Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 139665 times)

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10, 5 Days Remain)
« Reply #930 on: October 01, 2018, 12:08:11 pm »

She makes deals for souls, said "rot" referring to her enemies, is hiding her power from her own team.... Also, there's all the rest of her.... This just screams, "team good." Any of it?

Even if true, that's like saying opposing the guy who murders with a sword is bad because you fought him with a sword. It's not the sword that is the problem, it is murderer guy. She's making Faustian soul deals.... Come on.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:55:20 pm by Transcendant »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 01, 2018, 05:40:29 pm »

I am not going to side with the spirit mage, only the air mage. On top of that, I am going to try and turn the air mage against the spirit mage at my earliest convenience.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 01, 2018, 05:44:49 pm »

I mean if she continues to be a horrible person in front of me I'll just point her out to the rest of the mages, make a couple statements implying that she clearly isn't stronger than all of them together yet, but is moving toward that point, and then let them all blast her to stop her from overtaking them.

I've got an audience with literally all the mages and the Great Dragon right now, after all.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 02, 2018, 08:23:36 am »

((Why is everyone against the Spirit Mage again? As far as I know, she's trying to fix the end of the world problem by "sewing the heavens" together again, but needs power for it. When did she mention turning everyone into zombies?))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 02, 2018, 08:27:46 am »

It's more that we don't want her being the one to end the game.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 02, 2018, 10:55:13 am »

((Why is everyone against the Spirit Mage again? As far as I know, she's trying to fix the end of the world problem by "sewing the heavens" together again, but needs power for it. When did she mention turning everyone into zombies?))
((That was me. Not her. Me! The sewing and power thing, I mean. Not the zombie thing.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 02, 2018, 08:41:50 pm »

In a mildly amusing not-quite-turn-of-events, the DM has been saying this forever and I've been trying to deal with it:

1.) The sky would go nuts and crack. The mages are the problem and the ones who cracked it:

"The cloaksss took the magic from the sssky, made everything dark," replied Kalith, confirming that the mages from his vision and the cloaks were one in the same. "They wanted to rule over the elementsss and the divinesss, and they sssucceeded."

"The cloaksss tore apart the sssky!" Kalith explains again,

It was in the first post, first page, under the "Stuff of Note" Spoiler:
"Robed figures known as The Cloaks have torn the skies asunder, manipulating the power of a dragon-like figure in the heavens to gain ultimate power over the five Elements of Air, Earth, Fire, Water and Spirit. They apparently mean to eventually destroy everything that remains within this world as a vie for power, but something prevents them from taking over."

2.) The spirit mage is basically the devil who likes undeath. She plays god, buys souls, and wants even her faithful servants as undead:

3 You sleep, and when you sleep, you dream. You dream of a mysterious dragon with white glowing eyes, held down by five differently colored chains. The chains are each attached by a being in a similarly colored cloak - Yellow, Green, Red, Blue, and Purple. Out of all of them, the cloaked figure in purple looms above the others, manipulating the universe by invisible strings. The rest of the dream becomes dark, as the purple figure looms over you, smiling to you with a sinister grin as her cloak turns black.

"Go on, student... continue down this treacherous path. The more you play at the darkness of Spirit through deception and hurt, the more I will ascend past the veil of playing god.

Go deeper in the nightmare. What terrible things lurk deep within?
Maybe I can learn something about this like a more primal or wild form of magic, so keep trying to learn blood magic or maybe dream magic.

4 Five mages appear to surround you. The first one has a white cloak with golden trim. The second has a green cloak with brown trim. The third has a red cloak with orange trim. The fourth has a blue cloak with silver trim. The fifth has a purple cloak with black trim. The one with the purple cloak stands out against your mind, sending chills down your spine.
"You wish to delve into forbidden magic. I can accommodate you, for a price. Pledge me your soul, and I will grow your power slowly over over time, even without practicing it. Have a taste of that now." Black lines sprout out from her body and crash into you.
-1 Hunger. Spirit Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Minor Harm (1 Mana). Gain Mana Bar: 5/5.

"Well well well," greets the purple robed individual, the only thing visible a sadistic grin. "If it isn't my favorite little plaything. Causing trouble and then trying to avoid it? How cute. You should know better than to try to avoid Fate itself, my dear... Karma is truly a beautiful thing, isn't it? I believe I shall enjoy having you as a servant... a skeletal servant, of course."

A flash of black light extends from her hand, and your vision blots out. -3 Health. You have died.

5+1 vs. 2+1 Theron's dark mistress doesn't seem to care at the moment. Her ghostly laugh pierces his head, causing him to be useless this turn. Wren also hears her voice, less prominent but still sinister.

