Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 139709 times)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2017, 06:18:49 pm »

Still dealing with some family stuff lately, sorry for the delay. I'll hopefully update at least once a day from now on, but if I miss a couple days assume I'm having to do stuff.

Hunger and spell, please.
Eat two pieces of cooked fish, then cook 5 of my fish and smoke the other 5.
Gain Spell: Control Animals (3 Mana)
You eat your fish and cook the other ten the ways you want. You share three of your newly cooked fish with your strange wizard friend Arsintoile. -10 Fish, +5 Smoked Fish. Cooking Rank 1: 5/15 EXP. Gain Status Effect: Full

+1 to combat. Ask Glass for some cooked or smoked fish to eat, and eat it.
3 Aaron gives you some food. +3 Health, +6 Hunger.

bleck. Guess that one was a bit too old or had some sort of infection. Go hunt some fresh food.
6-1 You go out hunting and find a surprising amount of rats scurrying about, fighting off your illness. -1 Hunger. You obtain Rat x5. Hunting Rank 0: 3/10 EXP. Lost Status Effect: Ill.

Grab the charcoal and climb up a tree. Meditate in the tree branches.
5 You grab some charcoal and climb up a tree. Your meditation really helps! -1 Hunger. You obtain Charcoal x5. +1 Health, Regain all Mana. Fire Magic Rank 1: 5/15.

Learn new magic. Continue working on my sword skills while pondering a way to improve my Blink spell to control when I drop in and out of ethereality.
Gain Spell: Shape Object (1 Mana)
You learn nothing new about combat at this time. You're actually pretty pooped. -2 Hunger

+1 Health, Please.
Build another room from mud, see previous diagram, namely one of the corners (5x3 based on the foundation I made before). Then turn it to stone. Eat one of the strawberries.
6 You did a really good job! You're still really tired from all of this work. -1 Strawberry. -2 Hunger. Building Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

Eat some berries and use my growing magic on any berry bushes that have already been picked. Continue conversing.

"The best way to learn is to do. First, what is trust? How can one build it with another? Figure those basic steps out before attempting to excel. One cannot run before they can walk."
3 You eat your berries and some from camp. You use your magic to ripen the bushes. -1 Mana, +1 Health, +5 Hunger. Gain Status Effect: Full. Earth Magic Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Earth Magic.

Kalith has an idea. She picks some of the newly ripened berries and plops them into your hand. You regain your berries. "In return for your gift of mushrooms."

Continue fishing, and think on how I could go about constructing a forge.

@gm can shape object change what the material is? If so,
Create a Pier for Glass, according to his specifications,
out of wood or something, using shape object.

That's not how that spell works, no. You can change the shape of wood and it will still be wooden. However, your action to make the wood into a pier is still valid. Changing materials are higher level spells that will cost more mana (like Stone to Metal). 

4 You need a fuel source, a foundation and a way to light the fuel. You gain some fish, and use some of the wooden logs to shape into a wooden pier.  -1 Hunger, -2 Mana. Fish x3. Fishing Rank 0: 7/10 EXP. Blacksmithing Rank 0: 3/10 EXP. Transmutation Magic Rank 0: 3/15 EXP.

Get something to eat
3 There's some berries at the camp. +1 Health, +3 Hunger.

Stick bear with pointy end of sword.
5 Good hit! You stun the bear for a turn with a harsh gash on its side. Bear: 15/20, Stunned. Skill Unlocked: Combat Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Spoiler: Current Statistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:42:56 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2017, 06:35:29 pm »

((Statistics say I'm fire rank 0 still?))
Go hunting.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2017, 06:39:40 pm »

Not a problem, DD, just wanted to make sure we were still doing this.

Fish from the pier, using Charm Animals to make the fish more likely to come and take the bait.

Does the pier give any bonuses to fishing?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2017, 07:10:30 pm »

New Earth Magic, please.

"I accept.

