Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: AVATAR PROPHECY  (Read 17811 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: AVATAR LEGEND [OOC Discussion & Planning]
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2017, 04:07:58 pm »

Oh! I only deleted 171's text! I was under the impression putting "deleted" in a post would get rid of it. Didn't think to do that. Belay that, I can do it myself.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2017, 05:45:19 pm »

I see you have done what I asked. I wont say thank you for being a decent human being. That is the expectation not the exception.

Greatness is there going to be any more problems like this?
Eh, not really? I mean, I'm still miffed my turn was taken from me. I mean, I wasn't done with that and I'm not sure when I'm going to get another shot at that, since I can't just start in the middle. But I'm not going to crucify you over it.
Ok I believe you...

Delete these posts.
#171 #173 #177, IC thread #121

Your reply to my question is weak as hell. You put your frustration with my actions related to playing and running a game in the same breath as a promise to uphold the rights of others on the forum.

I DO believe we wont have any more problems together. But I am not currently convinced that we can.

I'm going to give you a second chance. I'm going to do better than a second chance I'm going to forget about all of this. Let's pretend it didn't happen.

Now. How would you have liked to have handled this differently? You don't need to explain just go ahead and approach me with your issue.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2017, 06:58:43 pm »

I know that perhaps this is not the best place to ask this but...Rosehear, why is your avatar no longer a rose and a heart ? It is confusing me.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2017, 10:32:27 pm »

New look..
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2017, 10:33:24 pm »

Okay, fine. Here's my issue:

I understand and respect that there is a turn limit for GMing. It helps prevent the game from dying, it speeds up turns, and it encourages GMs to update sooner and have more time to polish the turn and give it some key details to set the scene. My problem is that, after only a few hours late, I was replaced with no prompting, no chance to catch up, and no time to resolve the issue. I literally woke up to me being fired, so to speak.

Like I said, limits for GMs in a game like this is fine, but here's the "but" to that: But you cannot just move on without giving that GM a last chance. It doesn't have to be some lenient "Take some time and do it, okay?", it can be just some straight-up "I'm giving you this last day. Either do it or let someone else take the reins."

Without even an opportunity to actually put the turn out, you already wrote up an entire beginning to Chapter V, basically saying "Yeah, Chapter IV? All of Chapter IV? Nope, it's gone, we're not doing that now," in spite of everything I had planned. Do you think that makes me feel happy to not have to update due to, say, my pinched nerve and sprained muscle? No. I had so much planned for that. It was going to be an amazing Chapter that would've taken an interesting twist with Nightmare, and have shown the lengths it/he goes to give that name purpose. And now, I can't do that, because you already wrote the beginning of the next part and left me in the dust, and all because I was a few hours late and I wasn't given the chance to make up for that by doing a turn right then!

...So, yeah, there's my issue. Also:

"That is the expectation not the exception."
That is the expectation with me. Were we to meet in real life, you'd be shocked to see that. I hate seeing people cry, I love smiles, and I will help with any issue. It's just that when the exception shows up...well, you can probably tell what that looks like by now.

I know that perhaps this is not the best place to ask this but...Rosehear, why is your avatar no longer a rose and a heart ? It is confusing me.

It's Gwenpool, I think. Nice.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2017, 10:57:34 pm »

Here's a checklist. Which of the following are true:

[ ] Greatness942 asked roseheart for some slack on the deadline.
[ ] roseheart implied he should get slack on his own chapters.
[ ] roseheart didn't wait till Paxiecrunchle returned to start Chapter 5.
[ ] roseheart didnt contact Greatness942 when Paxiecrunchle returned, to discuss how to proceed.
[ ] Returning to the story left on Chapter 3 when Paxiecrunchle returned was more of a possible consideration, than an agreed upon plan.
[ ] Greatness942 had previously mentioned the 3 day rule should also have a prompt from possible new hosts to current ones.
[ ] If roseheart hadn't taken over, anyone else could have.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2017, 11:10:39 pm »

Here's a checklist. Which of the following are true:

[ ] Greatness942 asked roseheart for some slack on the deadline.
[ ] roseheart didnt contact Greatness942 when Paxiecrunchle returned, to discuss how to proceed.
[ ] Returning to the story left on Chapter 3 when Paxiecrunchle returned was more of a possible consideration, than an agreed upon plan.
[ ] Greatness942 had previously mentioned the 3 day rule should also have a prompt from possible new hosts to current ones.
[ ] If roseheart hadn't taken over, anyone else could have.

