Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 64982 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #540 on: September 26, 2018, 10:25:30 am »

On an entirely unrelated note...
Anyone super excited that Valkyria Chronicles 4 (also known as the first VC game for PC since VC1) is finally out? I know I am!
I also know that I won't be eating this week.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 26, 2018, 10:42:39 am »

I don't see a thread related tothat in Other Games. You could post one there and gather up whoever on Bay 12 is fans of that game for a nice chat.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 26, 2018, 10:47:30 am »

Shame I have work in an hour. I'll do that once work is done.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 03, 2018, 03:24:14 am »

Ed did tell Tala to stop interfering.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 03, 2018, 04:49:44 am »

Ed did tell Tala to stop interfering.
Are you rubbing this in or what? :v Because that's not related AT ALL to what had happened.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 03, 2018, 08:02:11 am »

really? Tala interfering is not related at all to what happened? You and I are reading a very different turn resolution then.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 03, 2018, 12:09:23 pm »

Poke me when I'll regain the use of my legs, please.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 04, 2018, 01:31:36 pm »

really? Tala interfering is not related at all to what happened? You and I are reading a very different turn resolution then.
Me trying to do actions and be proactive isn't interfering--I've had the idea that you were talking about me and Simon, but there was 0 clarity at all, or on why you said that. >_<
You could say "Please move back", even add a "You're better needed elsewhere", or even just a blunt "I don't want you going in there."

Instead I get a "Stop interfering."

That's pretty clearly connected to what happened. Because Radio didn't open the door. Because I somehow caused something there?

:V
I'm unsure if you sometimes see things from the other person's perspective :-\ But I'm sleep deprived. I don't get how that was at all connected to Piece's surprise if there was nothing else said. It makes it easy to say "I told you so", and that can rub the wrong way at times.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 01:33:51 pm by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 04, 2018, 03:03:37 pm »

Tala already prevented Ed from communicating with teh Woman at least once, and has interfered with Radio's attempts as well.
Stop interfering, when she's already gotten in the way of what we had already been doing, is a perfectly legitimate response.
Entering the room (part of your bolded and spoken intention) is the exact opposite of not interfering.
note the timestamps for that set of actions. Mine and Radio's were far ahead fo your own, and there was but an hour nad a half between your post and the turn - an hour and a half in which I was asleep so I couldn't respond.

I feel like I need to start explicitly mentioning you in my posts:
a) even if Tala says don't do the thing, do the thing.
b) if she resists, make it an opposed action rather than just doing it her way
c) Prevent Tala from doing anything regarding the thing Ed is doing. Shoo her away, by force if necessary.

You did this in the previous mission as well.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 05, 2018, 07:06:15 am »

Poke me when you guys are done arguing pointlessly with each other.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 05, 2018, 08:41:06 am »

Poke me when you guys are done arguing pointlessly with each other.
You'll be waiting a long time for that, fella.

And once Ti and I are done, sy will start up.

Arguing isn't an event, it's a state of Being.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 05, 2018, 09:15:25 am »

*insert SAForums popcorn lawn chair and drink emote*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 05, 2018, 11:58:59 pm »

Tala already prevented Ed from communicating with teh Woman at least once, and has interfered with Radio's attempts as well.
Stop interfering, when she's already gotten in the way of what we had already been doing, is a perfectly legitimate response.
I hope you know that I've not even known I've prevented anyone from communicating with people? :-\
Seriously if this was a thing then why wasn't it mentioned anytime beforehand and left to brood and grudge up? I'm a person who really values communication and I'm totally unaware that you were feeling that way here, and sorry for that.

Also if Radio was in anyway feeling interrupted, he'd tell me. :-[ Totally because from my eye, we're friends \o/ (And that he'd talk about anything bothering him anyway, since we've been in battle and otherwise situations even before 888th)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:16:04 am by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 06, 2018, 09:44:37 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=post;quote=7857160;topic=164122.2725

relevant bit:

Ed will go with Tala to the central room, collect viscera from the fridge, dump it in the dust and then step out of the room, and ask for information about 'SturmTurm.' Specifically, ask for locations of Sturmturm research holes.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
Tala tapped Radioman or anyone else who could translate, as she wondered if she said something wrong. It had the gist of the 'Central room' anyway.

"Any update from command? We'd need advice before we proceed, because this is the last and final place that is left uncertain. Also, another one of my random ideas to pass the time--that storm over this bunker fortress? It was all to destroy what's in it, either because this is very valuable but exotic or alien (that strange dust?), or it has failed and is going to destroy everything. I doubt the latter because the Nazis aren't on important ground. But they did defend this to the presumable last man.

"Carolina, we need as much information from the garrisonee as possible please. I think I may have offended him."

Order someone to restrain the prisoner safely. And by that I mean to retranslate to him "We're going to take care of you." or however they would do it if they act without words.

And then order some folks (mostly the AFKers) to get ready them flamethrowers, my gas grenade, and WAIT LET'S NOT PROCEED JUST YET.

"After the organs were dumped in there and after anyone exited the room safely, the speaker spoke in some ancient language that I just described. Radio, and anyone else, try and wrack that knowledge bank or contact command about what language it is. It is either important to the Nazis, or from wherever all those tie-ins, with symbols, child-organ harvesting (as much as I hate saying that), and other cultist sensibility comes from. You people, enter the central room; the rest of us are going on watch--there was no trap or harm as far as I saw in the video."

OK, either order some AFK person to check the central room (someone with SENSE skill), or await as others do check in there. Otherwise, just overwatch and recheck the area we're in for any suitable items I could grab pertinent to the experiment, like aprons and anything I can infer from that video, etc.

Like finding where that speaker system is, and telling our mechanic to test it up before anyone goes in.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Looks like Tala cockblocks the demon summoning for now.

Instead she has people watch over the prisoner. She also has...people "Get ready them flamethrowers". Hm

You really have no clue that you bold texting actions to prevent others from doing things prevents others from doing things?

irritation expressed:http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=post;quote=7857639;topic=164122.2725

I don't recall asking Tala if I could throw gibbets at the unholy ash beast. Ah whatever, test the mechanicals of like, everything mechanical around. All of it. keep testing, starting from the center room, then to the ring room, then out form there, ending with the elevator. Once I am satisfied as to the condition of all the mechanicals, Throw Tala to the demon and ask for three questions.

((That part about throwing Tala to the Demon is a joke, but I'm going to leave it bolded anyway.))

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

Your lack of knowledge that this was an issue is on you, not on me.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39