Say, Kalith, what do you want to do with your life?
"

Valosh was only half-focusing on the conversation with Kalith. In his mind, thoughts of magic whirled. Then, a new idea struck him.

Ponder the concept of dark magic.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2017, 07:27:41 pm »

Thank him, then go about combing the ground for herbs or vegetables and contemplating the earth again.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2017, 08:11:37 pm »

chow time! Eat my fresh meals till I am full.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2017, 08:18:44 pm »

I was going to go for steampunk, but on second thought, forgesmith seems better.

Hey, you there! Earth mage! Would you mind assisting me in building a forge?
And even if not, can I construct it inside one of the buildings you are making?

@Gm: If I combined transmutation or perhaps some enchanting spells with mundane blacksmithing, could I do cool forging stuff like the First Digger from that one rp happening right now? Or at least bonuses to rolls?

If Transcendant helps, take mud, form bricks, and arrange them in the pattern necessary for a forge. (Obviosuly without the tools on the side or the bellows, just the shape right now.) If he doesn't assist by turning them to stone, then simply use shape object to create a forge from nearby stone. Inside one of the stone houses, if he gives permission.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:21:49 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2017, 08:49:17 pm »

((Heh, with my new spell, now I can do forge-free smithing. It'd probably be somewhat mana intensive to start, though.))

Is the bear fight something I know about and can go help with? If so, go help fight the bear with my iron sword and use Stone Skin to protect myself. Time for some live fire training. Or live bearclaw training, I guess. If I can't help with the bear fight, meditate to regain mana and ponder a way to make an Iron Skin or Steel Skin spell, since I have Stone Skin as a base and an Iron sword to learn the properties from.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:32:36 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2017, 08:55:27 pm »

((Heh, with my new spell, now I can do forge-free smithing. It'd probably be somewhat mana intensive to start, though.))
-snip-
((I know the exact same spell. But hopefully by combining it with actual forgery I can get even better blades that have properly cast edges and spines and stuff. Using shape object would make something in the shape of a sword, but it would not be tempered correctly.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2017, 09:09:27 pm »

((That's just the shaping spell. I already have the spell to make metal, which should suffice for weapons until you get blacksmithing high enough to produce exceptional items. I was planning to test the effectiveness of my weapon if I fight the bear. Which reminds me, I could probably provide you with metal if you want.))

((Edit: Oh, and only alloys of iron, like steel, are tempered, since the process of tempering softens the metal, increasing its toughness. Quenching, heat treatment, and cold forging were used to increase the alloy's temper, which is the increased strength and hardness of the alloy after the three processes mentioned. Iron was usually cold forged to harden it in olden days, increasing its temper, but not tempering it. You could probably case-harden the iron, though, using the carbon from the charcoal. Or just turn it into steel. The more you know.))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:07:58 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 07, 2017, 12:58:24 am »

Nix

Keep stabbing this tougher-than-average bear.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2017, 05:13:16 am »

Cast mud to rock last time on the new room, then do it this time, I guess. Then eat & rest again.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2017, 06:07:11 am »

((True, but for truly exceptional swords such as the Japanese samurai blades, they were constructed with a hard edge and a soft spine, so they could cut well but bend and not shatter.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2017, 06:22:27 am »

((True, but for truly exceptional swords such as the Japanese samurai blades, they were constructed with a hard edge and a soft spine, so they could cut well but bend and not shatter.))
<...katanas were not actually any better than European swords. It's more that they were made for a different purpose; a samurai sword fight was intended to end in a single strike (like a quick-draw duel from a Western), while European fights generally involved two guys wrestling with their swords and shields until one guy can slip a knife into the other guy's armor.>
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 07, 2017, 06:27:12 am »

Quote from: Glass
-snip-
That is true, although European blades we're seldom designed to Pierce armor. Blunt weapons were generally used for that as they are more effective at ignoring armor.
I simply meant the forging technique, which, combined with traditional blade style, could probably make superior weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 72