Okay.

[x ] Greatness942 asked roseheart for some slack on the deadline.
[x ] Greatness942 had previously mentioned the 3 day rule should also have a prompt from possible new hosts to current ones.
[x ] If roseheart hadn't taken over, anyone else could have.

And now, I shall explain why I didn't check some of these.

"roseheart implied he should get slack on his own chapters."
I have a legitimately poor memory and I don't remember this being said at all. If I could get a post number, I'll check it off, but it's better safe than sorry when it's something I can't remember. And I'm not trying to be mean. I'm not saying you didn't. I'm saying my memory is shoddy as hell and any attempt to remember anything from even a short while is an exercise in frustration.

"roseheart didn't wait till Paxiecrunchle returned to start Chapter 5."
"roseheart didnt contact Greatness942 when Paxiecrunchle returned, to discuss how to proceed."

Really quite simple, actually. These did happen.

"Returning to the story left on Chapter 3 when Paxiecrunchle returned was more of a possible consideration, than an agreed upon plan."

Nope. Actually, when I PM'd Paxie with what to do, he suggested putting him in Chapter IV and just having it so that Fbzib's disguise meant he couldn't recall him. So actually, the agreed upon plan was to put him in. I didn't check this one because it's just plain wrong.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:13:53 pm by Greatness942 »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2017, 11:14:54 pm »

• Greatness942 asked roseheart for some slack on the deadline.
  • Greatness942 had previously mentioned the 3 day rule should also have a prompt from possible new hosts to current ones.

Ok.. show me a quote.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2017, 11:27:59 pm »

Well, for the former:
Okay, fine. Here's my issue:

I understand and respect that there is a turn limit for GMing. It helps prevent the game from dying, it speeds up turns, and it encourages GMs to update sooner and have more time to polish the turn and give it some key details to set the scene. My problem is that, after only a few hours late, I was replaced with no prompting, no chance to catch up, and no time to resolve the issue. I literally woke up to me being fired, so to speak.

Like I said, limits for GMs in a game like this is fine, but here's the "but" to that: But you cannot just move on without giving that GM a last chance. It doesn't have to be some lenient "Take some time and do it, okay?", it can be just some straight-up "I'm giving you this last day. Either do it or let someone else take the reins."

Without even an opportunity to actually put the turn out, you already wrote up an entire beginning to Chapter V, basically saying "Yeah, Chapter IV? All of Chapter IV? Nope, it's gone, we're not doing that now," in spite of everything I had planned. Do you think that makes me feel happy to not have to update due to, say, my pinched nerve and sprained muscle? No. I had so much planned for that. It was going to be an amazing Chapter that would've taken an interesting twist with Nightmare, and have shown the lengths it/he goes to give that name purpose. And now, I can't do that, because you already wrote the beginning of the next part and left me in the dust, and all because I was a few hours late and I wasn't given the chance to make up for that by doing a turn right then!

...So, yeah, there's my issue. Also:

"That is the expectation not the exception."
That is the expectation with me. Were we to meet in real life, you'd be shocked to see that. I hate seeing people cry, I love smiles, and I will help with any issue. It's just that when the exception shows up...well, you can probably tell what that looks like by now.

It's Gwenpool, I think. Nice.

And the latter...okay, again, my memory's troubling me. I'm sure this happened, but I don't know when.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2017, 11:31:34 pm »

These are of course quotes from 5 minutes ago.. And not before I made chapter 5 on Oct 10th.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2017, 11:34:42 pm »

Ah, that's what you meant. Would've been nice to get some specification before I quoted.