"A soul willingly given... A soul I now own. It is useless to try to erase my mark... Theron is mine. Nonetheless... I will release him from this particular curse... for now."

Sarcasm, because it isn't obvious, apparently:

Frankly, I did not plan on the world ending in 5 days. Give stirring speech, follow long term plan, immerse in world; watch the sky crack open.... :) There goes the timetable.
[Sarcasm, drip tag] I don't really know how we could've been prepared for this so ... [sarcasm drip tag] I suppose I'm trying to roll with it.
Apparently the guy who died was rather important, because the sky is going nuts now that he's been killed. Figures.
Although I didn't know it'd be 5 days, the sky cracking open, world getting destroyed thing was in the first post on the first page.

She's evil. She's lying. She's always lied. She buys souls, and wants skeletal servants, of course.... The cloaks split the sky; the cloaks and the mages are the same thing....

She's the arsonist pretending to be the fireman.

The mages are the cloaks, the cloaks aren't good, but she's the worst.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:10:15 pm by Transcendant »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 02, 2018, 08:49:41 pm »

((Eh, not like I can do anything to stop her. Theron agrees to everything she says because he sold his soul to her. And he honestly dislikes dragons, seeing them as just beasts.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 02, 2018, 08:54:02 pm »

You can't; we can.

Selling your soul was your mistake. We've had this discussion before when you tried to kill me as a consequence of selling your soul, when your mistress told you to kill me. And again:
"
Dude, you sold your soul to the people who attack us and our neato dragon friends. Were you expecting a cookie? "
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 08:55:50 pm by Transcendant »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 02, 2018, 08:58:54 pm »

((Yeah I know, I don't see it as a mistake though. It was fun and I got a bunch of spells too.))

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 06, 2018, 08:27:41 pm »

Spring Day 5: Partly Void (+Necromancy/Conjuration, -???. 2 Turns Remain)
5 Days Remain
Glad that you guys have been figuring out some of the plot. You'll more than likely see what happens if the Spirit Mage continues to grow in power. If this is prevented or another god rises to power with her, that will be another story. Though you guys could also stop worshiping gods and see where it leads if you want to. Like I said, multiple different endings.

Time to kick golem production into high gear, while I expand my knowledge.
I'll take learn new transmutation spell.
Forge a stone golem that will use copper mined by Kosjenka to make more Kosjenkas. This golem will be made fireproof in the following way. Heat resistance spells will be carved into the stone as it is forged, so that heat that would otherwise melt it is instead absorbed as energy, or deflected back into the furnace.
Then, eat some food and meditate to recover mana.

2+1 You create another golem from the stone you have and etch markings into it that will make it resistant to fire. Its set to make more golems at a rate of 1 golem per day. You then eat and meditate a bit.
+2 Health, +2 Hunger, +1 Mana. -1 Cooked Sunfish, Stone depleted. Building Rank 1: 9/15 EXP. Abjuration Magic Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Stone Golem, 5/5 Health. Fire Resistance 1, Makes 1 golem per day.
Learn Spell: Enlarge/Reduce (2+ Mana)

Snap this resisting goblin motherfucker's neck. Then restrain the other one.
Try this, again. This time with feeling.
4+1 You summarily kill one goblin, then restrain the other. He surrenders to you, asking that you spare his life in exchange for information.
Combat Rank 3: 5/25 EXP. Killed one Goblin. No longer fighting.

attempt to communicate about the impending doom, and request their help. Learn a new air spell while I am at it, and maybe try to become their apprentice.
6 They seem surprised at this. "You want to be my apprentice?" they ask. "Times are desperate... and with the Spirit Mage gaining so much power over us, I'm willing to do almost anything. If you pledge me your allegiance, I'd be more than willing to help you any way that I can." They extend their hand, and you learn a lot more about Air Magic. You feel very tired, though.
-3 Hunger. Warning: 1 Hunger remaining. Air Magic Rank 1: 5/20 EXP. Learn Spells: Lightning Orb (2 Mana), Chain Lightning (5+ Mana).

"Listen, I don't care about your spats. You all have or want power, and without a world none of you have any. Ergo, you're going to help us repair the universe. Got it?"
3+1 They all seem to stop bickering for at least a moment. Only those with true power can mend the universe, finally says the Great Dragon. I would wager that at this point, that could even be one of you.
The Spirit Mage shrugs. "The Dragon has a point... you all seem to have power. I see no advantage to being against you anymore... Once I become a true Goddess, I will help repair this universe you hold so dear." The other less powerful mages seem to be less certain.
-1 Hunger. +1 Favor with The Great Dragon and The Spirit Mage. Diplomacy Rank 1: 8/15 EXP.

