Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 9: Death of the Divine (always more players welcome)  (Read 14658 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 6: You dun Goofed
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2017, 06:25:20 pm »

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:59:24 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 6: You dun Goofed
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2017, 06:48:30 pm »

{GM Iz Retcon'in next turn}
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:35:10 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 6b: Reality Reasserted
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2017, 07:09:40 am »

[posting for thread accessibility; edit is up, everyone]
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2017, 08:06:31 am »

A flicker of annoyance crossed Phalanalin's face. She leaned forwards in her throne.

"Well, it seems our agreement was not meant to be. Or rather, it was violated by an outside party. Or perhaps two, the second being the Dealer, whoever or whatever they may be. But the first, I think we can all recognise, was the being known as Kol."

"This is unacceptable. I intend to put him down- or at least, see him bound for all eternity. Does anyone object?"
Long Live United Forenia!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2017, 01:29:22 pm »

Acter was still reeling from the pain. He was leaning one of the Hall's desks, wrapping his head around the events that had just happened.
And then he realized: he had sent a Griffon into the underground prior to the agreement. He intended to recall it once the agreement was made, but it was still down there when Kol locked off the tunnels.

And he heard Phal's declaration, and he stood.
If anyone objects, then they're a fool.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2017, 06:18:16 pm »

Acter was still reeling from the pain. He was leaning one of the Hall's desks, wrapping his head around the events that had just happened.
And then he realized: he had sent a Griffon into the underground prior to the agreement. He intended to recall it once the agreement was made, but it was still down there when Kol locked off the tunnels.

And he heard Phal's declaration, and he stood.
If anyone objects, then they're a fool.
Varalin had gone limp. Twitching ever so lightly brain processing information...emotions too fast their voice came out numb dull..almost in shock with how much energy they had expended and the high of emotions they had experienced before hand the sudden dispair from Kol.....Caused a whiplash in her emotions that had left her reeling. She could barely think of what to do.
"...I.....Feel.......I dont know.....try.....not to hurt.....others I..Suppose?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2017, 06:24:19 pm »

Lu decided his attention was best spent elsewhere. Lu went down to the surface of the first and carved out three giant caverns beneath the surface. These three caverns are connected by one large circular tunnel and no other smaller tunnels exist in the system. Lu then filled the caverns with various cavelife and biolumanescent creatures and fungi.

Act: Create 3 Giant Caves within the First

Act: Fill those caves with mundane cave life.

After reconsidering, Lu decides to take no action.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:30:17 am by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2017, 08:30:19 pm »

Seeing my ChiChisy so ineffective in the arts of raid and starving themselves in ignorance, I seek to form weapons and food for them, food and Natural weapons any could harvest but that few would because of the pain involved.
[Act]I Create Bladewood trees upon the first world, Bladewood trees naturally grow hardened points upon their upper branches, sudden sword-like blades out of the center of them, and fields of razor sharp, arrow-like leave covered shoots near the ground. From the tops of the trees grow heart-like bulbs which if eaten cause intense burning sensations as well as slightly prophetic dreams.
Next, I thought on the screams that were present when I arrived, and connected it with the warship hungry old gods, and how most they lacked the capacity for subtilty, and crafted a body to easily walk among my people, a body unlikely to shatter their weak minds.
[Act]I create the Avatar of Torment, a mindless puppet formed of crystal, bound in armor of iron and carbon, armed with a blade of red crystal, and fed by the all encompassing light of this universe, upon the first world. it would make a fine shell to subjugate mine own people.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:32:35 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2017, 09:41:16 pm »

You can't violate what you never agreed to. Neither of these were party to our agreements. Kol must be sealed away. Separated from this power, if he can be. He was mortal, he should become mortal again. And then, I'm going to turn him into a very tastefully decorated tapestry depicting the errors of his ways.

Phanalanin, as you seal him away, cut Kol out from this... power... he has acquired. Give him to ME. He has destroyed, and destroyed again. I will ensure he never again destroys any creations, be them mine or another's.

Carve a prison out of the Mithril found within the Second World, and place it within the Luar.

The rest of you, add power to this prison. Make it secure, make it indestructible. Together, we can seal him away. If every god aids us, we shall never fear the return of this power.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2017, 11:04:49 pm »

Varalin eventually exits the hall gesturing for Acter to follow her. She wanted to be followed clearly. Her tone was somber....Apologetic as she turned around floating above the isle of passion above a fertile particularly peaceful looking area. 

"..Acter."

Her face tightens. Her eyes glimmering as her hands tighten as she breathes out slowly their tone...quivering.

"I...Have...I don't feel worthy. To.....I'm a terrible friend."

Emotions were swirling. Hatred self-loathing coming through her mind.....Regret. Regret that she was with acter for he deserved better than some fool who only made things worse for him. He deserved better than some naive idiot who just wanted something to take care of. Her voice choked up and her eyes watering up betraying her thoughts.

"..I"m a failure. It's my fault that...e-everything goes wrong and this was my fault as well, I...I just hurt you and make things worse for you."

She shakes quivering gasping almost as she feels it. Feels this flowing over her and it feels like its too much feels like that now with....less power she just....feels wrong. She feels wrong emotionally the power that was taken away while that thought settled quickly the vulnerability she felt. The. anger and rage at herself for fucking up not only herself but worst of all her friend. That was the worst part. She shouldn't be with him.......She should be alone...She didn't deserve anyone else. Their voice was resigned.....Quiet...and they begin to look down on the Isle not able to look acter in the eyes. Head down.

"...I....should...just go..Acter..just...Forget about me and I...I will just...go and....I don't know....Lay down in a valley alone.........I don't want to.....keep hurting you."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2017, 06:21:03 am »

Code: [Select]
STRATA_STATUS: Satisfactory
SPECIES_DEVELOPMENT: Satisfactory
Continuing RITE programme...
Administering RITEs...
Coordinating phases...

