Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 139758 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2017, 09:16:18 am »

The Japanese forging technique (specifically, the folding thing) was done to make up for the fact that their weapons were made with pig iron.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 07, 2017, 09:24:20 am »

So when combined with steel it should be even more amazing, right?
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 07, 2017, 09:33:01 am »

Only if the steel isn't already uniform. The point with folding is to make the impurities more uniform (so as to strengthen it); I would assume that magically-created steel would already be uniform, and therefore it would actually be counterproductive to fold it, which would give the impurities a chance to shift around in an undesired manner.

Take a look here.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 07, 2017, 10:12:29 am »

Try to take control off Animated, Crude Statue of a Bipedal Humanoid.
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 07, 2017, 06:19:24 pm »

The sun has set. It is nighttime. Beware of monsters. (lasts 8 Turns)

((Statistics say I'm fire rank 0 still?))
Go hunting.
Fixed.
5 You go hunting and manage to track down some more of those deer from earlier. Using better tactics, you slay a couple of them and gather up pieces of their meat. You obtain Deer Meat x5. Hunting Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or a one time permanent +1 bonus to Hunting.

Fish from the pier, using Charm Animals to make the fish more likely to come and take the bait.
Does the pier give any bonuses to fishing?
I'll say the pier and the simple spell combined accrue another +1.
2+2 You almost feel like you were about to get nothing, but the pier is a good fishing spot and your spell put together with it attracts more fish. -1 Mana. You obtain Fish x3. Fishing Rank 2: 2/20 EXP. Enchantment Magic Rank 1: 3/15 EXP.
More noises nearby that aren't your friends.

New Earth Magic, please.

"I accept.

Say, Kalith, what do you want to do with your life?
"

Valosh was only half-focusing on the conversation with Kalith. In his mind, thoughts of magic whirled. Then, a new idea struck him.

Ponder the concept of dark magic.
Mud to Rock/Rock to Mud (2 Mana)
Your mind whirls with forbidden knowledge. Other than the obvious Necromancy school, you learn something about this world through a vision. In a race to gain more power, five mages used their dark magic to split the school of Evocation into Elements to rule over. Four of the mages sought only to rule over one basic element - Earth, Air, Fire and Water. One of the mages wanted more, and shattered all Divine Magic as well into what is now known as Spirit Magic. Different from Necromancy, one could heal or harm others through the control of their souls. People could learn magic simply through meditation and expansion through their souls now, they didn't need the gods. Of course, without the regular gods to bless the land and only Spirit Magic to remain, it brought a darkness upon this realm. The vision ends before you can learn how to restore the order that has been broken. Choose one: Learn Necromancy Magic, or Learn Spirit Magic.
"Me? Well, for now I jussst want to sssurvive and collect treasuresss," she replied, looking thoughtful. "When I grow up, I sssuppossse I'll have to find a sssuitable mate, but the big plan ahead isss to hurt the cloaksss for hurting me.

Thank him, then go about combing the ground for herbs or vegetables and contemplating the earth again.
4 You thank your friend Aaron and go foraging for food in the ground. You not only find some potatoes, but also some carrots! You think about the earth some more. -1 Hunger. You obtain Potato x3, Carrot x3. Earth Magic Rank 0: 4/10 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Foraging Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

chow time! Eat my fresh meals till I am full.
5 You only need to eat two of them before you're all filled up. What good meals! -2 Rat. +5 Hunger. Gain Status Effect: Full.

@Gm: If I combined transmutation or perhaps some enchanting spells with mundane blacksmithing, could I do cool forging stuff like the First Digger from that one rp happening right now? Or at least bonuses to rolls?

