Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: X4 Foundations - Revenge of the EGO: Vendetta of the Split  (Read 44535 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: X4 Foundations - Revenge of the EGO: Vendetta of the Split
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2021, 02:25:47 pm »

Yo that looks good.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2021, 02:52:55 pm »

i tortured myself a bit with the new version during the last days.

the game is such a mess its even more broken now then before. they changed something about the mining to make more populated systems less attractive, but its just not working.
like, i have a factory with a few hull part fabs. it nees ice an ore. the station is in eight billion. the station always sends all the miners to the same exact spot where they then fight over the rock. so it does not matter at all if you use 1 or 100 miners, the production is abut the same. it also means you always only can have station miners mine one ressource at a time.
to make this behaviour entirely retarded and push it to the point where it just seems unconcieveable this has ever passed a play test, the station sends all the miners from its rather quiet home sector with plenty of ressources over 6 gates to holy vision, one of the most buisy systems with scarce ressources.

needless to say that no other quirks of the game have been  improved. the performance is still a total mess, the empires are still lobotomized and let their stations be killed by tiny forces because they never defend, the trading ai is at least as bad as it always has been and the station building still is one of the most frustrating experiences i ever had in any game.

i really would love to love this game. but its SO fuckin bad. i also by now have no faith in the devs anymore at all. they seem to hope that modders or hardware improvement "fix" their game while they just try sell a hand full of assets and a small story arc at full pice expansion once in a while without even trying to make it enjoyable game in the first place.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 03:00:16 pm by motorbitch »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2021, 05:40:15 pm »

If they cleaned up their AI the whole thing would either run the same or better. Less likely to trip over itself and run unnecessary calculations. It's sad to watch this happen again.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2021, 05:52:41 pm »

That was the thing in X3, all the cool framework was there but the AI was just not up to task to manage multiple ships and roles and such.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2021, 06:15:55 pm »

clear up, optimization, maybe even ui or quality of life improvements? yeah dream on. cant sell that as full price expansion.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 22, 2021, 07:27:49 pm »

Gotta agree that's not their way :(

Honestly I'd probably still buy it if the modding is up to snuff to fix those issues. The end quality after that point in a major X release is worth it. Probably the only series I feel that way about.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 22, 2021, 07:34:50 pm »

well, lets hope you are right, but i am rather sceptical at this point.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 26, 2021, 09:28:11 pm »

X4 Star Wars Interworlds was updated today, adds content/features to the mod (like more music and more sectors) and also supports latest DLC now

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/349?tab=description

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2021, 05:05:47 pm »

That was the thing in X3, all the cool framework was there but the AI was just not up to task to manage multiple ships and roles and such.

If you didn't have the "Bounce" mod a fleet of 300 ships would predictably be butchered by unarmored vessels just because they crashed into every fucking thing they possibly could.

"A cool framework that the AI can't handle" is fitting.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2021, 08:02:53 am »

Rule something something of the internet: if it's a space game there's a Star Wars mod for it. (I have never seen this rule in 'official' lists, yet it's true.)
Star Wars mods really bore me. There's a wide variety of Star Wars games already. I am perfectly fine with X's lore and ship designs.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2021, 09:04:52 am »

I'll add it to this thread even though it isn't X4, but X3 is getting a new update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Z9YDCXbdM

There's some new story, but also a bunch of new features and ships.

It will be free if you already own X3:AP.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2021, 12:18:54 pm »

That's cool as fuck.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2021, 04:52:54 pm »

on steam or do i have to go over their website? ego soft banned all my cd keys when i mentioned in ingame chat that i tested x3:tc with a cracked version before had bought it.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2021, 05:14:06 pm »

It was announced on Steam.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2021, 07:28:50 pm »

If it's tracking by Albion Prelude, my first assumption is that it will be on Steam as well since that was true for AP. I remember the drama, the sorrow, the no-Steam patches.

I'm looking forward to this, but I'll have to be sure to back up my modded installs somewhere safe.  Litcube's still updating Mayhem, but I don't think I can count on the same most of the other mods I play like LxXRM.  Fortunately, the aforementioned official no-Steam executables make it easy to do so.

EDIT:
Note: X3: Farnham's Legacy is not compatible with savegames from X3: Terran Conflict or X3: Albion Prelude.
From the Steam website.  That makes it sound a bit like it'll be a separate expansion pack in the vein of Albion Prelude itself.  I may not need to exercise undue caution, then.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 07:35:27 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16