Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: The Noble Houses of Falas (Full)  (Read 6958 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: The Noble Houses of Falas (Full)
« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2017, 04:46:32 am »

In other questions, what about Elite Units (for us)? Or would those just be the Slayer units mentioned in your price list?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2017, 05:36:49 am »

Scouts can be fairly cheap, and like the military units can have varying tiers and specializations. If you're looking for just a basic scout, I's probably 200 to build and 100 to maintain. 

Maintenance decreasing buildings are a very very tricky thing for me. Getting rid of that maintenance cost makes things very complicated. Its something I really want to avoid. It seriously damages the unit and building power balance.

So elite units are the most powerful units available to players right now. This includes wardens, vampire knights, and mercenaries. They're stronger than soldiers, and much much stronger than militias. Slayers are also considered elite units, but are sort of in their own class (as they get an incredible bonus against giant threats). The Old Kingdom has several units that I'm classifying them as the Royals. They're basically the last true powerhouses of the Old Kingdom. One such example is the Royal Dragonslayer (singular, there is just one right now) which is basically just a trump card against their target of choice. Furthermore, mages and magic users are also considered elite units due to, ya know, magic.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2017, 10:14:57 am »

Is there any way the dead can be divided up and named, as the wilderness was? That might help with communicating maritime threats, and I'm hoping it would also help keep a little bit of attention on the seas.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2017, 10:52:57 am »

Is there any way the dead can be divided up and named, as the wilderness was? That might help with communicating maritime threats, and I'm hoping it would also help keep a little bit of attention on the seas.
...I think you meant seas?

Maintenance decreasing buildings are a very very tricky thing for me. Getting rid of that maintenance cost makes things very complicated. Its something I really want to avoid. It seriously damages the unit and building power balance.
Hmm, fair enough. I wasn't looking to get rid of maintenance entirely, just reduce it, but still, I see your point.
Long Live United Forenia!

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2017, 11:23:45 am »

...I think you meant seas?

Hmm, fair enough. I wasn't looking to get rid of maintenance entirely, just reduce it, but still, I see your point.

Lol, yes. Sorry, was posting from my phone.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2017, 12:28:11 pm »

Ok, I the turn update is good to go, all of your Summer events have been chosen, and in ready to crunch some numbers on updating your incomes. Buuuuut, only 80% of you have posted or PM'd actions.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2017, 12:33:35 pm »

Ok, I the turn update is good to go, all of your Summer events have been chosen, and in ready to crunch some numbers on updating your incomes. Buuuuut, only 80% of you have posted or PM'd actions.
Who who are the 20% that still need to?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2017, 12:33:50 pm »

Not to sound impatient, but if their actions don't materialise in the next hour or two, perhaps you should just run the update out there anyway, and assume that they took no actions this turn, consequences be damned. I mean, you've asked for actions to be submitted several times.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2017, 12:39:32 pm »

Not to sound impatient, but if their actions don't materialise in the next hour or two, perhaps you should just run the update out there anyway, and assume that they took no actions this turn, consequences be damned. I mean, you've asked for actions to be submitted several times.

Nah, go with the original plan, and assume they took their sweet time in actually seceding from the old kingdom if you do that.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2017, 02:31:01 pm »

Yeah, I'm not going to wait much longer, as the first players have had to wait an excessive amount of time as it is.

I'm going to go with the "They're still in the Old Kingdom" bit (which means they're safe from giant monsters right now).

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2017, 03:06:43 pm »

Ok summer of 351 is up, but I haven't written up the monsterous section yet. Meanwhile, playerws will get their PMs with updated info as well as the results of their actions last turn.

Be forewarned, I've had over 60 separate PMs since this game started (and we haven't really even completed the first turn. Sending a PM is dangerous in that it may get overlooked. If I don't respond in a timely manner, try re sending the PM, I probably just missed it.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 28, 2017, 03:33:17 pm »

Hmm. Is there maybe some better mode of communication we could utilise?
Or should we endeavour to ask all but the most sensitive of questions in this thread, in spoilers if need be, and trust others not to read them?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 28, 2017, 03:38:55 pm »

Academia and illness double-teamed up "Hulk Hogan/Macho Man Randy Savage" to kick my ass last night, so I concede my first turn. I'll try to get around to responding in a more timely manner.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2017, 05:00:18 pm »

Or should we endeavour to ask all but the most sensitive of questions in this thread, in spoilers if need be, and trust others not to read them?
Discord. That is all I have to say when it comes to good communication.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2017, 05:21:18 pm »

Discord. That is all I have to say when it comes to good communication.
Discord's really useful. I could set one up if you guys wanted me to.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11