Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 9: Death of the Divine (always more players welcome)  (Read 14626 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 5: Havenless
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2017, 01:09:12 pm »

Phalanalin sighs.

"I understand your hopes, Acter. I saw- see- the potential in Kol. He could be a great leader, restoring the Acterians to what they were meant to be. But he is Lu's creature, through and through, and the forces of the universe conspire to keep him so. I should not need to explain to you that whatever distaste you may have for me, that does not make Lu your ally. I told you before that he has little care for the fate of the Acterians- and his minions will share his views.

Let me offer you this, though. The universe is yet young, and many things untested. Perhaps the ties that bind Kol to his master are not as strong as I fear. So long as he is Lu's creature, I shall not release him. But I could grant you access to his prison, that you might try to change his allegiance. Should you succeed, I would have no reason to keep him chained.

I would, of course, require you to swear in the hall of Mirdanrond not to attempt to release Kol yourself, nor share knowledge of his prison with any other."

She turns to Varalin.

"Very well. I shall make it so. Do not disappoint, emotional one."
Long Live United Forenia!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2017, 01:18:42 pm »

A counter-offer: you and Lu have a purely verbal discussion in Mirdanrod about how to split the Acterians' worship, and end the gambit. You release Kol, and Lu recalls his Knight, never to enter the Acterians' caverns again. I take my time to cure Kol of his megalomania, and turn him into a leader that my people are deserving of. And we all go happy, having accomplished our major goals, if not some of the secondary ones that we may have thought would be nice to have on the side.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2017, 01:26:01 pm »

Phalanalin smirks.

"If you can convince Lu to settle a dispute through a purely verbal discussion, well, I wouldn't want to miss that for the world. Speak with featherbrains, then. See what he thinks of your offer."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2017, 01:32:52 pm »

Varalin raised an eyebrow a smile flittering across their lips as an idea came to them. Would kol listen to them? Someone who had kept them sane and also clearly cared about him? Especially since Varalin wouldn't look down on him.

"Guy's! Guy's! Idea! Could I speak with Kol perhaps? He has been kept sane off my tears and would have heard my proclamation. If he is going to listen to anybody I'm pretty high up theirs! So perhaps I could go with Acter?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2017, 01:38:18 pm »

Lu travels to Mirdanrod to discuss with the other gods.

The reason my knight is in the caverns in the first place is to rescue Kol. If Kol is released, then there is no need for my knight to remain there. I will withdraw my knight if Kol is released. As for my knight to never return, I can see no reason that it should have to. However, I will not swear that she shant return if the need arises. I do not enjoy the fact that my knight must wander these caves, and I am less pleased by the effect on the Acterians. She is there by necessity. Alleviate that necessity and she shall not return until necessity beckons once more.

I tire of the plights of the Acterians, I desire their worship, nothing more. If you two can arrange their civilization so that I too reap the rewards of their worship, then I shall swear never to interfere with them for as long as that worship continues. You may have complete control over their future and of their affairs. Though, if it comes to pass that their worship fades, then I must resume meddling.

Does this seem like a fair deal to all involved? Kol is freed, my knight is withdrawn, and I too withdraw as long as I am worshiped alongside the other gods. That seems like a fair offer in which all parties, especially the acterians, prosper.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2017, 01:40:36 pm »

The goddess of passion merely gives a nod. showing their support a grin on their face. They were thinking of big things Exciting things to do next time energy had come. Their.....rivers. The rivers of her tears were devoid of any life she would be changing that soon enough,

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2017, 02:05:27 pm »

Manifesting in Mirdanrond, Phalanalin reclines in her throne (showing no sign of discomfort), and speaks.

"Hmm. So, you propose that we all ensure that the Acterians worship all of us- that is, Acter, Varalin, Lu, and myself? So long as you don't try to scare them away from worshipping me, I care little who else they bow down before. The more the merrier.
I will reiterate my request that you withdraw not only Armiles, but also the Light she brought.
Furthermore, I suggest that, for the good of the Acterians, all four of us bind ourselves to never send anything mightier than a messenger to meddle with them ever again- well, perhaps never is a bit excessive. Not for the next one thousand years, let's say.
Kol I shall release, but into the care of Acter, to let him try to... mellow his personality.
And let us agree that we shall not meddle in the worship of the others, except insofar as to ensure that it occurs, should it lapse for some reason. In which case we should collectively send messengers to remind the mortals of what we have done for them- provided them with existence, pleasure, survival, and security.

