Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 9: Death of the Divine (always more players welcome)  (Read 14662 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 4: Praise the Sun
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2017, 04:57:09 pm »

He didn't even give me a chance to speak first...

Hmn? Yes, Varalin, please do so. They need help, and they don't seem entirely willing to receive it from me.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 05:03:14 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2017, 05:06:40 pm »

Blinking Varalin looked at Acter with a small frown feeling...empathy. Sadness for their friend beliving him distraught. Floating over gently attempting to bring Acter into a small tight little hug with a small smile on their face trying to hold back just a bit. Easier then they thought it would be mainly becuase the source of their current passion was concentrated on the newlings though their tight hug..might indicate they are indeed feeling rather strongly despite that. Empathy and pity for their friend growing attempting to comfort them.
"Acter..You okay? I would help you if you needed me. I would love to help! You..need to think before you do things ometmes I think becuase sorry but your a fucking dumbass sometimes! But thats alright! Your my dumbass. But.y-yes yes..I am here.
 It is I feel very strongly towards you and Want to help you I kinda feel like yelling a bit..but...am..restraining myself just a bit.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2017, 05:12:20 pm »

Acter laughed, and hugged Varalin back.
I know I'm a dumbass. My creations think that I just make things and then move on to whatever else I'd want to do... as if I'd be willing to move on while they cower in the ground, driven mad by the interference of the others. I dropped them on a world that wasn't ready to hold life. I'm trying to fix it, but they can't see that yet. I'm just hoping they will.
Please, if you ever see that I'm about to do something dumb, tell me. I'm not too prideful to admit mistakes, and try to change. What kind of improvement god would I be if I refused to improve?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2017, 05:20:42 pm »

You know, you provide the mortals with Darkness in which to hide, and what thanks do you get? You get labeled as one of the musclebrain's subordinates. And then they turn around and indulge in hedonism and open warfare. The wise course of action would be moderation, and devious, sneaky warfare.

Take this Kol, for example. A typical example of a 'strong' personality. Well, that wouldn't do, would it? She could see he had potential- almost as much as he himself believed. He just needed a nudge in the right direction.

So it was that Kol's dreams were disturbed once again, this time by a slithering snake.

"Oh wise and powerful Kol. See through my eyes, and witness the world that others would withhold from you"

An image appeared within the dream, of a dark cave with a mote of light at the end. The perspective moved towards the light, which grew bigger and brighter. Eventually it reached the edge of the cave, where it stopped briefly before heading outside. The land was bathed in moonlight (the Third full in the sky), revealing a bountiful wilderness. Succulent fruits dangled from the trees, clear water babbled in the brooks, and a fresh breeze caressed the grass.

"This is what is hidden from you. See the beauty, see the treasures on offer. You know this to be true, for you are the wisest of your people."

"Of course, what of the evils of which the elders speak? Where are the gods rampaging across the earth? Let us investigate this so-called 'evil'"

The perspective moved again, weaving across the land. It travelled far, the surroundings becoming a blur, before it reached a great clearing. There stood two edifices; a great black obelisk that radiated Knowledge, and an... outdoor cave, shall we say- which shone in the moonlight like a glittering diamond.

"Here we have two of the things the elders fear. The pillar of truth, which they were too ignorant to comprehend, and the temple of wisdom, which they feared simply because it was unknown to them. You, Kol, could overcome their fears. Read only sparingly of the pillar, and its madness shall not affect you. Enter into the great temple, and the gift of wisdom shall be yours. But beware, Kol, for there are foes abroad that could challenge even you, should you be careless. I shall show you a glimpse of them, that you might understand"

Again the scene changes, leaving the temple behind, and weaving through the mountains. Suddenly, a horrible, blinding brightness filled the vision. A great beast, roaring defiance at the world, rampaged through the peaks, burning the land, leaving smoking ash in its wake. As quickly as it appeared, it was gone, mercifully obscured behind another mountain.

"Those are the sun-beasts, unthinking brutes that know only destruction.
These are the visions I came to grant you. Do with them as you will, Kol."
Long Live United Forenia!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2017, 05:28:49 pm »

Moving. Something moving inside her as her face almost melted into a warm smile a cascade of laughter bellowing from their throat.
 A wink coming from them as they felt heat dwell deep inside her an move about. Everything felt on fire. Everything felt warm like she was drunk almost a joyish sparkle to their eyes as they reveled in the feeling of companionship and...togetherness? Friendship? Love yes most likely love considering the rather rapid escalation of her emotions nothing romantic at least not yet of course. They hadn't had reason even slight to think of him like that. Either way. Varalin held the hug and gently patted Acter on the back before moving back a warmth an airiness to their tone. A mischviousness in their eyes and in their smile

"Nice to hear. I am happy to hear that honestly! Honestly. But yeah. I have got your damn back. You haven't screwed me yet and while I might have gotten like super duper pissed at you earlier I have managed to overcome that. It...I feel...strange. It feels strange I suppose. To be the one who...thinks ahead slightly? My emotions what Im feeling right now has given me some help I suppose it has been...very strong very...focused so far. But still. I am happy and I am merry. I have a goal and I suppose a friend?
 You...uh yes you're my friend?

