Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 9: Death of the Divine (always more players welcome)  (Read 14650 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 7: Warpath
« Reply #225 on: October 04, 2017, 06:12:00 pm »

Varalin....lashed back almost immediately. Shutting herself off from it as soon as she could. Varalin was crying that was obvious their mind wracked with emotion. They knew Agony. That feeling. But feeling it so strongly. The pain and suffering of an entire glimpse smothered as it was.

It was worse for Varalin to feel it. Amplified and increased. Their eye's wild their body shaking. Kol had done something he perhaps shouldn't have. Her form twitching erratically her hand twitching erratically a breath coming through. Trying to hold back trying not to go mad on everything around them in the anguish they already felt the regret they already felt and the feelings that Kol shared amplified for them. It was hell.

Varalin looked, to be honest on the verge of madness. They didn't move they were silent. Before Varalin dropped. Their form disintegrated and Varalin was back in her original body quivering and shaking above the isles.

Before she created another copy and sent it down to the first world.

Varalin Sends down a copy of herself to her children on the first world. Suppressed so as to not hurt the mortals or cause insanity with her presence. Varalin will look for comfort and relief from her children. Friendship. Love. Kindness frolicking to just let all their responsibility and stress be gone for a short time...to try to clear their mind.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 04, 2017, 06:18:52 pm »

*Sees Varalin*
*Oh shit*
Varalin, what happened? What's the problem? I want to help you!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 04, 2017, 06:54:09 pm »

"Kol. By now, we have all seen the collateral damage our actions can cause. If you would choose to surrender yourself and willingly enter the prison we have created, your people would not suffer the collateral damage that might otherwise happen. Please don't make this difficult. For the sake of your people."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 04, 2017, 06:55:31 pm »

Varalin did not really.....respond. She was kinda just there. Quiet. Kneeling now not looking at him. Silence utterly it didn't even seem like Varalin was breathing, to be honest. The gleam in her eyes the tint of.....agony? Desperation. Despair Madness? Eventually....a small...sound left. Nonsense clearly some kinda speak under her breath.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 04, 2017, 08:54:21 pm »

The Tavros and Chichisy had begun their long journey to see which of these two mortal races will bathe in the blood of the other. Or if the two of them will overcome their hatred. It seems like it would be quite a while until that would occur, and Lu was finally glad to find strong races which would partake in the arts of war and violence. Their strength and prowess was of great interest. These were not the weak acterians which floundered in the dark, but powerful mortals whos souls burned with fire. Lu would push them, perhaps to war, to see the fires burn brighter. Among those fires the true character of mortals will be revealed and great warriors will be forged. Lu would find just how far mortals will go for power...

Lu had given them weapons, those weapons, had found leaders, and those leaders led them to war. The Tavros discovered their hubris, and they grew strong for knowing that they are not the supreme race they once thought themselves to be. The Chichisy discovered painlessness, and stopped hurting themselves and eachother. They too grew strong as a result. Lu would find if they can grow stronger yet.

Lu raised two alters from the ground, composed of the same metal as the swords. Each alter has a statue of Lu standing over it looking down at the alter section. The alter is a metal cube with a raised metal bowl. The side of the cube depicts members of the alter's race (chichsy get chichsy hieroglyphics, tavros get tavros hieroglypchics) sacrificing members of the other race upon the cube, followed by images of the statue's eyes glowing and sending rays at the chosen race, and finally the chosen race depicted as getting bigger and more muscular. The word "Lu" is written over and over again in various mortal languages wherever there isn't hieroglyphics. Some of these are readable to all being regardless of language.  To really drive the instructions home, Lu includes a bloody skull of the opposing race in the raised bowl of each statue.

The first member of each race to touch the opposing starting skull will retrieve Lu's War Blessing. The mortal which touches the first skull, or places an opposing skull in the bowl in reverence to Lu will activate the statue. The skull will erupt into flame and Lu's statue eyes will light up, basking the mortal in sunlight. The mortal will visibly grow in size and musculature. Occasionally, especially after multiple uses by a single individual, the blessings will begin to mutate the individual growing natural weapons like claws, tusks, horns, fangs and other natural adaptions that make them better predators. Rarely the mutation will increase intelligence or provide some sort of magical ability, or even magical resistance, though this is much rarer happening very infrequently. No matter the mutation, this light heals injuries and gives a feeling of gentle pleasant warmth, ending in a euphoric rush of feeling powerful.

