Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 9: Death of the Divine (always more players welcome)  (Read 14636 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 5: Havenless
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2017, 02:48:36 pm »

"Varalin, provided your avatar was naught but a messenger, I believe it would be acceptable."

"As for the matter of the Kol Gambit, I believe that by ending the Worship Gambit, it would end automagically. Should this not be the case, I will, in the interest of peace, agree to consider the matter Lu's victory."

"Moon-stealer, as Acter says, agreements made in Mirdanrond are binding even to the gods. There is no need for further enforcement."
Long Live United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2017, 02:49:44 pm »

As you Acter also have a stake in the Kol gambit, and if Kol is released onto you, the fates may interpret this result as you being the ultimate winner of the gambit. If you agree to the abandonment of the gambit, under the condition that Kol is allowed to be guided to a less violent leadership, then that would be acceptable. It would create a great rift in our agreement if the fates saw you as the victor.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2017, 02:53:14 pm »

"Oh, and as for the retraction of the Light from the caves- the Acterians make their homes in the Darkness, by their own choice. To deny them this comfort is needless cruelty."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2017, 02:58:44 pm »

My goals were aligned with yours, Lu; I simply wanted Kol released, regardless of to who. I do not care if I am declared winner or otherwise; if fate does not yet understand my intentions, I declare it now: I forfeit my ability to "win" the Kol Gambit except in conjunction with Lu, as we both were of the goal to have Kol released from his imprisonment.

As for the "homes in the Darkness" - no, I believe this has been made clear. It is not Darkness unless you have explicitly put it under your own control, Phal. Elsewise, it is simply darkness, and it is there that the Acterians have sought refuge. That being said, I do not question your ownership of said darkness; I simply find it important to maintain the distinction.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2017, 03:05:21 pm »

It seems as though your Dark Temple and the Tower of Truth actually drove them into the darkness, not their own desires. They only fear the light because darkness has guided them into the caves. If they had simply descended into the caves with no divine influence, I would gladly remove the light, however this is not the case.

Then let me summarize the agreement:

The Gods Lu, Acter, Varalin, and Phalanalin all agree to withhold high profile creations from interfering with the Acterians. Except in the case that all agree to their use.

The gambit over the worship of the Acterians will come to an end and be declared a draw.

Kol will be released, Acter and Phalanalin will withdraw from the gambit. Lu will be marked the leader.

Acter and Varalin will be allowed to show Kol a kinder less violent path to leadership of the acterian people.

This still leaves two issues to further discussion. The issue of light and dark in the caves and also how we intend to secure the worship of the Acterians between the four of us without entering in another gambit.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2017, 03:13:09 pm »

Regarding the division of worship, I see an easy solution.
I will imbue a messenger Griffon with the ability to communicate with the Acterians, and it will tell them of the role of each god.
Phalanalin is the one that gives them the sheltering darkness, and brings them swiftness of the mind, but he also brings them lies, to make them exercise the wisdom he provides.
Lu gives the physical strength and speed, the strength to be victorious in combat, but also brings light, which only the strongest can bear to see.
Varalin gives them emotions and passion, gives them the ability to feel joy and sadness, and can take their pain away with her tears.
And I, Acter, am the one that made them, the one that drives them to improve themselves, but who is also responsible for their fallibility, as he is fallible himself.

Would this be acceptable to everyone? It clearly communicates everyone's positions, filtered to fit the Acterian culture.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2017, 03:16:13 pm »

"I approve of the items in the tentative agreement, Lu, though I consider my earlier point important: that we agree not to interfere with the worship of the others, except in cases where the worship of one of us becomes extinct.

Regarding the issue of light and dark, I would argue that many things happened to first drive the Acterians into the caves- but they did choose the caves as their refuge. Furthermore, I would say that your pet birds were responsible for driving them deeper into the darkness, when the safety of the shallows was violated. Regardless, no one forced them to embrace the Darkness. Yet now you seek to force them to embrace the Light.

Acter, whether you want to call their homes dark or Dark, the fact remains that the Light is an unwelcome intrusion. Are you not the god of improvement? Do you not welcome your creation's ability to change, and adapt? Why do you seek to deny them what they have sought for themselves?

