Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Random Superpower Deathmatch (DEFECTIVE) 2: Mind control is difficult  (Read 7366 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Random Superpower Deathmatch (DEFECTIVE) 2: Welcome to New Frontier!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2017, 10:34:28 am »

Meta:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2017, 11:36:11 am »

I'm in college and working part time. Don't expect this game tp be updated rapidly.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 07:44:23 pm »

"H-hang on! I'm already outside the station! That's BULLSHIT man! Whoa sorry, didn't mean to say it like that. Just give me some time here!"

Retreat back inside the station by following the tether. After I do so, figure out why I was outside.

(I'm aware you probably meant "don't leave the station permanently and go somewhere else", but hey. Role playing. Also I wanted to be a little meta I guess.)
You pull yourself along your tether to a small circular hatch. You push the OPEN button and pressurized air rushes out and nearly blows you away but you hang on tight.

"Just to clarify, you're allowed to leave the station but you're not allowed to leave it's air...spacespace or loiter outside for too long."

I start chanting at the really tall man to make him my slave by force of love.

"The the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the."

I start chanting at the really tall man to make him my slave by force of love.

"The the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the."

"Look, bud, you don't have to hypnotise me, I'll WILLINGLY join you."

Subvert papier-mache's mind control attempt by willingly allying with him.
Froggo chants "The the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the." to the tall man like he has a really bad stutter. Nix doesn't look infatuated. He doesn't look affected at all.

Nix doesn't feel anything about the frog guy's chanting. It's a bit annoying if anything. "Look, bud, you don't have to hypnotise me, I'll WILLINGLY join you." he offers.

Wow, moral compass for the win! Other than that, I could unlock safes easy. Randomly guess a combination, try it, then know what combination I should've used to open it on the first try. Or, know what I should've done to get reasonable superpowers. Also, you should roll a d7 to find out what day it is today. When you say wednesday or saturday, do you mean when it is currently one of those days in-game or out-of-game?

Figure out where I should've spawned to be face-to-face with another combatant. Then go to that place, if it isn't outside the station. If this fails, look for a merchant of guns, weapons, or something.
Where should you have spawned to be face to face with another combatant? You have no idea. It's not like you had any choice where to spawn.

You sprint out of the workshop looking for a weapons merchant, ignoring all the potential lethal weapons you could've borrowed for free there. You follow the sound of haggling down a corridor to a bustling bazaar. It's full of all sorts of space wierdos and aliens performing the fine dance of capitalism. You could probably buy a lot of weapons here if you had anything to trade.

Your power only works when its one of those days in game. I did roll dice to find out the day, hour, and minute.

Are any of the contestants female, and is the sperm transformation permanent? If not, I could forcibly insert myself, and then turn back into a human, exploding them from the inside.
Edit: Hmm, seemingly not.
Also, why u no time stopping? I could blackmail people!

Spoiler: Gm only (click to show/hide)
"N-no I-I'm fine"
Locate a kitchen and find a knife.

Spoiler: off topic (click to show/hide)
((I've never got around to playing SS13, so it's not a reference. Just a coincidence.))

Aht opens his eyes to look for the way to a kitchen and immediately vomits all over the floor from the disgusting flavour of all the drinks and the unhygenic nonhuman patrons combined. He closes his eyes again. Damn this power, it's worse than useless!

Signe just watches as the nauseous man pukes then closes his eyes again. So this is the competition?

"What's wrong with you, ya haven't even had a drink yet! Don'tcha worry, medical'll be here in a jif." The cloaked being says.

to the power station! Ignore trenchcoat guy away!
Give everybody but me mild food poisoning, then run for it in a random direction.
Johnson slowly crawls away while Johnny sits there drooling. By the time Johnny gets his wits back Johnson is out of sight, so he wanders off in a random direction.

The further Johnson crawls the less gravity there is, until he's pulling himself through the hair by the handholds. He makes it to a hatch labeled "Power Core" which is lined with a blue glow.

Johnny wanders until he falls through a hatch in the floor and lands on his butt. He's at a four way intersection in a relatively clean hallway painted in pastel colours. The walls are lined with doors most of which are personalized with art. You hear cheering and laughing coming from down one of the hallways.

Is the space station owned by any country? Well, no time like the present to find out.

Try to teleport to somewhere else that's safe within the station.

Being murmuring nonsense, causing everyone around me to break into hysterics.

Then, while they're laughing, start hitting (and then, when it breaks, shanking) the other contestant that isn't the guy who can teleport with a glass bottle.

