city no longer belongs to them until it is too late.
For the infiltration to succeed, for the Family to prevail, these bumbling children of chaos must be pushed out!

Now: A name for your Cult?

Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alert (click to show/hide)

Technology
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:53:05 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Race: Genestealers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 02:48:48 am »

I've never really played one of these before, but I'll try and give it a shot, how about The Order of the Scale?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 03:21:33 am »

Well, the most important feature of them is that you choose one team or the other.
You'll wanna stick to just one thread friend.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 03:33:10 am »

Well, the most important feature of them is that you choose one team or the other.
You'll wanna stick to just one thread friend.

Oh, well I haven't officially helped any team yet just made name and class related suggestions :-/

Besides I don't usually think of chaos and tyranids fighting but I suppose they do so carry on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 04:47:39 am »

If there was an imperial side, it'd be even harder to balance than it is already.
In any case, thanks for the prod, I'd forgotten to put the little warning sign up top, so that could've been a real problem.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 10:09:35 am »

Alright, I'll try it.

We just don't have a good hive-mind anywhere.

How about we be the Heretic Plague?

I don't know much about WH40k, but this ought to ensure we can end the game whenever we want. We just go grab an Imperial whosiwhatsit and make him run around screaming about heretics in the undercity.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 10:42:58 am »

Attracting the right amount of attention from a Whosiwhatsit would indeed end the game.
The fun is in attracting the Right Whosiwhatsit. They're surprisingly tunnel-visioned.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 11:30:29 am »

That's it, we now officially refer to all Imperium officials and people capable of instigating an extermination/Base Delta Zero as "Whosiwhatsits".

Welcome to the Heretic Plague.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 12:47:43 pm »

I vote for the Heretic Plague!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 04:08:18 pm »

Yessssssss... the tendrils of our plague will spread, infecting all who dare rise against us...

+1 to the Heretic Plague.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 10:43:27 pm »

Turn -1

The might of the Heretic Plague is unleashed, and no more will they sit in the shadows and wait for their conquest to be stolen from underneath them.
It will take some time to draw all of their far-spread family together, but during this time new bioforms and technologies can be researched, to prepare for the battles to come.

It is now the Design phase. You have 5 dice remaining

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 10:59:07 pm »

Don't do a turn without me? I'll be back to give design ideas and votes late tomorrow.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 11:39:46 pm »

(Heads up, never played one of these before, so tell me if I fuck up, please!)

My vote is for trying to get some transportation, and psykers/leadership units. I noted on the map details that infantry can only move one hub a turn, so maybe a couple bikes or trucks could help us get some early expansion? I also feel like having something to be able to lead our cultists/genestealers, so they can fight effectively, would help us a lot. Maybe a Magus, or Zooanthrope? Or something a little toned down.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 10:11:01 am »

I would instead vote for camouflage. Genestealers are close combat gents and the structure of a hive makes ambushes important. Now imagine something getting invisible in there. Additionally the enemy has no auspexes. Aka: they have absolutely no chance of detecting camouflaged units until it is too late for now.

Overall camouflage would increase efficiency of genestealers which we need for increased unit production rates anyway.

Ymgarl-Strain Development
For reference

Introduce the Ymgarl-Strain into our Genepool to allow for camouflaged Genestealers, their unstable DNA should allow for further modification to the needs of the Hive.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 10:37:42 am »

My concern with that is that they will only be effective in the caves or habs, and we're probably not ready to infiltrate the habs. We'll need to get our hands on territory in the workshops, which are wide open areas, where camouflage will be next to useless, but vehicles will be very effective.
However, since camouflaged units will kick ass in the mines, I'd support a small investment in them. How about, as a rough draft, two dice to bikes and camouflage each, and one dice to generic carapace hardening tech?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11