Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: FEF: Shields of Caermo IC [Chapter 2 - Blades in the Dark]  (Read 22381 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Shields of Caermo IC [Prologue - Moving Right Along]
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2017, 10:03:44 pm »

"Hold on a moment, Henry. Why would you think we would fight bandits like that with just the five of us? The Shields of Caermo never send even their best squads out alone, much less a little group of rookies like us. That would be stupid."

"Much like you're being right now."

"I saw that blow you took. No offense to Adrienne, but she definitely can't hit that hard normally. It was very lucky, and it did take you out of the battle, sure. But even if we had to fight a group of bandits on our own, do you really think that every one of them would be able to hit you exactly like that, every time?"

"You're a great fighter, Henry. One unlucky hit isn't going to change that."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2017, 10:15:10 pm »

"Seventy. If you're arguing that that was a lucky hit, then you have to allow for the idea that anyone can land a lucky hit like that. So yes, it could happen, anywhere, anytime, any opponent. But this one happened because I was being a show-off and not taking them seriously. Which is my fault, and I need to do something about it. So I'm going to train and get tougher."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2017, 10:20:06 pm »

"Sure there is. Just like there's a chance I could be struck by lightning right now and die."

Galen pauses. He is not struck by lightning, and he does not die.

"...Ohhh, I see now. Yes, maybe that was a little bit silly, but it was my fault in the first place. I did drop my tome."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2017, 10:27:31 pm »

"Ninety-seven. I get it, you're trying to make me feel better. Thank you. It doesn't change the fact I let the squad down. Just let me sweat it off, OK?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2017, 10:34:10 pm »

"...Okay, Henry. Just don't overwork yourself. Please?"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 10:36:27 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2017, 10:35:58 pm »

"...All right, I'll try not to. One hundred five."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2017, 10:37:18 pm »

"Thank you. I'll see you later, Henry."

Galen waves goodbye and returns to the rest of the squad.
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2017, 10:46:50 pm »

". . ."

Bleddyn himself was looking rather put-out by the loss, though he'd tried to contribute what he could. He felt embarrassed by his lack of contribution - particularly in front of the Captain. He hadn't done much more than land a couple stray hits and then went down like a sack of potatoes.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2017, 11:02:36 pm »

"Well, we're going to head back in, I think. Just come talk to us when you want those pointers. Bye, everyone."

Squad Brenhart gives their farewells and file back inside, passing Captain Einion on the way. He looks... neutral.

"I suppose that could have gone better, but considering you were outnumbered it was a fine job."
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2017, 11:10:30 pm »

Colin sighs, watching Henry's retreating back. He turns to Ruth again.

"Don't let Henry beat herself up over it, all right?"

"And tell her I'm sorry. I don't even know where that came from."
: "Haha, I'll try."

: "Though if I don't miss my guess, I reckon she's just like that. Don't pay no mind, she'll bounce back."

". . ."

Bleddyn himself was looking rather put-out by the loss, though he'd tried to contribute what he could. He felt embarrassed by his lack of contribution - particularly in front of the Captain. He hadn't done much more than land a couple stray hits and then went down like a sack of potatoes.
With that, she gave a few pats to Bleddyn's massively armored yet squishy shoulder.

: "Why so glum, sugar? Ya took hits a lot better than I did. One shot, haw! Some muscles on that girl."

"I suppose that could have gone better, but considering you were outnumbered it was a fine job."
: "Yessir, reckon we're still gettin our legs under us. No doubt we'll do better next time."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2017, 11:29:15 pm »

"I was hoping I could make a better showing here. I've been trying to train and get better."
He shook his head.
"Can't just sit and mope though, I guess. Once I get rested up I'll be right back at it."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2017, 11:46:16 pm »

"That's just what I wanted to hear. And a good thing, too. You all have a new assignment coming in."

"I don't want anyone to worry,"
- here he gives Henry a short glance - "because it's very simple. You're all familiar with Fort Ashton, correct? About two days, one and a half if you're speedy, to the south? They've just fended off a bandit attack the other night and captured some mint-condition arms. Plenty of spares, and they agreed to send some over for us."

"Your job is to go to Fort Ashton, acquire the arms they're giving us, and report back. I figured it would be a nice change of pace after all this training you've been doing. Sound good to you, squad?"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 11:53:18 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2017, 11:50:08 pm »

Henrietta had finished her push-ups and was about to start on sprints when she heard Captain Einion call them all over. She shelved the athletics for later and came over, catching her breath as she did.

"Understood, sir. I'm ready to go."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2017, 05:27:16 am »

Ennis rubs the back of her head.
"Sure thing, boss. Can't be much harder 'an this, right? Then again, that's what they all say."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2017, 03:07:01 pm »

"Yes, sir!"
"We need to look out for more bandits, though. If there was time for a messenger to get here, there's time for more bandits to show up."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35