Uncertainty doubt crossing their face for a moment rising from within them. Could he just be using her was he giving a facade? Was he a traitorous bastard who couldn't wait to stab her and gouge her eyes out? Breathing deep feeling that paranoia and dread grow conflicting against the friendship they had just started feeling. With just a thought of hesitation of doubt such negativity such mind-clouding thoughts plagued them.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2017, 05:37:30 pm »

Lu was fairly pleased with the Phopu. They had nice lives where need and want were of little concern. Happiness was prevalent and their migration patterns were infinitely interesting to Lu. Mortals, what strange strange creatures. Yet, they lacked something.

Lu created a holy place, one not only his divinity, but also a symbol of the Phopu and their mortality. The holy place was three giant trees intertwined together, forming a massive tree at the location most central to the Phopu migration. The first two trees wind around the third central tree. The first tree was red and thorny. Its truck was thick and black, with red thorns and leaves. It was strong and resolute, its thorns making it difficult and dangerous to climb. Its fruit gave those who ate it the strength to overcome their challenges. The second tree had blue leaves, its branches dropping, weighed down with fruit. This tree represented strength through wisdom, and while some fruit was easy to reach, the higher one climbed the more potent the fruit. Though this tree wasn't without danger, its branches were thin and had a tendancy to break, sending the climber falling to the ground. Those who ate of its fruit would gain knowledge and wisdom of one concept. With lower fruits being minor and mundane knowledge, the most difficult to reach fruits contained knowledge years beyond what the Phopu currently know. The third tree was by far the largest. It's massive trunk taking a great time to walk around. It's leaves were green and it had many different types of leaves and bark. It was itself as varied and unique as the various Phopu it represented. Its fruit was soft and glowed a dim orange like the setting sun. Those who ate of this tree gained inner strength and minor knowledge of Lu, not mind twisting understanding, just clear easy thoughts that seem to echo out from the Trees themselves. More than this though, it gave the Phopu which ate it an inner strength, a strength of character, of understanding, and of compassion. During winter, when the Phopu migrated to the underside of the Isle (where the roots of the great trees were quite visible) the third tree would shed its leaves and await the return of the Phopu in the spring. The effects of each fruit were mostly temporary, providing their power upon consumption, but letting it fade over a matter of a few days. Though, securing said fruit can be challenging (as only the fruit of mortality, and some low hanging knowledge fruit, grows close to the ground).

Yet Lu wanted let the Phopu know it was him who sent the Great Trees, that it was he who provided for the Phopu. So among the many branches of the trees Lu placed tiny dim suns which constantly cast their their light, providing a gentle twilight even during the night and the winter months. The suns provided no warmth or heat, only a gentle light. The quality of that light was similar to that of an overcast day, dispersed and calm, even during the night. Clean springs and rivers create lakes and pools in region as well, the water held there by (and feeding) the roots of the Great Trees, was enough to support all the Phopu, if but only for a short while. Occasionally the Sun Eagles would roost among the great branches of the Trees.

There my creations, the three pillars of my power. Strength, wisdom, and understanding. As I have given you life, and given you light, so too are these gifts for you.

Act: Create the Great Trees. The Tree of Strength, The Tree of Wisdom, and the Tree of Mortality.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 05:48:56 pm by Roboson »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2017, 05:38:07 pm »

Yes, Varalin. And don't worry; I'm not the kind to turn back on my word, and you have my word as the head of the House that you will not come to harm by my actions, or by the actions of others that I deliberately set up.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2017, 06:10:48 pm »

Varalin gives a gulp listening excited a small smile flitting across their form once more and an eager nod followed.

"Thank you. Thank you.

Another small sound from the back of their throat their violet hair being moved aside glimmering blue eyes examining acter. Their ac tion earlier. They would not be able to influence that woman's mind. Unfortunate. Their other gift would help them at least. For now. Varalin seemed to space out thinking deeply eyes dilating before they snapped their fingers and flew off with a brilliant idea to make in secret.

