Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What to do with the Vampire when found.

Non-stop Lever puller (Thusly earning the name Kronk for when a wrong lever is inevitably pulled)
- 5 (62.5%)
Execution Method (Probably coincides with lever pulling so there's some other use for him besides waiting)
- 0 (0%)
Super Soldier
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Glory to Mother Mountainhome  (Read 38810 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: Glory to Mother Mountainhome
« Reply #255 on: December 17, 2017, 09:47:22 pm »

Okay fine, i'll admit it, what I am really doing is waiting for graphics packs to update fully  before attempting to do anything, please don't put an ice-pick through my brain, thank you.

Ice pick? We use metal picks! Ice picks break too easily.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 17, 2017, 10:07:30 pm »

Okay fine, i'll admit it, what I am really doing is waiting for graphics packs to update fully  before attempting to do anything, please don't put an ice-pick through my brain, thank you.

Comrade I shall be unable to be of any use at all with any sort of pick through my brain, surely you do not wish to have reduced the potential pool laborers and worse, potentially damage a valuable mining tool!

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 18, 2017, 09:37:33 am »

Comrade I shall be unable to be of any use at all with any sort of pick through my brain, surely you do not wish to have reduced the potential pool laborers and worse, potentially damage a valuable mining tool!

In proper response to the initial comment, does waiting for the texture packs really matter?

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 18, 2017, 10:01:47 am »

In proper response to the initial comment, does waiting for the texture packs really matter?

I can't recognise anything with a tileset. Glory to ASCII!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 18, 2017, 02:28:01 pm »

Lol. I'm the opposite. Which is why I'm forcing myself to not use one.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 19, 2017, 03:32:31 am »

Lol. I'm the opposite. Which is why I'm forcing myself to not use one.
Braver than I. Good luck to you all tho.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2017, 02:11:04 pm »

If all goes according to plan (and I don't get distracted with YouTube) there should be another update by tomorrow night! (9pmish US Eastern Time)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 20, 2017, 07:46:27 pm »

NEW POLL

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 20, 2017, 07:54:20 pm »

For whatever reason I can't vote, so put me down as No Trading.

Thank you for fixing it comrade.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:19:51 pm by MottledPetrel »

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 20, 2017, 08:21:20 pm »

For whatever reason I can't vote, so put me down as No Trading.

whoops. I had locked voting from the last poll. Fixed now!

In other news: I'm having to make my own sort of Dwarf Therapist. In a word doc to keep track of who the hell has mining, wood cutting, or hunting (thinking of not really bothering with hunting. We don't need fifty hunters...) And I've begun disabling weapon smithing and armor smithing for the dorfs for now so we can get quality stuff faster. Eventually we'll have two 'companies' run by those two who employ dorfs in there to just churn out random crap and melt it down over and over again to get some more quality smiths there.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 20, 2017, 10:06:07 pm »

Alright! End of Year has been reached! I will get the proper post done tomorrow.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 21, 2017, 08:54:36 pm »

RedStar The Star of Labors: Yearly Report 1

Kommissar Ivan: Limestone 14 Y55

No much haz happened until now. Blockz being churned out, bronze iz melted, Red Hammer 1 iz training. But joyous newz. Our firzt Soviet Bear Cub haz been born.

Kommissar Ivan: Limestone 15 Y55

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Our komeradez of the caravan have arrived today. The liazon says that some goblins attacked one of our gloriouz strongholds elzewhere to south. No refugees fled, zo muzt have held ztrong like proper Kommuniztz. I asked them to bring lotz of pig iron and limestone next year, we need that for proper weaponz and Defense of State. Should have azked them to bring coal too, too late now though. We traded some potz and bronze barz for their two barz of pig iron. Not enough ztuff made yet to give to caravan.

Kommissar Ivan: Limestone 20 Y55

We have at leazt 10 Soviet Bear Cubs running around now. They refuze to ztay in pazture, follow motherz around with myself, Chief of Hammer, and Chief of ElfChopping. May have to cull them a little bit if we need food and leather. I have removed them from pazture zo no jobs come about of people trying to drag them back.

Kommissar Ivan: Sometime in Fall Y55

We have migrantz. Zeem fine enough thiz time. One iz an armorer, novice at it, but will get good zoon. Better than all otherz here. I will allow him to start K-Arm. Zoon we will be capable to make great factories churning out greatest armor and weaponz to all Communist cities! In other newz, the first forge iz zet up. Bronze warhammers, bronze axes, and bronze picks are being made quickly! Enough for all our miners and wood cutters to equip themzelves. I need to check that Red Axes are uzing proper axes. May need to force them to use zpecific weapon too keep copper axe out of combat. Alzo went through and made proper uniformz for each troop. Hammer, Axe, and Bolter. Debating on bone crossbow or bronze. All have metal armor. Will need to make plenty of bronze armor when all squads are filled. Should do that zome time next year...

Kommissar Ivan: Moonstone 20 Y55

Firzt mood. Iz fey, zo legendary zomething for Maximum Spin. It bezt be good for fortress.

I looked over Maximum Spin's shoulder when he ztarted crafting.

It had better be uzeful. Wood iz preciouz here for now.

Kommissar Ivan: Moonstone 28 Y55

BAH. Uzelezz trinket. Part of Deathpunch's family? Makez him suzpiciouz too. Good thing Madman, Chief of Hammer, iz keeping eye on him. I will need to have trial room made on zide of volcano mouth zoon.

Other newz, bazic wall to protect uz iz being built. Stronk wall. Mechanicz and draw bridge too. Debating to channel right to where main entrance will be first, or build main city wall and ztart channeling out thoze buildingz. Need more rockz for latter anyway, zo firzt idea could be good. Give lotz of rockz and metal veinz. Smoothing of current level before engraving iz almozt done too. When that iz finizhed, will channel down and zmooth again, then engrave, and repeat onze again until main hall iz made. Then channel out parade ground location? Get more rockz?

Kommissar Ivan: Granite 1 Y56

Below iz zketch of fortrezz so far.

1 is main mine for now.
2 is Trade depot, mechanicz workzhop, and meeting zone. Can see zome diplomat lazing around. (OOC: Soviet Bear cubs are red, adults are grey for some reason.)
3 is main gate, wagonz can enter through it.
4 is training location of both melee squads.
5 is forges
6 is stockpiles
7 is farms
8 is the various needed workshops until factory space is made for them.

End of Year (EoY) Wealth

EoY Pop

EoY Death

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 21, 2017, 09:03:23 pm »

Have you been able to confirm if the interaction to spout communist propaganda is working, comrade? I couldn't get it to work in my test runs, has RedStar proven to be more communist than them? If not, then we have no defense against filthy capitalist spies.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:04:54 pm by MottledPetrel »

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 21, 2017, 10:16:16 pm »

Have you been able to confirm if the interaction to spout communist propaganda is working, comrade? I couldn't get it to work in my test runs, has RedStar proven to be more communist than them? If not, then we have no defense against filthy capitalist spies.

Not yet. I'll have to send the military after some helpless animals to check. But eventually we should get some dwarf capitalists, plenty of them survived world gen.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2017, 12:39:25 pm »

Wasn't it a greeting based interaction? Shouldn't they just be saying it on their own whenever they feel like it? Even without that, you should probably send out the defenders of communism to go kill some wild animals so they can get some real weapons training.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20