Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Farspire, City of Heroes - Souls Available!  (Read 1766 times)

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Farspire, City of Heroes - Souls Available!
« on: September 02, 2017, 03:25:38 pm »

Farspire, City of Heroes
   Farspire, Town of Heroes, was noted for the fact that it constantly churned out individuals of the highest calibre. The most skilled craftsmen, politicians, and warriors all found their start in the city. The origin of this phenomenon is much debated, but there is no debate that this began in the Spring of the year 1439 of the rein of The Fey King. In that spring, Farspire was little more than a hamlet of a couple of humans and dwarves nestled in a mountain pass when it was assaulted by a raiding party of goblins and orcs…

You awake to the sound of screaming just outside the weak walls of your home. You can smell them long before you see them, goblins have come inside the walls of Farspire in the middle of the night, and it’s clear their intentions are violent.

Spoiler: Concept (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:57:34 pm by UristMcChladni »

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Farspire, City of Heroes
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 03:26:02 pm »

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Available Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Graveyard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 07:25:35 pm by UristMcChladni »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Farspire, City of Heroes - Souls Available!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 03:31:23 pm »

Claiming soul 6
Name: Roboson
Race: Human
Description: Medium height, brown hair, strong jawline, green eyes.
Class: Gifted

HP: 5
MP: 3
Attack: (1)
Defense: 0
Skills: (2 random magic skills)

Resource die: (An abstraction of wealth. When you try to purchase something, you will roll one or more of these die against some obstacle for the purchase. After rolling them, these die are lost, so you must be careful how you allocate them.)
Inventory/Equipment: Clothing and other starting items
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:59:46 pm by Roboson »

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 06:39:15 pm »

Class: Gifted
You have a working knowledge of Demonology, knowing both how to Summon an Imp (2 MP), and how to Detect Extraplanar Entities (1 MP). When you summon an Imp it is not a mindless being for you to command, you must strike a bargain. If breaks its end of the bargain, its will is forfeit for 100 days. If you break your end of the bargain it may walk the world free for 100 days, pursuing its own ends. While bound by a bargain, it single-mindedly pursues it's completion.

What do you do?

((I'm hoping there will be interest in this, but there's no need to wait for others before taking your turn.))

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 06:51:02 pm »

Consider me interested. It seems like a neat concept.

I'll claim soul 2.

Name: Beor
Race: Human
Description: (I forgot my appearance. How sad.) A big, burly, bearded guy, dark haired with gray peppered throughout his hair and beard. His lined face make him look like he's perpetually glaring, but he has a sense of humor. Sometimes. When he's not busy.

He's always busy.
Class: Brute

HP: 3
MP: 0
Attack: 3
Defense: 1
Wounds:

Skills:

Resource die: ?
Inventory/Equipment: Clothing.

Too bad I can't go with both Brute and some form of skill, however I'll just play an inexperienced but large and strong smith-type character.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:59:23 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 06:55:32 pm »

Inventory/Equipment: Clothing, some smithing-based items, like a ten-pound forging sledge. (Is this allowed?)

Too bad I can't go with both Brute and some form of skill, however I'll just play an inexperienced but large and strong smith-type character.
((You can't start with anything like that automatically, but you could, as an action, look around for those things. I wanted to start the Brute off without skills so that skill gain down the combat side of things won't be too sudden. That way Swordsman and the like will be their own classes.))

You wake to the sounds of screams and the smell of goblins, what do you do?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 07:00:00 pm »

Alright, fixed the sheet.

I managed to forget to add in appearance at first. That was silly.

Anyway, run out back to the forge and grab the largest implement of destruction available.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 07:03:17 pm »

Roboson summons an Imp for 2 MP and offers it a bargain. Hellish Imp, I have summoned you for the purpose of slaying my enemies. If you assist me, their souls are yours. I will also pay you a reasonable amount in gold upon the completion of your services. Do we have a deal?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 07:06:44 pm »

Claiming Soul 5
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Might add a picture later some time. Or get it commissioned maybe.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 07:22:01 pm »

Anyway, run out back to the forge and grab the largest implement of destruction available.
[5] You find a large smithing sledge, and it feels comfortable in your grip. +(1) Attack
As you heft your prize you see a Goblin Raider turn towards you.