Lu raises metal statues in each village, as described above. Place them in the most central open location at high noon.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 05, 2017, 03:00:50 am »

As Gai-Gens plea reaches him, laughter answers her.

For the sake of MY people? And who are you now Godling? You come here from the very reaches of the Universe and reality itself, freshly whelped from beyond, invade my home and threaten to butcher my people if they and me do not make ourselves slave to you, and yet you speak as if i was the aggressor, as if i was the one who brought aeons of misery upon a single people as if i was the one demanding love and worship for horror and anguish visited upon.

No i will not surrender myself. Nor will my people. The decision has long since been reached, we will not be living under the yoke of the Gods anymore, we live free or we die as such.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:12:43 pm by Ghazkull »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 05, 2017, 02:05:09 pm »

Disappointed would be much too strong a word but still Ralkieis felt some tiny twinge of frustration at how his attempt at children had turned out. But it was quickly forgotten as he moved on to other things. As more creatures came into existence, the speed at which information was entering into his book was increasing rapidly and it was becoming harder and harder to keep up. He was finding more and more of his time was taken up by checking through the book. There were two issues he needed to deal with. He needed worship and he needed to delegate the checking of the book to something else.

For the first issue he created the Lioaesda, the drinkers of darkness. These strange creatures dwell in space apart from the worlds created by the gods and they feed off of the darkness slowly growing larger as they grow older. Ancient Lioaesda become massive, over the course of thousands years growing larger than planets. Their shape is always shifting and changing and they reproduce by mitosis. Lioaesda do not die of old age. They are born with innate knowledge of Ralkieis, that their purpose is to worship Ralkieis and why Ralkieis needs their worship.
Act:Create the Lioaesda, the drinkers of darkness

For the second he created the Zildilyr, the seekers of truth. They are similar to Zlyusilusl the messenger but smaller and more numerous. They study the book, the events of creation and relay the important truths to Ralkieis.
Act:Create the Zildilyr, the seekers of truth.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:14:31 pm by Jerick »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 05, 2017, 02:35:17 pm »

In the impossibly dark Darkness, the Lioaesda came into being. And immediately the crushing weight of complete sensory deprivation descended upon them.

Moments later, the pressure lessened, as something reluctantly granted them permission to be there, letting their senses penetrate a meagre distance through the Dark. But with it came the implicit threat- the Darkness could swallow them at any time, and they would do well to remember that.

As mistress of the Darkness, Phalanalin slightly lessens its effects on the Lioaesda.
She also conveys the threat of undoing her work, so that the Lioaesda will know to be thankful. Or else.

((Not intended to be a full Act. If this would require a full Act, ignore.))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:47:37 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 05, 2017, 06:40:27 pm »

I head to the plains, there I Create the Raligisst.
Raligisst are mildly Humanoid beings with the four arms, and the lower body of a snake, although they are born greyish white, their bodily coloration changed based on who or what they worship. each Raligisst is born with basic knowledge of one of the gods, and some practical knowledge relating to that gods spheres. As a Raligisst ages, they develop natural "Tatoos" which relate to their actions, a good hunter may develop images of beasts, a warrior might gain weapons or skulls, a mage or shaman will develop strange tatoos compared to others of the race, though they will still bear meaning.
Mentally, they will bear some similarities to the god they are born connected, to and although they might not agree on all things much like the gods above they will work as best they can together when there is a threat to them.

Spoiler: "What they look like." (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 05, 2017, 06:48:13 pm »

As Gai-Gens plea reaches his heard, laughter answers her.

For the sake of MY people? And who are you now Godling? You come here from the very reaches of the Universe and reality itself, freshly whelped from beyond, invade my home and threaten to butcher my people if they and me do not make ourselves slave to you, and yet you speak as if i was the aggressor, as if i was the one who brought aeons of misery upon a single people as if i was the one demanding love and worship for horror and anguish visited upon.

