Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 64956 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #270 on: January 22, 2018, 05:30:57 pm »

Oh, and one more thing that Oz forgot: when you enter the channel you should recite the passphrase, 'The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain.' or people might ignore you.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 22, 2018, 05:34:29 pm »

Oh, and one more thing that Oz forgot: when you enter the channel you should recite the passphrase, 'The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain.' or people might ignore you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2018, 11:17:32 am »

Radio :D I changed my action to be inclusive with yours. Problem being the timezones and schedules of posts (99.9% my fault)!

Because that is a gold opportunity--since you...really have a radio for a head, you can transmit messages or our conversations through to our allies. We can use certain sentence-codes to mention what we're going to do. I'm still holding onto the idea that we 'warn' them in German because surely they heard what that one guy said as a warning. Then we USE your trolley or cart to get them out, all the while hopefully telling them to deposit their weapons here or there, and we use a bluff to get them to believe that somehow we're allies of theirs persuaded by their propaganda or somesuch (and if this choice is taken, we have to commit to dialogue, else Piece will roll for a dice and I am not looking forward to a 1 on that front, especially since we're not experts with Languages).

That or we call in on the assault and...hopefully not break the parameters set onto us. :-\ Stuff I've linked is all here regarding our mission and location.
Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)

...I think we forgot how long until that week for news making occurs. Either way, is our assault and catch plan all-rounded?
I'm wondering if the management of the building should be warned of a counterfeiting bust occurring, or at least those outside to stake down all the entrances or move-ways. As it's on the 3rd floor, I doubt there's any other passage out other than through the window or something. But I am curious--how do they even get all that paper in transit to the third floor?!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2018, 08:44:27 am »

I do like Tiruin's idea of attempting to con the Germans into believing one of us is on their side and has come to warn them of our pursuit and rescue them from the feared 888th.

I'm a little sorry I won't be able to see how that might play out.

But, ... shenanigans.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2018, 09:24:44 am »

Continue with THE PLAN (horrible as it is).
((SO what's that plan :V))
THE PLAN? Radio is ushing a food service trolley, claiming to be room service, while Ed hides on the bottom rack of the trolley under the tablecloth in order to disarm explosives while Radio bluffs the Germans, much the way he bluffed the first guy.

Are we equipped with a trolley or something, for cleaning material (and possibly a place to not be that conspicuous with a smoke grenade and other utilities, for say, hiding THE Nazis' weapons if we have to push our cover?)
We have the above mentioned food cart. Hopefully you requisitioned a maid cart to go with the outfit.

Nothing. nothing. Nothing. [CENSORED] Nothing. Maybe like  potted plant but you can't see it so well. Nothing. Nothing.
((That is some anti-conservative timeline we're in .-.;
sounds pretty darned standard, the world over, in all timelines. Nothing particularly conservative or liberal about it.

We're all going to die. Ed first, followed swiftly by The Radio and Tiruin's character.
((You speak as if you have experience with this. o_O Is it THAT bad a plan and we cannot be creative this way?))
A man with a Radio for a head claiming to be room service, a woman from Micronesia (Polynesia? Philippines?) claiming to be an under-cover Nazi sympathizer dressed as a maid, and High Octane Ed the Exploder walk into an illegal printing operation ... sounds like the start of a long and pun-filled joke.

But, I'm just guessing here. I've been surprised before, both with unexpected successes and startling failures. And Events turning sideways and going a completely different direction than I figured.

Ultimately, though, I'm okay with the plan. it has a vague chance of succeeding, and if it doesn't go perfectly, we have the rest of the assault team ready to finish the job, and the sniper team ready to clean up our messes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 07, 2018, 12:26:47 pm »

I am fine with trying to talk the Germans out of their room instead if trying to sneak commandos in, though if we go for that Ed will need to vacate the cart before we enter.