Danea meditates to regain Mana. She also tests to see if the gloves are good enough to allow her to touch the slime.
6 you regain some Mana and put on the gloves. You soon realize you can't take them off anymore... but at least they can touch cold things. How that happened you may never know.
-1 Hunger, Mana Replenished. Gloves: Cursed, Cold Resistance 1. -1 Favor with The Water Mage

+1 Health. What else can I do but to accept? I willingly pledged my soul and existence to the Spirit Mage. I am her eternal servant and I must obey. If this is what she wants, how could I even refuse such offer? I'm just a hunter, and I will be happy as long as I can serve her and have beasts to hunt.
If I'm allowed to, ask if she has a name and past. I barely know anything about her and I never had the need to ask. But if she really wants me to be at her side, I should probably try to at least call her by her name.

5 "My name... It's been a long time since someone asked me that," she replies. She seems thoughtful before replying.

"I was named Sepa. I used to be human before... and when I was young, I seemed blessed by the spark of magic. Scorned by my family, I found four other like-minded people who wanted to grow in power to escape our sheltered lives. We found dark rituals that promised of power, but we had to draw it from another being. Tired of society, we decided we had enough of this world and pulled magic from the deity of this realm. You have opened my eyes since... That what we did unraveled everything. After my cruel attempt at trying to kill your friends, I also realized that Fate itself wants to try to find a way to save this world. I now find myself tired of my colleagues and wish them destroyed, because they do not yet see the truth of things. They would tear this world apart... whereas I have recently agreed to try to save it. Would you help me do this, my betrothed?"
Loved (?) by The Spirit Mage. Diplomacy Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

The actual scroll this time.
4 You look at the scroll, and learn a new spell. It dissolves. -1 Hunger, -1 Ancient Scroll. Divination Magic Rank 0: 4/10 EXP. Learn Spell: Scry (5 Mana)
Scry allows you to know where a selected creature or person is and what their next move is going to be.

1.) Promise the building at river as a temple to the great dragon, with the promise that I will raise a greater temple if I survive.
2.) Continue offering the prayers of the faithful .
3.) Talk people out of supporting the spirit mage.
4.) Make a dragon statue out of mud, and then magically turn it to stone, in a convenient place. Leave some places around it to grow some neat plants or something later.

4 Though some find it difficult to stray from the powerful Spirit Mage at present, you manage to convince a good amount of people to also give their support to The Great Dragon. You make a statue for the people to worship and give their offerings to, elevating the God in their eyes.
Thank you, my child, comes their voice. I shall bestow my favor upon you.
-2 Mana, -1 Hunger. Favoured by The Great Dragon. The Spirit Mage: -1 Favor. Choose a number that you wish to effect in your favor as a boon.
+1 Power to the Great Dragon.

Go eat and rest to recover all my stuff more. Get Beary Bob to help me gather food from the mango tree and fruit bushes that are planted.
2+2 You do everything you set out to do with the help of your trusty familiar by your side.
+2 Health, +2 Hunger, +1 Spirit, +1 Mana. Obtain Mango x3, Strawberry x3, Blackberry x3. Foraging Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger or +1 Foraging (one time only)

Help Wren build his statue of the Dragon, and I guess meditate on combat some more.
5+1 You improve the statue and meditate on combat. It takes a lot longer than you expected. -3 Hunger, Combat Rank 2: 7/20 EXP. +2 Favor with The Great Dragon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 08:39:31 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 06, 2018, 08:55:33 pm »

Experiment with the crystals I have. Try to design something that will absorb specifically void magic, and store it for us.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 06, 2018, 09:09:26 pm »

Turn to the other mages, and...
Why are you all so hesitant? Reality is falling apart, and you don't care? Even if all you want is total control, can you not get it through your skulls that you can't rule something when there isn't anything?
Or is there another reason? Are you just waiting for someone else to extend themselves so you can swoop in on them while they're distracted to take advantage? Do you think you have some kind of contingency for if the world ends? What? Why? Why in nine kinds of hell would make you think ignoring this could be your best decision?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 06, 2018, 09:56:08 pm »

Danea casts Shape Object on the Small Frost Slime, shaping it into a sword. She condenses the slime at the edges of the sword so that it is hard and sharp. She tries to do this in a way that minimizes damage to the slime.

With the rest of her turn, she takes her copper ore and bars and starts processing that into armour, starting with a breastplate and helmet, and also crafting greaves, boots, and pauldrons if she has enough material left over.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 06, 2018, 09:56:15 pm »

feast on the rats and rabbits I caught, then ask if theres any way to help him undermine the spirit mage, or at least gain more power so as to keep them in check.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72