The others once again discussed the Acterians and their current 'favourite', Kol. Quite tiresome, especially when the upstart began screaming. The Tutelospera left Mirdanrond to continue its works down on the First.

From its inner core, it forged Karthos, the Lender of Rites. It was a changeling of an entity, capable of shifting amongst many forms, including sapient life. Indeed, Karthos was designed to be quite the socialite blending in with mortals of all types with ease. Karthos was not a mere shapeshifter however, but also a living conduit of the Tutelospera's divinity. It held the power to offer minor boons like mending wounds or improving eyesight. However, these always came at a price. If Karthos cleansed a wound, one would be expected to take up an equivalent curse as well. Perhaps a wound in a different area, or a disease down the line. Something of equal value. Nothing more, nothing less. Those who wished not to suffer a curse could also trade in part of their soul, but Karthos was instructed first o educate his supplicants in what a soul was, before allowing them to give it. Those who wanted to trade in the same boons that Karthos offered were also given a mark of a Red Moon. Those who were tattoo'd with the symbol became versed in Karthos' trade, but paid in their freedom. From then, their fates were up to Karthos and in extension, the Tutelospera. Of course, all applicants were told of this beforehand and that they would be allowed to continue living with their tribes or wherever they dwelt, but that simply owed service to Karthos when it visited or asked for it. All in all, it was no different than any other job, or at least jobs that would one day exist.

Even if these applicants became marked, they would never be able to call forth on the Greater Rites, those Rites that were the domain of the Tutelospera itself. Only by speaking with Karthos and requesting a Greater Rite could they ever hope of bargaining for them. As it stood currently, only the Rite of Filial Ardour was available...but more were sure to come.

As he finished with Karthos and told him to begin his work, the Tutelospera saw his creations led by the Kovash. While not displeased with this, it decided that a counterbalance was required. As such, it created the Blindseers. Or at least, the process required to make Blindseers.

1 Act: Create Karthos, Lender of Rites. Karthos is capable of granting minor boons to supplicants, as long as they pay in their soul essence or in curses. Karthos may also offer up Greater Rites that are personally made between the Tutelospera and the supplicant. Karthos is able to grant mortals the ability to grant boons/curses at the cost of their freedom. Karthos is instructed to travel amongst the mortal societies and get to know them, as well as plying his trade offering his 'franchising' services.
1 Act: Rite of Filial Ardour. A supplicant may impart great intelligence, strength, cunning,  a specific mutation or any other such adaptation/nature that is considered 'reasonable' by Karthos onto their unborn children. This applies only for their next litter and is distributed in full to the whole litter. In exchange, they will become infertile and will die an early death, with the same happening to their partner involved in creating said litter.
1 Act: Create the Blindseers. Mutant Tavros that are birthed randomly throughout the year, there is only 1 Blindseer for every 500 normal Tavros. Blindseers are blind and silverfurred Tavros able to see magic, constellations and essence. They are wise and intelligent in comparison to other mortals but are physically frail. They are naturally born with some comprehension of magic and technology.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2017, 06:59:34 am »

"Right then. Not sure how I feel about binding Kol in Luar, but I suppose binding him in Darkness didn't work out so well."

With that, Phalanalin left the hall, and returned to the orbit of the First. She saw no need to warn Kol of his impending demise- forewarned is forearmed, after all. But the universe demanded some sort of declaration of intent. She thought for a moment, before turning her gaze towards the caves and projecting her voice:

"BOW DOWN"

Not the most elegant solution, but as mentioned, her favoured opening move- a sneak attack- was not permitted. Also, she didn't really have any patience to spare for the uppity mortal.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2017, 09:47:36 am »

Don't forget to rip him out of the shell of this power he's acquired. He must not be left to control it.

Cerediron follows Phalanalin to the First World, and aids her against the Lifestealer, prepared to seal him in the newly-created prison.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2017, 11:10:45 am »

You can't violate what you never agreed to. Neither of these were party to our agreements. Kol must be sealed away. Separated from this power, if he can be. He was mortal, he should become mortal again. And then, I'm going to turn him into a very tastefully decorated tapestry depicting the errors of his ways.

Phanalanin, as you seal him away, cut Kol out from this... power... he has acquired. Give him to ME. He has destroyed, and destroyed again. I will ensure he never again destroys any creations, be them mine or another's.

Carve a prison out of the Mithril found within the Second World, and place it within the Luar.

The rest of you, add power to this prison. Make it secure, make it indestructible. Together, we can seal him away. If every god aids us, we shall never fear the return of this power.
"It's a shame, but it's necessary."

1 Act, conditional on creation of prison for Kol: Optimize the structure of the prison to make it far more durable.
~~~
"That said, removing Kol will throw his people into chaos. Must they suffer for the acts of their leader?"

1 Act, conditional on Kol being removed from the Acterian caves and the Acterians surviving: create the Fruit of Gai-gen. The Fruit grows within the Acterian caves, using the Tears as a substitute for water and sunlight. The fruit comes in four varieties, Blue, which numbs physical pain and heals physical wounds, Red, which heals mental disorders and numbs mental pain, Green, which fills the eater with determination and focus, and Black, which permanently enhances the eater's charisma and lifespan and gives them an urge to unify their people, with a preference to do so peacefully. Blue is the most common, followed by Red, Green, and finally Black.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2017, 03:34:49 pm »

Fear not. We shall wipe the Acterians clean after this is finished. Another millennium of suffering, and no more. We shall cooperate and turn the Acterians from the people they are to the people they were meant to be. It shall be as if none of this had ever happened.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17