Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What to do with the Vampire when found.

Non-stop Lever puller (Thusly earning the name Kronk for when a wrong lever is inevitably pulled)
- 5 (62.5%)
Execution Method (Probably coincides with lever pulling so there's some other use for him besides waiting)
- 0 (0%)
Super Soldier
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Glory to Mother Mountainhome  (Read 38841 times)

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
Re: Glory to Mother Mountainhome
« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2017, 03:20:53 pm »

wow this took a while to start, if you are dorfing randoms in the forums I would like to be dorfed.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2017, 04:26:58 pm »

wow this took a while to start, if you are dorfing randoms in the forums I would like to be dorfed.

Da komerade. Am dorfing. What profession would you like?
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2017, 05:05:10 pm »

is hammer dwarf available if so I'll take that, if not I'll take a full time military dwarf
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2017, 05:37:52 pm »

is hammer dwarf available if so I'll take that, if not I'll take a full time military dwarf

Hammer dorf is always available! Might be a little bit before you are in though.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2017, 06:33:46 pm »

Hammer dorf is always available! Might be a little bit before you are in though.
ok

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2017, 06:43:33 pm »

ok

Actually you got in with the first migrant wave. Congrats. :P

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2017, 07:39:47 pm »

RedStar The Star of Labors: Semi Annual Report

Kommissar Ivan: Granite 1 Y55 (OOC: Not 52, that was the last embark. My bad)

I've drawn up plans for how the start is going to go.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The red circle is the trade depot, we'll floor over the grass around it and round out the area once the walls are built up for the DoS Building on that side. The green circle is where the initial magma forges and glassmaking will be going, as well as a tunnel from where the main entrance will be, three V-urists down. I'm thinking either ramps up to the current level, or the forges and parade grounds will have ramps leading down into that hall with it being a huge 3 v-urists tall structure. Preferably smoothed and engraved all the way through. The blue circle is where the parade grounds entrance will be. The black arrow is the tunnel that will lead to the top of the mountain, and the basic mine for now.

Kommissar Ivan Hematite 21 Y55

More progress has been made, albeit very slowly due to so much hauling. The volcano mouth has been breached and slowly being floored over, and several workshops have been set up; Masons (for rock blocks), Still (for the all important booze), and Kitchen. Trade depot (temp or permanent, not certain yet) has been placed as well. The farm plots and seed stockpiles inside have been built as well. And lastly stockpile room straight across from trade depot. On left is food and booze, in front of entrance to stock pile are basic rocks, to right of that is ores, to right of that is furniture, and on very right is general storage for bars and blocks and similar.

We have found tetrahedrite further up in mountain and are mining out casserite nearby. This is all good news comrades. For we can have bronze!

The migrants that came today are all most helpful. Mother Mountainhome was most thoughtful to send a weaponsmith under contract, the owner of U-Wep. As such, I will disable the weapon smithing labors of everyone once the forge is set up. Can't have inferior weapons being made until we have proper stuff for our guardians of communism! Then we can begin working the other members with inferior metal like copper to get proper weapon and armor moods. Comrade Deathpunch began training under Comrade Madman with Red Hammer 1 (RH 1) as soon as I saw his file had him being quite good with a hammer. Comrade Sanctume arrived with her own ax and will be starting the Red Axes 1 (RA 1) unit soon, once bronze armor and weapons are crafted.
-----------

Kommisar Ivan Sekrit Dokuments Hematite 21 Y55

We got 8 migrants that claim to have been sent from Mother Mountainhome after they received my preliminary report. Most of them seem good, but one, Comrade Etur seems extremely shifty. Too smart for his own good. His file shows that, unlike the others, he has been practicing a great many poems and dances. He won't be using that crossbow of his in combat. I think I'll put him with Comrade Sanctume. The Chief of Elfchopping will surely be able to keep him straight with Communism and not falling too far. He can continue to hunt though.

---------------

Kommisar Ivan Galena 3 Y55

Progress is proceeding quicker, comrades! All the casserite has been dug out and they should begin digging out the tetrahedrite soon. I'm getting a small office in the location of the trading tunnel, that will be moved as soon as we have the military set up and defenses dug out. Enough of the volcano has been covered over for a magma smeltery to be set into place, and a butcher and tanning workshop have been placed and are getting some use thanks to Comrade Etur's hunting.

