Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 9: Death of the Divine (always more players welcome)  (Read 14645 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 4: Praise the Sun
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2017, 11:04:20 am »

At this point Lu was rather annoyed. He had tried to be gentle in his actions. He had tried to be gentle with the Acterians. This was not Lu's way. He has little patience for subterfuge.

Lu was no divine smith, but he was a god yet. He gathered tons of metal from the worlds and turned to Luar. Using the sun itself as a mighty forge, as well as providing it's own material, Lu forged the metal into something new, something powerful. With his bare fists he beat the metal to his design, using his mighty strength and his mightier will, the metal submitted to the God of Strength. He beat power into his creation, blow by blow. The sun's light and heat infusing the metal with even more of Lu's power.

Soon the creation was complete. A humanoid creature was the result. It was unlike any the world had seen. Unlike other of Lu's creations it was not giant and imposing. Yet it was no less powerful, it's power had simply been condensed into a smaller form through intense work. The being was white flying humanoid composed of Greater Starmetal, the result of infusing Lu's strength and Luar's Light into physical form. The being was denser than any substance in the universe as of yet, a result of being constructed in the gravitational heart of Luar. It is harder than any metal that be produced via natural processes. The creature, which Lu named Armiles, glowed with the same intensity as Luar, producing blinding powerful light and heat.

Lu then wrapped Armiles in a suit of lesser Starmetal which had cooled and stopped producing light (which doesn't happen to Armiles' body). This prevented Armiles' light from blinding those who came near, but if Armile's was ever to raise her visor, the full intensity of the sun would be unleashed upon her foes. Similarly, if she was attacked and the lesser star metal removed from some of her body, the same effect would be unleashed. While her strength alone would be sufficient for most tasks, Lu also furnishes her with a sword of lesser starmetal, so that she may cut through both the darkness as well as flesh. Armile's contact with her armor and sword cause them to glow like hot metal.

Act: Create Armiles, the Knight of Might. She is an incredibly mighty being composed of starmetal, a substance forged by the power of Lu in the burning heart of Luar. She burns with the intensity of Luar, but is swathed in armor that prevents this light from escaping without her consent. She wields a sword made of the same material.

Armiles. My knight. My sword. Descend into the caves, cut away the darkness, and lead the Acterians to worship me. Drag them if you must, for the time for games is over.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2017, 11:19:42 am »

Phalanalin sighs.

"This is your answer? You fool. There will be no Acterians left to worship you after your Knight is done rampaging through their caves. May the souls of the fallen find rest in the Darkness beyond your star's reach."
Long Live United Forenia!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2017, 11:31:17 am »

Lu, there is a time and place for everything, but not now.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2017, 12:03:40 pm »

Acter, I wish it wasn't, but now is the time.I would have preferred to allow Kol to lead them to strength. Now however, they will be led there by Armiles.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2017, 12:09:36 pm »

Lu, please recall that a large part of the problems that the Actertians had were due to the blinding light of your Hounds. They live in darkness their entire lives; what do you think it will be like for them to have an avatar of the sun itself intrude upon their homes? They see you as the ultimate evil in the universe, if you don't remember. What will they think of your champion?

For that matter, why send Armiles to lead the Acterians when you could send her to free Kol to lead them instead? You have already seen that they were receptive to him, and if you free him, then they will almost certainly be more receptive to you by association. Think this through, please. I'd rather spare my people the suffering that this will otherwise bring them.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 12:12:11 pm by Glass »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2017, 12:36:27 pm »

"You exist, that is an absolute truth. The truth is always absolute, sometimes, however, it is easier to see than others but there are things that are neither truth nor lies. The false belief that truth isn't absolute comes from the false belief that everything is either a truth or a lie. Truth is absolute but it has its borders, take for instance the morality of the actions you have taken; are you wrong or did you do the right thing? The answers will vary depending on who you ask and yet none of those different answers are lies. That is not truth, it is something else, something...irrelevant. Subjective beliefs are not important, opinions are meaningless to me but I care about the absolute truth. For if it is not absolute then it is not truth.

Your actions have been impractical. Your belief that these mortals need us after we have created them is wrong. We can reward them for their worship of us but they do not require it to survive. We need them far more than they need us. And your belief that the creatures of Acter's creation were left rudderless and unguided also incorrect. Did you really think the god of improvement had abandoned his creations? That he would not return to work on them further? Returning to improve things is what he is, it is his nature. If you answered yes to those questions then can you see why I find it difficult to call you wise? Acter understands his creations. It was odd that he leave them sit for a while. Almost as if he was letting them settle so he could gradually reveal himself to them over time. No, they were not left unguided you simply didn't wait long enough to see any guidance happen. I must stress I am not bothered by the morality of your actions but by the impracticality and impatience of them as they are not traits befitting a goddess of wisdom. Likewise, I am unbothered by the brutish actions of Lu. He is the lord of strength. Being surprised by his actions is a little like being surprised that a dog will bark. It is in his nature. As for me I make little claim to wisdom and tend to care little how my words and actions affect others.