@BlitzDungeoneer: Truce?
Find a hat!
The only safe place Johnny Johnson the 2nd (Not to be confused with S. G. Johnson or Johnny) knows about in the station is this very room, and that's not very safe with two other contestants in it. He tries to teleport to the opposite corner in the same room, but can't work up enough energy to do so.

Breadweed Fragment starts murmuring nonsense loud enough for the others to hear. Bob starts giggling a bit but Johnny still has a straight face without a hint of humour. Breadweed swings a glass bottle at Bob and he probably would have succeeded if the bottle was real, except the bottle isn't real and his fist passes a millimeter in front of Bob's face.

The still giggling Bob looks for a hat. He can't find a hat. :)) :'(

Fucking hug that alien. Then look at the controls. What am I looking at here?
You give the bug like alien a mediocre awkward hug. He responds in his raspy voice "Get lost Human! Find someone else to bother!"
A couple of the active control panels are for monitoring incoming and outgoing space traffic. Another few show security footage from inside the station. A few more have graphs or scrolling text and numbers but you have no idea what they mean. You can't really tell what the controls are supposed to do, but some of the buttons are big and red.

Y'know what?  Actually, this sounds so much fun and so easy to play that I think I'll start right now!

Name: TheLegend2007

Description: A short male human in his late teens, his skin is olive, his hair is carrot orange, his eyes are seafoam, his large blunt nose has a prominant arch. He is wearing a GiantBatWool coat and gloves of ostrich leather, he is wearing a small kilt of horsehair. He is barefoot.

Power: Ambidextrous, which isn't really a power so none yet! ;D
TheLegend2007 wakes up in the engineering workshop just in time to see Senn Pae leave.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shittysuperpowers/comments/6uab0v/you_can_travel_to_the_future_at_the_speed_of_one/
https://www.reddit.com/r/shittysuperpowers/comments/6rypx6/you_have_the_ability_to_clone_yourself_but_you/
TheLegend2007 gains the ability to travel to the future at one second per second. More importantly he gains the ability to clone himself, but he has to give birth and raise himself like any other baby.

"Just a reminder that you can sacrifice two of your powers for a new one. It could help a few of you, especially you Pukey."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:15:58 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 07:51:28 pm »

(missed my action?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Superpower Deathmatch (DEFECTIVE) 2: Mind control is difficult
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2017, 08:06:37 pm »

Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2017, 08:12:08 pm »

"The !@#$?"

"Tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato..."

Continue saying tomato while trying to strangle Bob.

Also, roll to disbelieve.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2017, 08:18:00 pm »

(missed my action?))
Sorry! Added it to the end of the turn.

Y'know what?  Actually, this sounds so much fun and so easy to play that I think I'll start right now!

Name: TheLegend2007

Description: A short male human in his late teens, his skin is olive, his hair is carrot orange, his eyes are seafoam, his large blunt nose has a prominant arch. He is wearing a GiantBatWool coat and gloves of ostrich leather, he is wearing a small kilt of horsehair. He is barefoot.

Power: Ambidextrous, which isn't really a power so none yet! ;D
I also spawned in TheLegend2007, who has an interesting power.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2017, 08:24:23 pm »

I also spawned in TheLegend2007, who has an interesting power.
Roll even harder to disbelieve/see through an invisibility illusion/get TheLegend2007/whoever is messing with me out of my head.

EDIT: Oh, he doesn't have any mind-related powers. Still do that, though.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:59:27 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2017, 08:40:39 pm »

To the cheering and laughing! ... if I'm Johnny. These names are confusing.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2017, 08:46:01 pm »

"Come on Frogface, let's go kill some other shitty supers."

Find supers other than Froggo, to do battle with.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2017, 08:46:42 pm »

open the hatch, but don't enter quite yet. Look for any sort of safety gear that I might need to wear.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2017, 09:42:19 pm »

EMBRACE VOMITING! Begin shooting vomit at everyone in sight, aiming for the eyes!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2017, 11:04:24 pm »

So I'm a male that can give birth...oh wow that sounds incredibly painful, goodbye penis, your about to be destroyed by my characters biology.

Oh well....I guess he'll be the most immoral bastard here,

>I attempt to hide somewhere to begin giving birth to several versions of myself in preparation for using theses infants as infinite blunt weapons.

EDIT: consider human shields as well, depending on others sensibilites.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:14:45 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2017, 10:07:25 am »

O.K.
Name: Nir Adveris

Description: A guy wearing all black.
Spoiler: Pause Desc. (click to show/hide)
Powers: TBA.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4