Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34698 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #720 on: October 06, 2017, 08:43:06 pm »

And i didn't give you your two acts from Chichisy worship.

Fixed it, its four acts now like it should be.

Jeez you people now i can't sleep in anticipation of all these gambits... :P

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 06, 2017, 09:23:38 pm »

I do believe I should have 3 Acts this turn, not 2, since I had two last turn.

Unless I'm mistaken somehow?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 07, 2017, 03:00:29 am »

So, Ghaz. Now that Jerick has played the QUEEN of Shadows, that means I'm off the leash, right? Unlike Varalin, I can act on the subject of the gambit as much as I like- or even just personally go to lay some beatdown on them, yeah?

I mean, obviously it also means I'm Lifeslayer lunch, but, you know, always look on the bright side.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 07, 2017, 04:22:42 am »

Okay first things first:

To a query in pms: Knights can "disable" other cards in so far as they can selectively wound or weaken them. Aka if you play magi or hounds you win or you lose. With knight you can win and kill or win and wound or lose instead.

Now that out of the way next thing.
You are off the leash yes. The question is lay a beatdown on whom? there is no one in the gambit but you and the Lifeslayer. As in physically present. But yeah you are free to lay on the acts within the gambit area...except the one that would kill the Lioaesda since thats the one which is disputed.
Basically if you throw in another act now the other side could go "nope" and start a gambit within a gambit within a gambit for the sole purpose of intervening in that act too.

So basically we have the war of wrath in which you are, then we have the secondary gambit of the destruction of the liosaeda and then the tertiary gambit of act prevention...as an example. To stop youf rom using that one they would however need yet another lifeslayer card or something else to keep you from doing whatever.

@Madman: corrected should be the correct act numbers for your house now.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 07, 2017, 06:52:35 am »

You are off the leash yes. The question is lay a beatdown on whom? there is no one in the gambit but you and the Lifeslayer. As in physically present. But yeah you are free to lay on the acts within the gambit area...except the one that would kill the Lioaesda since thats the one which is disputed.
Basically if you throw in another act now the other side could go "nope" and start a gambit within a gambit within a gambit for the sole purpose of intervening in that act too.

So basically we have the war of wrath in which you are, then we have the secondary gambit of the destruction of the liosaeda and then the tertiary gambit of act prevention...as an example. To stop youf rom using that one they would however need yet another lifeslayer card or something else to keep you from doing whatever.
But... the goal of the gambit, for me, is to exterminate the Lioaesda. If I can't do that even by using cards, then how am I supposed to win the gambit?
If one can prevent the other side from achieving their goals in a gambit by opening a new gambit... then what's stopping me from opening a gambit to stop Ralkieis or Kol from killing me? Why would you ever lose a gambit if you can just start a new one?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 07, 2017, 07:08:47 am »

Ah i think you misunderstood.

You opened a gambit by using an act which Ralkiesis opposed. Now if you start another act within the gambits confines it either goes through if no one opposes it, or if someone opposes it it causes another gambit.

Basically at the moment you say you destroy the Lioaesda, Ralkiesis says no, so gambit happens. Now until you make Ralkiesis lose the Gambit, your act does not go through. At the moment that means defeating lightslayer, which is sent directly to kill you and thus prevent you from using said act, or making Ralkiesis withdraw some other way.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 07, 2017, 07:47:11 am »

Ah. See, that wasn't clear. Because it says in the gambit description that my goal is to destroy the Lioaesda, versus Ralkieis' goal of defeating me. Now you're telling me my goal is to defeat Ralkieis. Which, okay, fair enough. But you can understand my confusion.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 07, 2017, 07:48:45 am »

double post.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:52:40 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 07, 2017, 07:52:28 am »

Would my action count as joining a gambit?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 07, 2017, 09:46:26 am »

@Nuke, your goal is still to kill the Lioaesda, but to do that you need to remove any and all opposition in your way. In this case lifeslayers and any other cards thrown in your way this turn, if none of them can stop you, then you will simply end the gambit by destroying the Lioaesda.

@Micelus, it depends if you want to go through with your action and if Roboson goes through with trying to stop you. If you turn around you do not enter the gambit, if you go through with it and Roboson enters it, you are comitted, with all the ramifications included.

I will count all divine avatars (the Sybil and the Avatar of Yeg'Greth) as direct manifestation of said god. So if you end up in a gambit with that creature you will enter it personally with all ramifications that will bring.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 07, 2017, 10:02:30 am »

So you can join yourself in a gambit without having the [Whoever you are] card?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 07, 2017, 10:19:13 am »

Yes, but only when opening the Gambit.

Example going: Lu attacks Varalin, would open a gambit in which both characters are existent in the gambit, without either having played cards yet.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 07, 2017, 10:25:32 am »

Example going: Lu attacks Varalin, would open a gambit in which both characters are existent in the gambit, without either having played cards yet.
This would also lead to Acter getting involved immediately, because hell no.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 07, 2017, 10:27:10 am »

indeed it would but acter himself would not be in the initial gambit. If you had a king of house acter card, then yes.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 07, 2017, 10:29:50 am »

I can promise you, if Varalin was attacked, Acter would step in immediately, because that would not just be an attack on Varalin, he would interpret it as an attack on his entire House. That wouldn't be the god Lu attacking the god Varalin, that would be the god Lu attacking the House of Acter, with the members of the gambit the latter one would imply.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52