I acknowledge that you haven't lied or cheated and I never said that you were a cheater or a lier but that they were unwise. I did this because the entry in the book of truth on you mentioned that you favoured cheaters. Why, is this a lie? Because that we be very interesting.
"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2017, 12:38:06 pm »

"Acter, you have to understand. Lu does not actually care about the fate of the Acterians, except insofar as he thinks to vex me by messing with their lives. Appealing to him on the basis of what is best for them is not going to work.
Neither Kol nor Armiles will bring the Acterians anything but suffering, couched in promises of strength."

((Don't have time to respond to Jerick right now))
Long Live United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2017, 01:40:19 pm »

Hmmmm... Lu stroked his feathery beard for a few moments, thinking deeply on the words of Acter. I certainly do not wish to leave Kol trapped in the darkness. Though his freedom may come to pass reguardless. If a gambit to free Kol is opened, it is possible that I would have no need to send Armiles to force the Acterians into submission. That would certainly cause fewer deaths...

After a great deal of thought, Lu turned to Acter. The pair of them observing the Acterians from nearby. Fine. I am not immune to reason. I will divert Armiles to assisting Kol.

Armiles, I have seen the light and have been convinced to alter our course. Save the Acterian Kol from Phalanalin's dark prison. 

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:56:52 pm by Roboson »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2017, 05:37:45 pm »

Floating above the giant cake they had probably created by now or otherwise just floating high up above nothing Varalin was of course near Acter and if Lu was close enough for them to be in eyesight glaring at him.

While...trying to keep an eye on the islands of passion.
 She could...probably see through the cave and watch the Acterians. But she was still having to basically concentrate one eye on that duty. Either way, Varalin didn't look damn pleased, to be honest.

Her voice was strong harsh and biting with Anger yet held a strangely loving tone perhaps not voluntarily clearly from her watching of Acters and in her minds her creation as well.

Are you fucking me?

"You guys barely think with your damn head it pisses me the hell of even my damn partner of undecided exact relationship has trouble with that but I can stand that! At least he doesn't seem as full or as "Stuck up" As the rest of you damn fools!
 You're a damn disgrace for a bunch of gods the lot of you parading about worried about nothing but your own worship and getting your own power. Most of you that feign care are doing it because it's logical! You need them more than they need you! DO any of you care to prove me damn wrong? Well?! Come on! Speak the fuck up!

Their voice booming as loud as they could be without harming any of the mortals or really just making themselves incomprehensible. Pointed accusatory and dripping with Venom.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2017, 06:29:33 pm »

Your partner convinced me not to slay those who wouldn't worship me. Do not undo his hard work with petty insults. 

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2017, 06:46:32 pm »

Varalin flew through the void towards Lu in front of them unless they moved back. Staring at him silently.

Aura glowing passionatly raditating from everypore of their body their eyes dilated and focused on the bird like god in front of them. Staring at this god of Strength focused. Tunneling onto his Visage her emotions swelling.

A threat.

He had just threatened the acterians.

Something she had already grown to see like children something precious to her.

It had been too much.

They were shaking quivering as their emotions clashed inside themselves.

Rage.
Despair.
Hatred.
Motherly protective instincts flaring and moving about within her beating "Heart" If her anatomy was as human as her body appeared.

Her voice was low.Almost a whisper. Almost Trembling with emotion..with clear anger with clear rage and undisguised hatred their mind in the passions of a fit of anger. Of hatred. Of rage. Body trembling now. Violet hair almost glowing brightly like a light from her aura growing more intense with each moment.

Mind saying that again? Becuase it sounded to me. Like you just said something...rather...Uncoth.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:52:51 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2017, 07:15:44 pm »

Varalin, calm down. This is not the time for this.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2017, 07:24:31 pm »

Acter's words. Were rather weak.

Varalin in effect barely had noticed he had said anything their head looking back at Acter. The anger in them obvious. The rage in them obvious. Varalin had....honestly....Not heard what he had said exactly

Their mouth opening slowly they...had not calmed.

They had not calmed whatsoever their face the same their body in the same state the only difference in her voice was confusion.

Rage. Anger. It was in her trembling now confused voice.

W-What? Dident...what did you say?

Still in front of Lu. Still close to him and still with that Aura.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2017, 08:05:25 pm »

Listen, I understand that you need to express your emotions; it's part of who you are. However, you don't need to express them on Lu. Remember, he's far stronger than either of us. Try to think if there's anything else you were wanted to do, and do that. Harness your passion for something else.

I don't think that Lu was actually going to do anything to the Acterians, but please, I have talked with him, and we have approached an agreement. This is not the time to be yelling at him.
He doesn't like the situation, either.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2017, 08:12:52 pm »

Oh.

That word flickered across Varalins mind flashing and stumbling about.

Bouncing in her head.

That passion into something else that..made them think for a few moments.

They had several emotions that wanted to act or were begging to act.

Love.

Hatred.

Rage.

They had those three options most likely right now that was strong enough for her to...properly calm herself satisfying one of them would help her.

Focusing on one.

So. Several thoughts crossed her mind. With an additional emotion that maybe she could draw on to stabilize herself.

One. Attempt to Maul Lu.
Two.Beatdown Acter for getting in the way.
Three. Eat the fuck outta that cake and try to hope that it will bring euphoria.
Four. Do something to act on...their..companionship? Companionship with Acter?

As of now, they were silent their mind racing their body rigid and stiff her aura stopped dead. She looked like a deer in the headlights and right now it was unclear what they would decide. If any of those options.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 08:15:01 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17