No i will not surrender myself. Nor will my people. The decision has long since been reached, we will not be living under the yoke of the Gods anymore, we live free or we die as such.

"A shame. A shame it ended this way. If we, the gods, had not been so inconsiderate of the frailty of mortals, perhaps things would not have needed end this way. But instead we fought over your people, and by the time I arrived and began to plan for improvements, it was too late. I'm sorry."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 06, 2017, 07:04:06 am »

While the Tutelospera felt intrigue at what was to occur on the Isle, it decided once more to focus on its chosen Tavros.

1 Act: Enter the dreams of each of the Blindseers and remaining Kovrash, telling them that their creator has gifted them life and will gift them yet more...but they must pay their dues. Request worship in my name and shrines erected to me. Tell them that those cities/villages that do so shall be blessed yet more. In any settlement that does build a shrine and actually worship me properly, their shrines will begin consuming the surrounding magic, turning it into a condensed magical liquid. While heavily magical, the magic can only be used by directly drinking it. Even then, the liquid only works when the drinker is 'Worthy'. That is, they have the intelligence to make use of the magic usefully, the wisdom to be careful, the strength to bear great burdens, and the modesty that they do not let power corrupt them fully. Should a Worthy individual drink the liquid, they physically become stronger, intelligent, and less power-hungry. They also tend to be more 'pious'.

Otherwise, the liquid just acts as an excellent hallucinogen that is impossible to be addicted to, but also slowly dampens a person's ability to use magic. May also be used to balm wounds.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 8: You'll be Back...
« Reply #236 on: October 06, 2017, 04:04:20 pm »

Turn 8

-The War of Wrath-

As the Phopu prepared for the inevitable, one of them, the last who had ever spoken to Oldroot, suddenly vanished. Marrowquick had been instrumental in organizing the Phopu in their massive quest, while Oldroot and the other leaders were perishing. It fell upon the Grand Secretary to ensure the survival of his people. And yet there was one last order he had been given by the Greatest of the Holy Ones, it was a quest unlike any other, one that promised only horror, hardship and despair, but Marrowquick took it up with the same sense of duty like so many others. He would be the willing sacrificial lamb to ensure the continuation of his kin. And sure enough the moment he left Great Copse, the moment he was beyond the sight of his kin, he felt himself change, touched even, by something greater. And now he knew his purpose, a purpose he regretted. For Oldroot had told him of his eventual fate and that of his opponent, the Lifeslayer. He would become his opposite, the tool to bring him to chains. He would also bring misery upon the Isles of Passion, for to fight the Lifeslayer at full power meant the sundering of worlds.

The Gods who had summoned him had awaited at the Caves: Phalanalin, known to most of his kin as the Twister, he instinctively knew her as the leader. Acter, father of his opponent. Cerediron and Gai-Gen, Gods of Making and Crafting, and now Wardens of the Prison made for the Lifeslayer. He walked upon them and past them, for his duty lay not with them, it lay with what awaited within the caves.

Marrowquick vanished into the caves, and never reappeared. No struggle told of his passing, no shuddering, no buckling, nothing. Only silence followed by nothing more. The Deathslayer was gone.

- The Darkest of Voids -

In the darkest parts of the universe, where not even the gods seemed to tread, the darkness held supremacy. All powerful, all encompassing...and all alone.

And thus Ralkiesis spawned the Lioaesda. Beings in his own image, they dwelt in the darkness, living off of it, feasting upon it. And the darkness occassionally took some of them as companions. Thus was the existence of the Lioaesda, feasting upon the darkness, the darkness taking some of them and every once in a while they prayed. For the Lioaesda knew their purpose. They knew to worship their creator and they knew to worship the one who created the darkness. Time was meaningless to them as was everything else.

On the first, another species made by Ralkiesis did their divine duty. the Zildilyr. Small in number, they were the keepers of the Book of Truth...and thus their existence centered around the intepretation, recording and reading of the truths offered by the book and to deliver them to Ralkiesis when ever he demanded to hear them. They lived not far away from the insular Children of Varalin but both existed purely and in isolation in their fertile valleys, living out their existences beyond the meticulous concerns of other people.

