Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Cult Race: Genestealers  (Read 12840 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Race: Genestealers
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2017, 07:48:28 am »

We need more voters.

With the two of us, we've decided to do two designs, but it's a split between the BurstGun and Greater Plaguemind.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2017, 01:56:39 pm »

I vote for greater plaguemind.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2017, 02:00:27 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Heretic Plague: (2) Shadowclaw, Madman
Greater Plaguemind (Grand Design): (3) Madman, Urist, Draignean
BurstGun (1) Shadowclaw
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2017, 02:04:27 pm »

Heretic Plague: (2) Shadowclaw, Madman
BurstGun (1) Shadowclaw

Only one design: (?)
Either way you've got about two hours until I finish work. Chaos, the populous bastards, have been waiting a while.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2017, 05:37:09 pm »

Heretic Plague: (3) Shadowclaw, Madman, MNII
BurstGun (1) Shadowclaw

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2017, 12:45:36 am »

Heretic Plague
Efficacy: 6 Cost: 4 Bugs: 6
The attempts to turn the genestealer's kiss into a self-replicating waterborne virulence is a tasking one, but it has been performed spectacularly. Genestealers now need only bite once before it will begin its work alone, spreading amongst habs workplaces alike. Due to the nature of the virus it cannot carry the genetics of the 'stealer and allow for the cult to progress further.
However it is able at producing drones to be led back to the hive and indoctrinated more permanently, else the virus be purged from the system over time.

The Heretic Plague will now passively contribute manpower. It will increase in power as more genestealers are assigned to 'recruitment'.

Greater Plaguemind
Efficacy: 1 Time: 3 Bugs: 1

Transforming the Broodmind into a more powerfully direction hivemind is a large task, especially as the Tyranids initially designed genestealers not to surpass that threshold. However, the war requires that said boundaries be broken and the genestealer plague be made much more. Despite some horrendous initial setbacks, there is a foundation of-sorts for the hivemind.
Unfortunately no actual progress has been shown, nor can an "end result" be visualised due to the failings of the initial work. Only with time and further study can this be improved into the true hivemind required.

Greater Plaguemind
Efficacy: 1/9 Bugs: 1/9
Completion: 3/12

It is now the revision phase. You have 2 dice remaining
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:52:41 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2017, 10:51:01 am »

My only issue with that is that a virus is literally a protein shell with a bunch of DNA inside---all a virus does is hijack cells by splicing in its own DNA.

Small issue, however. We rolled decently.

So, Tack, some more information about Grand Designs: (How) do we invest dice? What are all the 1/9 things? How do we make those things NOT suck?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2017, 11:08:29 am »

A virus is actually a protein shell with a single RNA inside, the single RNA required to create more virus.
A virus with multiple complicated symptoms and outcomes, that's a bit of a stretch. A virus creating a monsterbaby? Adding the regressive genestealer DNA for future generations?
Completely implausible. This is, however, !!Science!!, so naturally it can be done, but not so cheaply.

Grand Designs- Basically your revisions are going to count more because it's a grand design and therefore unfinished, but because you rolled so completely horribly to begin with it's going to take an annoying amount of dice.
Based on your revisions and how well the rolls go the bar will fill - consider a full "9" as though you'd gotten a 6 on the initial dice.
You can contribute dice to it in the design phase in the same way as a Draig-clone, but once it's finished your revisions go back to being the little fixes they were.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2017, 11:11:06 am »

So, basically we can use revisions to raise the numbers involved, and when the second number hits max we're done.

Excellent. I vote for two revisions into improving the efficacy of this design, since the cost is a secondary concern.
Two Dice to Improving Greater Plaguemind Efficacy: (1) Madman
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:38:49 pm by Madman198237 »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2017, 07:50:01 pm »

Any other votes?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2017, 10:37:29 pm »

Officially, I have no opinion. But unofficially, I don't want Chaos to mock us too bad.

Two Dice to Improving Greater Plaguemind Efficacy: (2) Madman, MNII

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2017, 02:21:44 pm »

Greater Plaguemind Efficacy: 3, 4
Work begins on the centralised broodmind, or at least the foundations have been made. The whole plan will obviously revolve around the Patriarch of the cult, although whether it will be forced into immobility or another shape will only begin to be seen when work starts on improving the finer details.
For now, it seems that the Broodmind can indeed be improved, but not yet fully upscaled into a complete hivemind.
Efficacy: 4/9

It is now the construction and strategy phase. Please keep in mind vehicles will only be fast-built this turn.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2017, 02:31:12 pm »

Wait, we rolled 3 and 4 and got 3 points invested?

1 point for 3, 2 for 4?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2017, 10:18:18 pm »

Normally wouldn't be such a big pool to fill except for that 1 you rolled to start with.

Edit: Very belated- but yeah, you were right, it should've been 2 points added each.
Forgot I started at 1 and not 0.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:41:31 pm by Tack »

Adref

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2017, 07:07:41 pm »

So we are voting for revision and we assign two dice to it?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:11:17 pm by Adref »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11