Kommisar Ivan Limestone 1 Y55

Semi-Annual Report

Greetings Comrades of Mother Mountainhome,

Kommisar Ivan reporting, all is going well. The citizens are in high spirits and we've begun to make bronze bars for weapons and armor when the volcano is floored over. At the moment it is a strip of floor wide enough for the workshops and a stockpile around them. A craftdwarf workshop has been set up to produce pots and mugs, and a leather working workshop has been created to make all the quivers we'll need later for the archers. Galena is being dug out to make silver for proper warhammers. No shortage of food or booze yet. Currently only RH 1 is training, the axes for RA 1 are copper and used in tree chopping. I need to make it so copper axes are the only axes used for tree chopping. A sketch of the fortress at the moment has been provided.

----------

Kommisar Ivan Sekrit Dokuments 1 Limestone Y55

The files of the new migrants worth mentioning.

Comrade Skeletal

Comrade Sanctume

Comrade Maximum Spin

Comrade Deathpunch

Comrade Bearskie

Comrade AernJardos
--------------------------
OOC: I forgot to take a picture of the various status screens this time around and as such I've decided not to do them for the mid-year reports. :P

EDIT: OH! Everyone on the migrant wave had a wide range of intellectual skills and was at least novice in one poem, song, or dance. What should I do? Say all in it are Sus?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:43:55 pm by speciesunkn0wn »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2017, 08:18:38 pm »

I'd say do something like "partial suspect", because that's way too many people for such an early fort to handle as suspected traitors to communism. Novice in a poem or dance shouldn't be that bad, but anything higher than novice should be looked at with suspicion.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2017, 09:31:38 pm »

I'd say do something like "partial suspect", because that's way too many people for such an early fort to handle as suspected traitors to communism. Novice in a poem or dance shouldn't be that bad, but anything higher than novice should be looked at with suspicion.

Alright. Etur is considered full suspect due to having like, 6 different ones he's novice in. I'd consider that a good amount for suspected intellectual.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2017, 09:33:36 pm »

What if we find a dance that is very similar to, you know, that Russian squat dance?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2017, 10:44:21 pm »

My fellow komrades, these skills are merely necessary in the execution of my role as chief of KGB. For while I abhor the thought of song, dance and writing in tarnishing the uniform red of communism, it be necessary evil to root out kapitalis elements amongst the works of the intelligentsia. As humble slave to Party, I must acquiesce to my duties, no matter the horrors they bring to my soul.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 16, 2017, 09:18:01 am »

What if we find a dance that is very similar to, you know, that Russian squat dance?

Are the dances described? I mean I could probably copy the save and go look at the stuff in legends mode.

My fellow komrades, these skills are merely necessary in the execution of my role as chief of KGB. For while I abhor the thought of song, dance and writing in tarnishing the uniform red of communism, it be necessary evil to root out kapitalis elements amongst the works of the intelligentsia. As humble slave to Party, I must acquiesce to my duties, no matter the horrors they bring to my soul.

Fear not Komerade! You will be getting an agent to help you.

Should KGB (Royal Guard) get different uniforms than the other squads? Like a black cloak or something?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 16, 2017, 02:15:53 pm »

I'll have you know that it's a Ukrainian squat dance (called hopak).  :P

Though, seriously, way too many Ukrainian things and people have been written off as Russian. Cossacks, for example, were Ukrainian, not Russian. Famous writer Nikolai Gogol, although spending most of his life in Russia, was born in Ukraine and wrote almost exclusively about Ukraine. The Antonov An-225 Mriya, the longest and heaviest plane in the world, was designed and built in Ukraine, but it's said that it is Russian very frequently. This mixing up of history is a pretty big contributor to the "Ukraine is Russia" mentality so many believe in today. Though, of course, it's not necessarily your fault, KittyTac; it's become pretty widespread today.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 17, 2017, 09:32:34 pm »

Okay fine, i'll admit it, what I am really doing is waiting for graphics packs to update fully  before attempting to do anything, please don't put an ice-pick through my brain, thank you.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 17, 2017, 09:35:35 pm »

((ASCII master race))
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20