Your suggestion of informing the Acterians of our roles is acceptable."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2017, 03:19:08 pm »

Regarding the division of worship, I see an easy solution.
I will imbue a messenger Griffon with the ability to communicate with the Acterians, and it will tell them of the role of each god.
Phalanalin is the one that gives them the sheltering darkness, and brings them swiftness of the mind, but he also brings them lies, to make them exercise the wisdom he provides.
Lu gives the physical strength and speed, the strength to be victorious in combat, but also brings light, which only the strongest can bear to see.
Varalin gives them emotions and passion, gives them the ability to feel joy and sadness, and can take their pain away with her tears.
And I, Acter, am the one that made them, the one that drives them to improve themselves, but who is also responsible for their fallibility, as he is fallible himself.

Would this be acceptable to everyone? It clearly communicates everyone's positions, filtered to fit the Acterian culture.

Varalins head lifted up and shook quickly their voice coming out rushed and trying to explain their feelings towards this matter.

"No! No. no. no. Acter. I think it should be explained honestly. Actually telling them the truth.
 Have the griffen explain what each god has done for them.  In brief detail and we can have a messenger each explain things in detail.
 Or we could make a building. A church of the gods one would suppose that explains the gods and what they have truly done for the acterian people? I just think...the way you put it...just now is dishonest. Since you are the one who created them how they are. Are you not? I created the land they live on. I took away their pain and enhanced their body for the life they live now. Just....I think your speech their contains lies more then truth? I suppose...Wait Phalin is a guy?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2017, 03:19:34 pm »

"Acter, whether you want to call their homes dark or Dark, the fact remains that the Light is an unwelcome intrusion. Are you not the god of improvement? Do you not welcome your creation's ability to change, and adapt? Why do you seek to deny them what they have sought for themselves?"
I am... unclear on what you are referring to here? I simply was pointing out that they have made their home in the darkness, not in the Darkness. I was not contesting any other point regarding the distribution of the Light and Dark.

Varalin, at the most, I believe that it was my description of Lu that bent the truth, in that the light is who he is, just as much as his strength. I believe that the rest is fairly accurate. I had forgotten about the Islands, though; yes, the fact that you made them would also be stated.
And I don't know what Phal's gender is. It doesn't matter much.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 03:22:39 pm by Glass »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2017, 03:23:53 pm »

Phalanalin inclines her head

"My apologies, I misunderstood. I thought you were voicing an objection to my suggestion that the Light be withdrawn from the caves."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2017, 03:40:21 pm »

I would enjoy the griffins give not only the summaries you have stated Acter, but also the summation of our actions. You are correct in that I am light and strength and pain, but Varalin is also correct in that I am the bringer of food and sustenance. My role is complicated.

Perhaps a compromise can be made Snakegod. I will draw my light into a section of the caves, and thou can spread your darkness to a separate area. We can split the caves evenly if you would like, however if it is the acterians eyes you worry for, I will allow you to place all of their areas in darkness, but in exchange, the vastness of the empty caverns will be given to light.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2017, 03:46:21 pm »

I would enjoy the griffins give not only the summaries you have stated Acter, but also the summation of our actions. You are correct in that I am light and strength and pain, but Varalin is also correct in that I am the bringer of food and sustenance. My role is complicated.

Perhaps a compromise can be made Snakegod. I will draw my light into a section of the caves, and thou can spread your darkness to a separate area. We can split the caves evenly if you would like, however, if it is the acterians eyes you worry for, I will allow you to place all of their areas in darkness, but in exchange, the vastness of the empty caverns will be given to light.

"I can accept this Lu but I ask the way the light is spread be different! I suggest you use the river of my tears to make light in the caves. Soft bioluminescent light that would not hurt the acterians as much and with such a beloved thing of the acterians now being lit. I imagine they would accept the light more. Making it easier for them to one day decide to brave the light of the surface! In other words. Make the rivers of my tears glow. It will make light in the night in both the overworld and the subterranean world. I am enjoying speaking such long words today...feels good."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2017, 03:54:12 pm »

I will have to consider this offer and get Phanalin's opinion on the matter. I intended to create vast glowing caverns filled with bioluminescent life, if the separation arrangement could be agreed upon.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2017, 04:14:23 pm »

"I do not see why I should compromise on this. It is natural that caves are dark. To speak of dividing them evenly- should we divide the surface evenly, that sunlight never touches half of it also?
Then again, I suppose a little light can do no harm. I can accept glowing Tears, and a smattering of bioluminescent beings."

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2017, 09:38:06 pm »

Tartin coughs and leans forward in his seat, causing it to groan slightly from his bulk.

" I do believe such an arrangement already exists, my dear Phanalin, in the phenomena known as 'night' in which half the planet is lit by the good sun and the other cloaked in shadow. A few caves lit by light merely makes it slightly more even. "

Tartin shifts back on his seat, a slight grin on his face.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17