"BE BACK! MAKING SOMETHING!"

After a few moments. One would hear a small sound in the darkness and then.

"Finished!"

Clearly having been made in the darkness. Varalin pulls out quite a suprise. Floating atop it and gently moving it with divine power was something large. A cake. Strawberrys adorened the top of the layered cheesecake of some sorts. Fudge seemingly cold not hot filling several layers of it. Overall it looks rather nice.

Create Above Cake. Send several small pieces to the Acturians Anonymously. Cut it safely into many slices.

"Want some?"

A raised eyebrow and a cocky grin on their face as they gently licked off some of the cake from one of their fingers. Looking rather....Its probably harder to see someone look smugger.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:30:37 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2017, 06:32:52 pm »

"No, of course he wouldn't listen to that. Muscleheads, all the same. May the Darkness consume you."

As Kol is striding confidently through a certain cave, things suddenly grow dim around him. Not an absence of light, for how would he know? But even his psychic senses couldn't 'see' anything. The Darkness embraces him, and pulls him, kicking and screaming, into oblivion.

Imprison Kol in the Darkness.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2017, 08:29:53 pm »

Phalanalin. You are forcing my hand. I tried to be delicate with the mortals, but it seems you will not allow it. Surrender now, or the Acterians will know that fear does not belong to the darkness.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2017, 03:37:33 am »

"Forcing your hand? I have spared the Acterians from the machinations of a violent megalomaniac. You can hardly accuse me of escalation. If you wish to be the one to bring outright violence into this, by all means. But responsibility for the consequences shall be on your shoulders; you shall have revealed your true nature to all the gods, and they shall see that for all the dichotomies between us, Lu=Good and Phalanalin=Evil is not one of them."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2017, 04:06:28 am »

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:29:27 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2017, 05:19:17 am »

Ralkieis observed the other gods and had come to a conclusion, he shared it with Tutelospera and the other gods (including Phalanalin); "Phalanalin isn't very wise. None of the actions she has taken I could call wise. Her first acts were to try and take advantage of all the work the other gods had done which in the process would put her at odds with all of the other gods. Because of this the very first impression she left on the gods with whom she shares the universe was a distinctly negative one. Where as if she were a wise god she would have proposed working with Acter so that both Acter and Phalanalin are worshiped by his creations. This would have avoided any destructive struggles for control and I am pretty sure the god of improvement wouldn't have objected much to some of his people worshiping the goddess of wisdom. But because she jumped to trying to take what she could easily ask for she has poisoned the opinions of the other gods against her. The wise course of action would be to be helpful to the other gods, to build trust and good relations that could be useful later. Cheating and lying are not wise, they can be wise in some situations but in most you are spending trust and destroying future chances for co-operation. It is to expend future potential for limited short term gain.  A wise god if faced with a stronger god would be well served by forming alliances with other gods and forming a united front against that god. But instead she has made such alliances impossible. A god known to be helpful to the other gods would find it easy to rally help in turn but Phalanalin builds temples to herself. This wouldn't bother me other than the fact that she claims herself to be wise when she is short sighted, reckless and selfish,"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:13:30 am by Jerick »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2017, 07:55:03 am »

"In a sense, I suppose, you have a point, mad-god. But in another, you do not. Take your claim that I sought to take advantage of the work of other gods- at best, a twisted form of truth, bent in circles to support your distaste for me and my recognition that the truth is never absolute. It is the interest of mortals to worship the gods- all the gods. Without us, they are lost sheep. We provide them the tools they need to better themselves, in exchange for their acknowledging of our power. It was an oversight on the part of the other gods to leave the mortals lost and rudderless, with no gods to follow. Were my motives entirely selfless? Perhaps not. Did things work out the way I intended? Absolutely not. But does that make my actions wrong? I say no; to better oneself is not to detract from others, and a failure to be precognisant of the mental weakness of these mortals is not demonstrative of a lack of wisdom.
Indeed, I dispute your claim that I am a cheater or a liar. Which rules have I broken to make me a cheater? What untruths have I spoken to make me a liar? If I have soured the opinions of others, perhaps I should have been more diplomatic. But it is not in my nature to, shall we say, present myself dishonestly. If a god should object to my actions, let them speak. Or, skip speaking and drop a madness-inducing obelisk in front of my temple. Or summon monstrous beasts to terrify mortals away from me, lest they be corrupted by ~scary darkness~. And then blame me when the universe itself drags us into conflict."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2017, 09:09:35 am »

The problem is that none of us are infallible, and anyone who things that godhood puts you above such things as "mistakes" is a fool.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17