((That is some anti-conservative timeline we're in .-.;
I'll be booking tickets there post-haste!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:33:05 pm by Radio Controlled »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 08, 2018, 08:00:51 am »

sure, sure. if the action hasn't gone through, I'll back out. Either way.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 12, 2018, 07:17:47 am »

((Should I point out that "shooting to disable" will pretty much always be pretty lethal?))
It is .-.;
But that's a placeholder till I get back from Radio Controlled here. The simple and most likely way (hence my placeholder) is me making or faking something with that smoke grenade since it's out of sight anyway, and we're most likely not suspected. So when the fire call is ushered, that's a great way to shove them out of the room.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2018, 10:00:20 am »

Sorry for the delay caused by Tir and me having to discuss some things over pm, it seems that our posting times are almost perfectly non-overlapping.

To tide you over while you wait and to give a small teaser of what the next few turns will look like,

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 14, 2018, 05:37:53 am »

Serious question: Do we need to ensure the press survives?  I suddenly have the distinct feeling that we won't be completing this mission with perfect stealth, and I seem to recall it being important for the public to not know about the Nazi propaganda operation being ruthlessly destroyed by (partially?) foreign black ops.  It might be best to messily kill the Nazis really quickly, destroy their operation, and then skedaddle or hide before the cops catch us (and by us, I mean everyone aside from Egan and I).

In an emergency I suppose Simon could fire a couple incendiary rounds through the window and hope the resulting fire either directly activates the thermite charges, or convinces the Nazis to do so, but that seems much too unreliable to be Plan A.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 14, 2018, 06:37:29 am »

No idea, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to at least try and get a 'perfect stealth, no kill' run (to get that sweet 'big boss' rank, you see). Also because it seemed too funny not to try, and if we can capture these guys they can be pressed for intell later on (but presumably by better, more professional people at command, not us). Once we have these guys Tala can decide whether to try and take the presses and other evidence or to just burn it all down.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 14, 2018, 06:54:39 am »

I honestly don't think we need the press for any reason whatsoever. I don't think the Admiral requested it or anything. It probably isn't worth much overall, and it is unlikely to have any information of value that couldn't be gotten from the papers already printed and delivered.

On the other hand - there is no reason for us to hide from the cops on a successful mission, either. Killing the Nazis en masse is a secondary win for us - primary win being "take them quietly." The Admiral did say "if you need to fight, make sure it is decisive." So, we have authority and support for this act of counter-espionage.

Finally, why are we discussing setting off the bombs, like that is a good idea? why are we talking about burning down the hotel at all? again, if that were within our mission's acceptable parameters, and would count as a win, Ed could have done so ages ago, with minimal risk to the team. Just plant one satchel charge directly under their suite. Two for "good measure," three for overkill.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 14, 2018, 07:06:35 am »

Finally, why are we discussing setting off the bombs, like that is a good idea? why are we talking about burning down the hotel at all? again, if that were within our mission's acceptable parameters, and would count as a win, Ed could have done so ages ago, with minimal risk to the team. Just plant one satchel charge directly under their suite. Two for "good measure," three for overkill.

Of course we don't 'have to' explicitly, we just really kind of feel like it? You know the ER tradition, every memorable mission should end with an explosive cherry to cap it all off (and make sure the local populace will remember our visit for some time to come).

As for the press, we'll either need to take it with us or destroy it covertly. I'm personally a fan of the perfect stealth route (challenge run ho!) but I'm open to suggestions.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 14, 2018, 07:37:36 am »

I totally want to loot that Press with you, Radio.

We'll instantly go from fake sensationalist newsies to real sensationalist newsies.

Though ... maybe during the war sensationalism wasn't the route to go? People wanted comfort and encouragement more than shock and gossip. Maybe. Maybe both. Whatever, Ed's an opportunist when it comes to newsprint, apparently.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 14, 2018, 07:52:42 am »

I plan to stab the guy walking you in, drag him into the hallway, and then take his uniform.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39