Well, if you want a quote before Chapter V, then I'm sorry, but I can't provide. As I implied, I was a little busy with blinding pain in my leg, and a bit of a Tropical Storm warning that, while it meant nothing in the end, could have possibly wiped power had something happened. I didn't think to ask to get some extra time. I thought I'd have at least a few hours already to do the turn on Crunch Time.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2017, 11:39:18 pm »

Obviously this is an important issue to you. However if you are unsure you even brought it up, then how can you hold someone accountable to it?

I know we didn't talk about it because I would have strongly opposed it.

The rule was in the first draft I PMd to you of the whole game. You did not bring up this issue then. And you never did since.

As you've already explained you understand why I have the rule. However if you had asked about that exception I would tell you why I would not change it to do that.

In my opinion I would rather lean in the favor of the person that's going to be taking over, rather than the person who's currently there. The person that's currently there has a plan for the chapter already. The person that's taking over needs time to make one. If they need to wait for a response and they begin to make a chapter just for the previous person to say hey sorry I'm late, sorry I didn't say I need extra time I'm going to take over now. I don't think that's right.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2017, 11:47:48 pm »

Nope. Actually, when I PM'd Paxie with what to do, he suggested putting him in Chapter IV and just having it so that Fbzib's disguise meant he couldn't recall him. So actually, the agreed upon plan was to put him in. I didn't check this one because it's just plain wrong.

I had no idea. That would probably have been good too send back to me as soon as that was determined.
-As far as I knew there had been no progress on it.
-You did not seem do to have any convictions on what to do, based on our conversation on PM.
-anybody could take over, so why not me and why not do our plan?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2017, 11:56:19 pm »

Okay, firstly, a First Draft is supposed to look good on paper, but be altered in practice. Saying it's not an issue because I didn't say it was an issue back before we actually did something isn't fair or viable. All ideas are worthwhile, but in practice, they need to be handled perfectly or they do not work. And it's clear that the First Draft, no matter how much praise I gave it, is not working. So stop holding to it, because it's clear from my end that it needs some adjustment.

Secondly: "If they need to wait for a response and they begin to make a chapter just for the previous person to say hey sorry I'm late, sorry I didn't say I need extra time I'm going to take over now. I don't think that's right."

You're missing the point. I wasn't saying that people should be selfish and take back turns just because they're late. I'm saying that if they are late, you should ask if they are going to end up updating or if it'd be alright to let someone else do it. You wanna know what I was going to do the day I was replaced? I was actually going to update. I went on Bay12 to update Chapter IV and thus continue on, and what do I see? "Chapter V" And you know what? This whole mess could have been averted had you simply asked for me before replacing me. But no, I slept in to, what, 2:00 PM after my stressful little week, and thus I must be penalized. Is that what you're saying? That if someone takes a second more to update than what the "First Draft" said, they must be penalized. Because in my eyes, it's looking like that.

"As far as I knew there had been no progress on it."
"You did not seem do to have any convictions on what to do, based on our conversation on PM."

That was my bad, yes. I thought I would've made that clear during my next update, since it would have Leonard in it.

"anybody could take over, so why not me and why not do our plan?"

I don't get what you're asking here. Are you saying I have a grudge because you, specifically, took over? No. I would have raged against Paxiecrunch or Puppyguard had they done the same. I am sick of people walking over me because they think they can get one over on me. And I know that wasn't your intention, but that's (one of) the (many) reason(s) I got so angry: It wasn't just that I got replaced, it was that I was replaced with such little fan-fare that it felt like I was being mocked. Like "Haha, you didn't update because you might have a laceration or something serious happening to you. Looks like someone else gets to update. Let me know how the amputation goes!"

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2017, 11:58:24 pm »

" I'm saying that if they are late, you should ask if they are going to end up updating or if it'd be alright to let someone else do it."

And wait how long?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18