- The Plains States -

It was almost instantly that the Blindseers began whipping their people into a frenzy over these new dreams. Everyone wanted to be the first to erect a shrine to reap the benefits of worshipping the Divine Sphere.

Some used their own populace, some the warlitters. And some came upon the Raligisst. It was a surprise to find another sentient being on the plains. It was even more of a surprise to the Raligisst who found barely had begun their existence that they found themselves enslaved.
Dragged into the great Stone Cities of the Tavros they were used to build the temples to the Tutelspera. Everyone knew that even a small shrine would have been enough. No one cared. It had become a matter of prestige and power to possess the largest temple to the Divine Sphere. And those that were willing to be most ruthless about building them had the largest. The Raligisst were used up in the construction. To young as a people to develop a proper society, their culture was crushed before it could grow. Bred as slaves, born as slaves and used as slaves they quickly were broken and integrated into the Societies of those five city states which first encountered them.

They had grown large and powerful. Their temples were the largest to the great Divine Sphere. Their Blindseers the most feared in all of the Plainslands. Old Yush, first of the city states and greatest of the cities. Fair Ilas, with its endless waterfalls fuelled by Raligisst slave-mages. Warlike Kosh, known for the fiercest of warlitters and first to use copper. And the twin cities of Oz and Iz eternally warring, eternally allied against all comers, sitting on the mouth of the greatest River of the Plainslands the Grand Oziz. These five loomed largest amongst the Plainsfolk.

Amongst them a complex caste-system had arisen. Foremost the vaunted Priestly Class of the Blindseers, followed by the Mage-Nobility and the Litter-Nobility. The first were those granted the divine waters from the temples and got the lions share of the conquered Sacrament Sites. The latter were the owners of the Raligisst and Warlitter breeding pits. Then came the lesser merchants, lesser mages (those which were usually not involved in warlike pursuits), the free-litters, an exceedingly rare group of Tavros Warlitterkin who had been born free and somehow established small dynasties of their own, followed by the commoners and finally the Raligisst Slaves. Even they were trained in magic, but kept carefully ignorant of the warring ways of it, but only taught of those arts which could be used in servile ways. It was a complex caste-system which was as fragile as it was successful.

For as complex as the lives of the Plainsfolks had become, as complex was their divine Cosmos...at least compared to all other species. First was the Divine Sphere, ever-shifting and changing as it reached new confingurations it would also change its purpose. Sphere of War, Sphere of Power, Sphere of Magic, Sphere of Creation...and so on.

Then there was the Lender of Rites, Karthos, a strange figure, halfborn son of the Divine Sphere, he was deemed outcast by it, but still divine. As such he was worshipped almost exclusively amongst the warlitters and their breeders.

Finally more recently a different cult had arisen: the Cult of the Black Father. For in the throes of the primordial chaos the Sphere of Creation married the Black Father and together they birthed the Universe. It is rumored that a recent eclipse hinted at a return of the Black Father and with him of either the primordial chaos or a new age.

-Heart of the Jungles-

With the rising of the altars of Lu, the raiding grew in intensity. The Chichisy, now fully united, began squashing the disunited Tavros rapidly. The Junglefolk, on the backfoot had been reduced to three tribes when the fruits of Phalanalin finally showed their true worth. Armed with Magic the struggle evened out as the Chichisy were reluctant to sacrifice Tavros, as they required them for their daily tortures and thus were unable to counter the Junglefolk mages. Still, in the dense foliage a single hunter with a spear was as much worth as any one mage if he could but stay hidden.

The Chichisy grew in numbers and in their cruelty did not forget to forcibly breed the Tavros. In a way torture could be inflicted even in birth and procreation if one was creative and sadistic enough. Their society however stayed simplistic, worship was done in the same place as the evening entertainment: torture domes in which hundreds could watch as Tavros harred excruciating existences. There ritualistic tortures praised the Depraved Lord of Pain, the Dark God of Blood Lu and the Mother of Slaves, the trifecta of Chichisy faith. It was a dark mythology as monstrous as its faithful.

