Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What to do with the Vampire when found.

Non-stop Lever puller (Thusly earning the name Kronk for when a wrong lever is inevitably pulled)
- 5 (62.5%)
Execution Method (Probably coincides with lever pulling so there's some other use for him besides waiting)
- 0 (0%)
Super Soldier
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Glory to Mother Mountainhome  (Read 38838 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: Glory to Mother Mountainhome
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2017, 01:04:59 pm »

That's the PETVALUE tag for you, comrade. Bears do not come cheap!

We should just buy some soviet bears from the caravan after we have established ourselves and made sure that glorious communism strikes fear in the hearts of her enemies.

I figured it out. I asked in the mods forums and I had forgotten to change it inside the save itself.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2017, 10:00:20 am »

Alright! I've gotten the embark completed, haven't dug in yet (too busy), but we have an aquifer. On a giant ass mountainous region. So hopefully it'll be fairly far down. Either way, if we run into it, we'll carve out a good chunk above it, leaving spots for hospitals, then channel the aquifer to get water and obsidianize it. Then channel that out and some lucky comerades will be getting obsidian rooms.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2017, 03:31:18 pm »

That would be VERY uncommunistic of you comrade. One of the most important tenants of communism is that everyone gets equal shares of everything. Either everyone gets obsidian rooms, or no one gets obsidian rooms. Except, of course, if they are important heads of state. Heads of state need optimum conditions to work under if they are to lead our fortress to glory. If you REALLY want to embrace the communist ideals with our sleeping quarters, then instead of individual rooms all citizens should share a dormitory. Because why would anyone need personal property when it is all provided by the state and shared by the citizens?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2017, 11:48:48 pm »

Failing which, everyone gets obsidian bones. #JustCommunismThings

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2017, 11:55:16 pm »

THIS THREAD IS A MASTERPEICE.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2017, 12:11:02 am »

And we haven't even started playing yet.

Whoever decides to read this is going to have to scroll through 14 pages of shitposts before he gets to the real stuff. Perhaps a link could be included in the OP to where the game starts? Or we could just make a new thread.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2017, 06:16:51 am »

I'd say a link, or at least a mention that the actual game starts on page whatever. We wouldn't want people to miss out on the glorious shitposting just because they wanted to actually read what happened to the fort now would we  :P .

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2017, 08:12:48 am »

And we haven't even started playing yet.

Whoever decides to read this is going to have to scroll through 14 pages of shitposts before he gets to the real stuff. Perhaps a link could be included in the OP to where the game starts? Or we could just make a new thread.

I'd say a link, or at least a mention that the actual game starts on page whatever. We wouldn't want people to miss out on the glorious shitposting just because they wanted to actually read what happened to the fort now would we  :P .

Except is not shit posting. Is glorious posting!

In response to those saying obsidian rooms are bad, I can make it a storage layer. Or some dining rooms.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2017, 11:49:44 am »

SO! Uh. I'm looking at the map and it is TIIIIIINY. No space in front of the volcano for a proper entrance and barely any behind it as well. Despite being 3x3. Should I go and make it 5x3? That will give a chunk of space in front of the volcano and an extra chunk behind it. Or alternatively, 5x5.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2017, 03:54:54 pm »

I'd say go for the 5x3, but could you provide a screenshot of the area? And have you made sure that we are next to the maximum amount of neighbors that we can instill communism into through violent force?

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2017, 06:18:36 pm »

I'd say go for the 5x3, but could you provide a screenshot of the area? And have you made sure that we are next to the maximum amount of neighbors that we can instill communism into through violent force?

Here is image of current embark size

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The width of the ascii is the length of the X-Horz-Urists. The Y-Horz-Urists is a fair bit, but I don't need that direction. I need the X-H-Urist. I want all to come from west side of map, with the volcano, going east. So they are met with DoS Building and unable to see inside the city proper where they are not allowed to go/see.

And yes. We have fascists, capitalists, and anarchists within range. Several cities of each, in fact. And since troops can go all over the map, we could potentially strike every single place on the continent!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2017, 07:26:49 pm »

That seems fine, as long as the biome in the western part that isn't mountain is something suitable for habitation by the state.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2017, 08:30:32 pm »

Why don't we have a red color scheme? It's settable in the raws.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2017, 09:51:54 pm »

He's got a point, but I suppose magma'll have to do.

5x3 or 6x2 if you're FPS-conscious. Horizontal length is the key here; you want the flat plains at the foot of the volcano and the volcano itself on the left edge of the map.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2017, 10:14:29 pm »

He's got a point, but I suppose magma'll have to do.

5x3 or 6x2 if you're FPS-conscious. Horizontal length is the key here; you want the flat plains at the foot of the volcano and the volcano itself on the left edge of the map.

That seems fine, as long as the biome in the western part that isn't mountain is something suitable for habitation by the state.

What I want is space in front of the volcano to make a grand entrance. DoS is going to be built around the volcano. And I want an odd number so the volcano is as centered as possible in the Y axis.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20