Oh, and, it is implied, but let us confirm- none of us shall claim victory in this matter."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2017, 02:09:28 pm »

That would appear to be fair.
I would like to ask, however, if my Griffon would still be permitted, under this agreement. Please recall, I gave them a calming aura; they may be useful for successfully ensuring that the Acterians can recover peacefully.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2017, 02:13:16 pm »

"Sound's fair....Would If i made...a copy of myself in mortal form and used it to speak with the acterians. Would that break the rules of this agreement? I imagine it would have no ill effects on them. I would not be appearing in godly glory."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2017, 02:20:15 pm »

The Tutelospera chortled.

"You gods seek peace, finally? What use is peace enforced by words, without intimidation or object to prevent further conflict? If I may, I suggest making a creation to enforce your peace. Something that will cause appropriate retribution to those who break it."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2017, 02:22:45 pm »

I believe that was much of the point of the Mirdanrod, Tutelospera. The agreements made here are binding.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2017, 02:32:18 pm »

(I actually missed that but regardless))

"Perhaps I am cynical then in seeing how simple it is to break such pacts or better yet, keeping the word intact, but not the spirit."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2017, 02:34:08 pm »

I can agree to most of these terms. I see no reason to withdraw the Light in the Caverns, unless you would agree to do the same and withdraw the Darkness. If you find it acceptable to remove your Darkness, I will do the same and remove the Light. Though I may be able to be persuaded to change this option.

I am fine with a nonescalation pact over the guidance of the acterians as well as us agreeing that the gambit over their worship is a draw.

As for the issue of Kol, I am fine with his release onto Acter and Varalin. He however is my pawn, and if they can mellow his personality, that is fine. However, attempts to change his allegance will be seen as an act of aggression. I am fine with a less violent Kol, I am not fine with a stolen Kol.

Furthermore, I would win this gambit over him. The gambit is over his release, and in this agreement he will be released. This I will remain resolute on. He was unjustly imprisoned, and this will serve as reparations for that aggression. This is a deal breaker, if I am not the victor in this gambit, then I cannot agree with the rest of this agreement.

Kol is released into Acter's mellowment, but still is my soldier. I will be claimed the victor in the gambit for his release. The worship gambit is a draw. Are these conditions acceptable to those involved?   

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2017, 02:41:47 pm »

I am reasonably certain that the worship Gambit was the only one being declared a draw. By default, as your goal in the Kol Gambit was to have him released, you would win it, although as the worship Gambit would be over, it would be a moot point regardless.
I can promise that I will not try to convince Kol to change allegiance, though. I simply would like him to become more fit to lead without becoming just as bad as that which he would fight against.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2017, 02:44:40 pm »

Tartin was enjoying one of his hikes over one of the mountains, scaling its steep cliffs and striding through its deadly forests in his favorite form, with its powerful arms and sharp horns upon its proud head. He put his hand on a tree, feeling it's strength, when a vine, then 2 more, slapped across his arm then began sucking his blood. He raised a hairy eyebrow when it also began to inject him with poison. He snorted and shook free of the parasite tree. It began to shake as it ingested his divine blood. As he walked away he heard a squeal. He looked over and saw a pack of those beastmen cornered by a razorback. It slashed two of them apart and began to consume another. The rest of the pack ran away.

Tartin was saddened by this, to his surprise. He had a soft spot for these weak creatures, who loved each other at great cost. He needed to do something.

He shifted into the shape of one of the beastmen, and over the course of years went to the various packs that roamed. He found those pregnant with pups, and he would pour power into them, to make them grow larger, stronger and faster than their regular kin. He would watch over the mother and then the children, keeping them safe as he could. There would be 12 of them, known as Kovash born to be chiefs and leaders. Each would be skilled in different areas, some in stealth, some in battle, and one in magic. Their children would inherit their abilities, though only a few would reach the potential of the original Kovash.

ACT: Create the twelve Kovash.
Stronger, faster, and smarter Tavross, they will be the leaders of tribes and packs, utilizing the bonds of love to bind each tribe to each Kovash, and survive the harsh mountains and deadly forests.

Seeing each Kovash to maturity, he returned to Mirdenrod and his seat behind that of Lu, a simple iron throne adorned with great horns. His crest was a bulls head on a red field.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17