Ironically on the other side of the First none of that was happening. Varalin was living out a happy existence amongst her children, who accepted the stranger without reservations. Centuries spent in quiet happiness, many a friend and the occasional lover. The resulting children, were different from the rest. Far more somber and stern than their kin, they seemed endlessly melancholic, not sad but were their kind frolicked through nature, they sang heartbreaking songs, danced alone under the stars or wandered the more remote part of their isolated valley.

Marrowquick becomes the Deathslayer
Marrowquick meets an unknown fate in the Acterian Caves
The Raligisst come into existence
they are enslaved by the Plainsfolk
the Plainsfolk develop locally copper
The Lioaesda and the Zildylir are created
Lu raises Sacrificial Altars in the Jungles
Varalin lives amongst her children and creates due to her emotional state a more morose kind of them.

Spoiler:  War of Wrath Gambit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Universe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Religions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 04:22:19 am by Ghazkull »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 8: You'll be back...
« Reply #237 on: October 06, 2017, 05:25:24 pm »

Varalin had been oblivious to the rest of the world's going on's. Cuddling with one of their children ((Literally this time.)) Stroking their morose head and whispering loving remarks. How they were so special and how she loved them. How they were great and wonderful and their singing voice was beautiful.

They were wonderful. Life here was wonderful. To Varalin...it felt like these people these creations fit in with her that she had made something that could understand her more than any other creature with their emotional intensity.

She almost....fit in.

She....adored them and she wanted them to be stronger. Beloved. Happy. Very happy. It was such that she came up with a plan to help them be kickstarted along with happiness.
[/i]

Minor act:
Varalin stays with her morose children taking care of and nurturing them lovingly and motherly.

Then her next plan came into action.

Slowly over the next 20 years in mortal eyes. Soft wonderful springs full of clean hot water that cleansed one of filth and dirt and relaxed people began to form across the valley.

The Hotspring's of Improvement as Varalin dubbed them.

They not only cleaned well and were relaxing but they installed an overall boost to someone's  mental, Psychical and other capabilities for life which their offspring will inherit. The boost is a one-time thing for each individual and the offspring of those who have already used the spring can still get this boost by relaxing in one themselves.

The springs cannot harm anything and the boosts do not cause any changes to how someone's body looks.

The boost cannot harm the ones being boosted.

Varalin makes sure to take a soak herself to see if it improves her forms physical strength and her mental capabilities. It would be fascinating if she could make herself smarter through this.

The hot springs have her symbol emblazoned on the stone of it. With her name below it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 05:48:56 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 06, 2017, 05:38:55 pm »

"Well now. There are two possible meddlers here. I suppose it would be unfair to choose one over the other, so I believe it would be wisest to extract revenge on both."

The Lioaesda, just getting started in life, suddenly find their protection is no more. The cloying Darkness descends on them, crushing the life out of their fragile forms.

Act: Destroy the Lioaesda.

The Chichisy stalk through the jungle, black-hearted, thinking themselves lords of the night.

Whereupon the night rears up, in the form of a giant snake. Yras, the Knight of Shadows, has descended upon the surface of the First. And his task is clear: grant the Chichisy painless deaths.
Accompanying him are thousands of serpents, that slither up from the jungle floor and sink their fangs into the Chichisy. Their venom is insidiously designed to torment the untormentable Chichisy- in that it is a powerful anesthetic, that prevents the victim from feeling any pain, even as they slowly succumb.

Act: Create the Paineater Serpents, a species of snake whose venom is both deadly and sense-numbing. They obey the commands of Phalanalin and her servants.
Order: Yras to the First's jungles, to exterminate the Chichisy, with the help of the Paineaters.

"It's nothing personal. Oh, no, wait, it absolutely is."
Long Live United Forenia!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 06, 2017, 05:57:44 pm »

Responding to Phalanalin attack on his mortal creations Ralkieis moves to protect the Lioaesda "Reckless, reckless in the extreme. You seek retribution for a suspected act. You are ever ignorant and brash, there is no wisdom or deception in this only petty vindictiveness. Vindictiveness that is aimed at the wrong target. You fail at wisdom, you fail at deception and now you will fail at brute force. You have become an obstacle so I will remove you. If I do not you will continue to lash out pettily" Act: Oppose the destruction of Lioaesda(and start a gambit with Phalanalin)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17