Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: AVATAR PROPHECY  (Read 17803 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: AVATAR LEGEND [OOC Discussion & Planning]
« Reply #225 on: October 15, 2017, 11:58:58 pm »

How long do you think someone needs to get ready?
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 15, 2017, 11:59:52 pm »

Just the extra day. Don't go crazy with it! Just have the last day be the threshold. Like "Limit's done, are you doing something now or do you wanna go ahead and play someone else's chapter?"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #227 on: October 16, 2017, 12:01:05 am »

Would you feel better if it was 2 days plus 1 day notice? I am not guaranteeing this is an option.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:03:32 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 16, 2017, 12:03:28 am »

So, like "Two days to update, and then the third day is the threshold?"

Because...well, again, that sounds good on paper. But in practice, it could still be too short. But we haven't practiced it, so it's not like we know it is, in fact, too short. I say go for it, but remain cautious that it could fail and that we may need to tweak it so that it's longer (or even shorter) depending on feedback.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #229 on: October 16, 2017, 12:05:22 am »

I don't know of a better way either.

But it's tough and fair at the same time 3 days. You know when it's coming. If you can't be there say something. If you're in the freaking hospital then you obviously should let someone take over. If you can't take a moment to say hey I need a little extra time. Then you probably shouldn't be continuing!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 16, 2017, 12:07:44 am »

Okay, makes sense. I say go for it.

Though, if those remarks were for me: I wasn't in the hospital, since it was just a pinched nerve and sprained muscle. The remarks about "Lacerations" and "Amputations" was just hyperbole, since around the time this started, the nerve and muscle were much more painful than they are now.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #231 on: October 16, 2017, 12:19:15 am »

No. It wouldn't work as well. Telling the other host is polite. However the three-day limit it's not going to hit any host by surprise. They're going to know what's coming.

If they can't say 'need more time', if they're too busy to do that within the 72 hours then they are too busy to run the chapter with potentially several players in it.

I'm sorry I did not mean to come off argumentative on this point. I saw a little too late I offered that as a option rather than something to think about.
Would you feel better if it was 2 days plus 1 day notice? I am not guaranteeing this is an option.

But for the reasons posted above I don't think it would work. I don't see any better way than the 3 day rule.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 16, 2017, 12:28:05 am »

Oh! Okay, yeah, I see. You missed a comma there. You said you post with some sort of speech-to-text at some point (I don't know why, but I'm not going to pry for fear that it might have some sort of traumatic backstory), so odds are good it just didn't pick up.

Okay, okay, three days is fine as it already is. I still think we need to keep in mind that the First Draft was just that: A first draft. Things may not work in practice and if someone raises a fuss, everyone involved should try to solve the problem should there be a legitimate grievance. (I was going to say "If someone raises a fuss like me", but I don't think anyone else here can go to the depths of violent anger I can)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #233 on: October 16, 2017, 12:29:00 am »

We did agree we could regroup and continue the story when Leonard returns. So that you made extra plans and we're not able to communicate them to me is unfortunate but it does not change what the currently established plan was.

I made it clear that the 3 day cut off applies to me.
I said If you're waiting for me to give you the go ahead(something you don't need bcus 72hr rule) that I already had. I made it clear you could cut ME off without me batting an eye. (had this been an issue for you, which obviously it had been, this is when I would have expected to hear about it most).

[ ] Greatness942 asked roseheart for some slack on the deadline.
[ ] roseheart implied he should get slack on his own chapters.
[ ] roseheart didn't wait till Paxiecrunchle returned to start Chapter 5.
[ ] roseheart didnt contact Greatness942 when Paxiecrunchle returned, to discuss how to proceed.
[ ] Returning to the story left on Chapter 3 when Paxiecrunchle returned was more of a possible consideration, than an agreed upon plan.
[ ] Greatness942 had previously mentioned the 3 day rule should also have a prompt from possible new hosts to current ones.
[·] If roseheart hadn't taken over, anyone else could have.

The great irony, I felt, was that I had no idea you'd even be thinking I was 'deleting' your chapter. I wouldn't have thought you would think I would do that. Otherwise don't you think I would have called mine chapter 4 if I was really erasing yours?...

No I called it chapter 5 because yours was a part of the story. It mattered. And the flashbacks could have continued... when Pax was away.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 16, 2017, 12:33:08 am »

I don't see anywhere where I said I actually agreed with that, since everything I see was me going insane because of the GMPC thing. You suggested it, and I never got back to you.

The go ahead was to have a GMPC, not to do the turn. I knew I could. I just needed to figure that out.

And finally: "No I called it chapter 5 because yours was a part of the story. It mattered. And the flashbacks could have continued... when Pax was away."

Well, now Pax is here, and I have a way to actually put him in. We don't need to stop the flashback just because he's here.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #235 on: October 16, 2017, 12:34:49 am »

Probably not.

But if the bottom line was that you threw this tantrum and got your way, would that be right?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #236 on: October 16, 2017, 12:37:05 am »

(I was going to say "If someone raises a fuss like me", but I don't think anyone else here can go to the depths of violent anger I can)

Maturity is not forgetting what you're capable of, it's knowing what you're capable of and choosing wisely.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 16, 2017, 12:39:05 am »

In this context, yes. Because I wouldn't have thrown a tantrum if you had done what I had suggested while calmed down and actually got an okay before replacing me. Paxie was right, we both did something wrong. I think it's high time you show some self-awareness and admit that you're not some paragon of virtue in this situation.

(I was going to say "If someone raises a fuss like me", but I don't think anyone else here can go to the depths of violent anger I can)

Maturity is not forgetting what you're capable of, it's knowing what you're capable of and choosing wisely.
Are you capable of anger? Because at the threshold of rage I was at when I blatantly messed up, I couldn't choose. Not a single rational thought went through because I was betrayed and hurting.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2017, 12:40:34 am »

We're just simply not on the same planet.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2017, 12:41:25 am »

...You're from Pluto? Awesome! What does that have to do with anything, though?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18