If Transcendant helps, take mud, form bricks, and arrange them in the pattern necessary for a forge. (Obviosuly without the tools on the side or the bellows, just the shape right now.) If he doesn't assist by turning them to stone, then simply use shape object to create a forge from nearby stone. Inside one of the stone houses, if he gives permission.
You can definitely enchant weapons with enchantment magic if you know the right spell (and you can gain bonuses a varied number of ways). Transmutation magic is more about changing stuff into other stuff or altering stuff, like making things bigger/smaller, one material into another, altering gravity, etc. You can certainly shape metal into weapons with Transmutation, but making more complex weapons would require good rolls or more mana (so I suppose Shape Object is really more of a 'depends on the situation' Mana Cost). I'll put an asterisk near that spell.
5 You take some mud and form them into bricks. You build yourself a pretty good forge out of everything there. Now you just need to find everything else. Skill Unlocked: Building Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Is the bear fight something I know about and can go help with? If so, go help fight the bear with my iron sword and use Stone Skin to protect myself. Time for some live fire training. Or live bearclaw training, I guess. If I can't help with the bear fight, meditate to regain mana and ponder a way to make an Iron Skin or Steel Skin spell, since I have Stone Skin as a base and an Iron sword to learn the properties from.
3 You help with the bear fight after meditating a bit, using stone Skin to protect yourself. -1 Mana. Fighting Black Bear: 12/20 Health. Combat Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maimum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or a one time permanent +1 to Combat.

Keep stabbing this tougher-than-average bear.
1 The bear isn't stunned anymore. It swipes you before you swipe it. Luckily you have someone helping you now. -3 Health.

Cast mud to rock last time on the new room, then do it this time, I guess. Then eat & rest again.
5 You did it! You eat and rest up afterwards to regain the Mana you used to change the room. +1 Health, +3 Hunger, +2 Mana, Gain Status Effect: Full. Earth Magic Rank 1: 12/15 EXP.

Try to take control off Animated, Crude Statue of a Bipedal Humanoid.
2 You don't do that. It's still free-willed, and you wasted some Mana and energy. At least it didn't turn against you. -1 Hunger, -2 Mana.
However, you definitely hear the noises too. Somethings nearby, and it isn't humanoid.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:12:13 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 07, 2017, 06:36:25 pm »

Start a fire to harden the bricks so they are suitable for smithing grade fires. Meditate on the fire, and how it is in an ever devouring cycle.
Think about how I could make a bellows or two, and any other things I would need for the forge.

((Is the forge inside or not?))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:37:57 pm by johiah »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 07, 2017, 06:42:04 pm »

((Hmm...hey coolrune, would you mind teaching me spirit magic if you learn it?))

+1 to combat
Slash that bear, maybe from the side if it isn't facing me. Aim for the neck of throat. Try to infuse my blade with Chi or Inner Power or Aura or Nature Power or Soul Power or something other than Mana, because I'm out of that and I don't want to find out what happens if you try to cast without mana and it doesn't just fizzle.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:47:23 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 07, 2017, 06:44:57 pm »

Seek safety in the rock house, and consider the earth in regard to how it could be carved or shaped into things.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 07, 2017, 06:50:26 pm »

Valosh learns Spirit Magic.

((Sorry, I'm not going to be around long. I'm going to set off on my own, or now perhaps with Kalith. I just wanted to gain a few levels in magic until I got some neat-o skills.))

Valosh begins to follow the river uphill, hoping to find that the spring of the river is near the mines. If it is not, he simply seeks the spring of the river.

"I suppose that sounds very dragon-y as far as goals go. But pardon my asking, if this is not a happy memory, but what are 'cloaks'? I'm a tad unfamiliar with the term."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 07, 2017, 06:51:28 pm »

bring my catch back, then go exploring. Bet there's interesting stuff hidden!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 07, 2017, 07:01:21 pm »

Get to the house thing, to do some rest and recovery. Prepare my Slumber spell for if the new... things are hostile.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:08:47 pm by Glass »

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2017, 07:03:07 pm »

Consider earth, nature, life, and healing (same things as before really). Monsters? Stay inside during the night, behind safe rock walls.  I recommend everyone get inside and stay inside at night and have rotating watch.

Also I was hoping the larger corner rooms in the diagram would be 25 x 15, and the normal ones 15x15. Each X being 5 ft square. Whatever you decide is cool. I just wanted some kind of defensible area. I'll help make whatever when possible, but yeah, shelter/defense priority? Just didn't want to get surrounded and this way they'd have to come through door/bottlenecks? I don't know.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:05:47 pm by Transcendant »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 07, 2017, 07:55:35 pm »

((Does anyone think we should have a discord for player communication?))
((Also, does anyone want to pair up with me in the art of smithing?))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 07, 2017, 08:12:26 pm »

If you guys want a Discord, I can set one up.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 07, 2017, 08:27:20 pm »

If you guys want a Discord, I can set one up.
That'd be nice. We'd just have to make an effort to use it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 72