Roboson summons an Imp for 2 MP and offers it a bargain. Hellish Imp, I have summoned you for the purpose of slaying my enemies. If you assist me, their souls are yours. I will also pay you a reasonable amount in gold upon the completion of your services. Do we have a deal?
[1 Success][-2 MP] As you complete your incantation a small leathery beast rises from the ground in front of you. It has large claws, and as you offer your deal it gives a wide toothy grin. It launches itself out of the window of your hut into the streets, leaving you once again alone, and feeling a little drained.

Claiming Soul 5
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Might add a picture later some time. Or get it commissioned maybe.
You have the gift of Planeswalking, the ability to travel through other planes. You can Shadowstep [1 MP], allowing you to step into one shadowy space and out of another, within your sight, and you've recently learned how to Dreamwalk [2 MP] as well, allowing you to project your consciousness while sleeping, and interact with others that are currently asleep. (Note, you will recover MP while sleeping, so Dreamwalk merely means you must have 2 MP at the time you decide to sleep)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 07:30:15 pm »

Zara had been sleeping. Tired and worn out from her day yesterday when she had as kids would say boogied the whole night away. Nevermind that the party had been a small gathering of friends slightly in the woods and they ran around like little children teasing eachother and reading really bad literature and playing kinda cheesy games. I-It was fun alright.

Either way Zara's silver like eyes opened as they heard the sounds of conflict outside nervously grabbing the blanket and looking around trying to cover themself. They dident she is pretty sure she brought no one to her house right? Then again...their...was some wine involved.

Look for clothes and my spellbook as well as anything that might be useful like a melee weapon! Also check that no one had been accompanying me in my bed.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 07:33:19 pm »

Pretend to cower away, and then surprise him with a good old-fashioned hammer blow to the skull.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 07:44:54 pm »

Look around for a long object to use as a whacking stick staff. As well as any armor. If anything shiny catches my eye, grab it too. Then go and join the brawl.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 07:59:02 pm »

Zara had been sleeping. Tired and worn out from her day yesterday when she had as kids would say boogied the whole night away. Nevermind that the party had been a small gathering of friends slightly in the woods and they ran around like little children teasing eachother and reading really bad literature and playing kinda cheesy games. I-It was fun alright.

Either way Zara's silver like eyes opened as they heard the sounds of conflict outside nervously grabbing the blanket and looking around trying to cover themself. They dident she is pretty sure she brought no one to her house right? Then again...their...was some wine involved.

Look for clothes and my spellbook as well as anything that might be useful like a melee weapon! Also check that no one had been accompanying me in my bed.
[6] Zara sees, whether to disappointment or relief, an empty bed, putting on her clothes and grabbing her spellbook, she picks up a flanged mace (+[1] Attack) that looks entirely out of place against her lithe frame.

Pretend to cower away, and then surprise him with a good old-fashioned hammer blow to the skull.
[1 Success vs 0][1 Wound] The gambit costs him some of his momentum, and he only manages to get a scathing blow across the unprepared goblin's cheek, but it was surprised by the ferocity nonetheless.
[1 Success vs 1] The goblin brings down a sword that amounts to little more than a crude blade lashed to a stick, but Beor is able to bat it away easily.

Goblin Raider
HP: 1/2
Attack: (2)
Defense: (1)

Look around for a long object to use as a whacking stick staff. As well as any armor. If anything shiny catches my eye, grab it too. Then go and join the brawl.
[3] You find a walking stick, but that's about it. Taking your shoddy weapon, you go out to see the imp you summoned engaged with a goblin.

Goblin Raider
HP: 1/2
Attack: (2)

Imp
HP: 4/5
Attack: (3)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 08:07:07 pm »

Roboson whacks that gobo with his whacking walking stick!
Pages: [1] 2