Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Cult Race: Genestealers  (Read 12830 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Race: Genestealers
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2017, 07:12:47 pm »

Alright, I guess we need to consider construction of units and vehicles.

I vote for the Crazy Ivan plan---we build TEN Genestealer squads and set them all to recruitment, dragging in HUGE numbers of units for a sudden offensive next turn (Once we develop a decent heavy weapon to mount on our truck, that is)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2017, 11:11:31 am »

We have one vote for Crazy Ivan.
I did not factor in exponential Genestealer infection.
This might have... side effects.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2017, 11:50:09 am »

Well, you can either have large-scale conflict draw more attention than it otherwise would....Or you can give a bonus to crowd-control Chaos magic or whatnot.

I vote that you let a turn or two roll by, and if it becomes a real issue we can buff Chaos (or run semi-low on infect-able populations).
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2017, 12:35:10 pm »

Nah, just that the virus going that prolific will probably draw some alarm.
Other than that no problems, who dares wins.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2017, 12:39:25 pm »

Shhhhh.

It's undetectable.

Guaranteed. Always. Certainly. No exceptions. SUPER STEALTH VIRUS.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2017, 02:24:18 pm »

+1 for Crazy Ivan!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2017, 02:41:26 pm »

You see Ivan, if you are of having many soldiers the enemy will not be of killing you for of being of killing of others who of being in front of you!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2017, 10:46:19 am »

Bump.

(Sorry for double post)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2017, 09:30:20 pm »

Notice: Viral warfare can empower Chaos if Nurgle is worshipped. On that note, glory to four armed Emperor.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2017, 09:37:24 pm »

We'll see, I suppose.

Note that it's not viral warfare any more than us using Genestealers is viral warfare. IF it DOES empower the enemy, well, I'm calling bull crap, because honestly that's just fundamentally unfair.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2017, 01:34:35 am »

Fundamentally unfair? Or poor choices?
However, as 'Warfare Warfare' would be empowering Khorne, it would kind of make the game a little obsolete.

Either way two votes seems good enough, in the absence of... any other votes.
I'll have the turn up probably in a few hours when I get back from exercising apparently.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2017, 05:38:58 pm »

The start of the Genestealer Cult's mobilisation is not signalled with whooping cheers or the clumsy firing of weapons into the air, but complete silence. A massive project has been underway, entire generations ground under the behemoth task of outputting as many purestrain genestealers as can be fed by any means.
There is not even the task of the proud mothers and fathers to apply war-paint to their brood, as they go not to war, but immediately into the vents and hollows of the city, to begin the proliferation of the new Heretic Plague.

To it's credit, the plague is a resounding success, sweeping through the hive with invisible inevitability. A number of workers disappear from their sites, only to appear a week later, more focused, more efficient... but changed. An unfortunate side-effect is in the number. With so many humans in the radius of a hardworking genestealer being infected, it can result in a noticeable clump of people forming, shambling like a zombie horde, driven by the virus to seek out the implantation of a genestealer.
Most witnesses close enough to see the columns of marching devotees have been infected, but the few who escaped can only have raised some questions about what sinister happenings are abroad in the underhive.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alert (click to show/hide)

Technology
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

It is now the Design phase. You have 5 dice remaining
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:28:23 am by Tack »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2017, 05:50:02 pm »

Oh shit. Ordos Xenia already. Well to be expected. I say we use our zombie factory workers to get access to some military stuff that may go unnoticed (as in tiny amounts.)

That or jury rig the mining gear to be more offensive like in Dead Space fashion. Just cannot make a title yet due to work in other projects.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2017, 08:14:33 pm »

Turn Two Grand Plan:
Crazy Ivan Redux: Tsar Infecta

Oh yes, face the music. ANOTHER TURN OF EXPANSION! Basically, we burn three of our dice into advancing progress on the Patriarch project, use a revision to make the autogun more reliable, and use another revision to make a vehicle-mounted larger version of the autogun.

Oh, and we make every single Purestrain Genestealer we can as well as a couple of Goliaths. We'll take the Ordo Xenos alarm hits early-game to blow them away before it becomes a problem. That way, Tack will look at what's left of his game and go "Crap, I have to do another" and we'll get twice the AR for our troubles!

EDIT:
Oh, right.

Quote from: Votes
Invest Two Dice into GP Efficacy: (1) Madman
Invest One Die into GP Bugs: (1) Madman

Save Two Dice: (1) Madman
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:02:37 pm by Madman198237 »

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2017, 07:11:27 am »

I think I'll sign up for this arms race as well.

I think the trade-off with Crazy Ivan was potentially worth it, but it is important to understand what we lost. If they built an equivalent vehicle to the Goliath and moved towards us at full speed they should already be in their equivalent of The Mines. At the end of this turn, they could reach The Promethium Sprawl. At the end of this turn if we advance on foot we can grab M1. Next turn they could be contesting us for The Mines.

Still, with Goliaths, we could well get to The Mines with more force.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11