Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34728 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #630 on: September 23, 2017, 01:59:57 pm »

He just took all of my people, including the ones that I made with a blank slate, away from me, as well as a large portion of my power. Not because of anything I did, but because my consort did a thing without realizing that it affected the Gambit. I have ample reason to dislike this guy.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 23, 2017, 03:38:12 pm »

He's an uppity mortal.

Now, that is a thoroughly Greek method of dealing with my problems, so I have many other reasons to despise him. Mostly for being a hypocrite, for he despises us for not caring about his people, while he lead a WAR BAND to kill everyone who wouldn't agree with him.

Also, I'm the only god with the skill to make such a fine tapestry. Also, it's not going to be torture, it's going to be this universe's first official justice-hammering. I am the God of Making, Forging, and Hitting Things, making me the best choice for caving in skulls like his.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 23, 2017, 03:42:52 pm »

Now that I think about it...
FallacyofUrist: No matter what, Kol will not be imprisoned this turn. The earliest it could happen is next turn, since the gambit hasn't started yet. So your conditional will never fire. If you tried to do the fruits anyway, I think Kol's influence would prevent you from acting within the caves.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 23, 2017, 05:38:10 pm »

Not exactly, he would start another Gambit in which he would vie with Kol over the Caves and whether he can act therein or not.

As for the Warband thing. Wouldn't call that a hypocrite. Its one thing caving anothers head in because you want their women and their goodies.
Its an entirely different thing driving an entire species to nigh unfunctionality through actions which drive them insane just because, then blinding the whole lot of them, then drugging them (yes yes i know hyperbole people), then murdering a few hundred of them just because, imprisoning another because fuck you, then mindfucking them in fifteen different ways before telling them they have to live this and that way.

And i am not sure i covered everything. Kol genuinely cares about the Acterians and after your entire track record with them, who would fault him for taking offense? That being said Cerediron has no horse in the entire thing thats whats get me confused. There is absolutely no reason for him to do anything in this, apart maybe from the uppity mortal thing.

But after all that Bleeding heart some of you presented in IC it seems rather out of character to simply go off "Lets squash this insect!"

But do go on, thats just my observation, its not like you are engaging a god-hating, "i won't let my people subjected to the likes of you no matter the price", immortal, divine power level being who is entirely willing and able to lay waste to everyone and everything around him...

EDIT: read the IC-post of Cerediron just now...how did i ever assume him to be one of the "good gods" again? Must have passed me by XP

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 23, 2017, 05:44:37 pm »

Varalin gives a fuck about Kol it is just that she isn't in the best of places kinda mentally right now and she's more focused on how badly she had fucked up. Sure shes thinking if it is possible to help Kol....But even if she was in a more clear-headed mindset? What could she do? She couldn't fight him. She couldn't go down and enter the caves and just try to talk with him.

What would Kol even expect of Varalin if she went to speak with him? Would he just laugh at her and then kill her? I don't see a way for Varalin to succeed in any way to right what she did wrong. Hell a lot of her trouble with the Acterians and why she's so focused on them is the fact she feels like this was all her fault in the first place. That the Acterians are miserable and depressed because she didn't and Acter didn't have any idea what she was doing and she blames herself a lot more then she honestly blames acter.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 23, 2017, 11:06:12 pm »

Probably because I've never had reason to actually do anything IC (And I've usually not had the Acts or cards to back it up) , and have a VERY good reason to act OOC, as well as reasons to act IC.

He's violated MY creation (Generally a lesser issue for Cerediron, not sure how he'd react WITHOUT the additional provocations), and now this violent little demigodling has turned into a violent upstart destroyer-of-all-things-good (Especially Glass's surface tribe, which I was hoping to poke some creativity into, since they'd not be violent underground ape-men with the occasional pointy rock).

So, in short, I'm getting involved because my character saw the Acterians, ESPECIALLY Glass's Acterians, as a potential source of creativity, and now Kol is destroying that. Also, he destroyed the works of other gods and generally mocked us. Cerediron's not vain, but he is somewhat proud.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 24, 2017, 03:50:51 am »

Well i completely understand Varalins standpoint and by this point she might have the best chances to fix stuff with the Acterians if she better enough left alone, as is true for basically everyone else. The Acterians have been driven above and beyond, more godly acts certainly won't fix anything by this point.

As for destroying works, its not like he destroyed the surface Acterians, he just brought them back into the "safety" of the caves. Not like they are gonna be sitting in the darkness wallowing in misery down there, by now at least 20 if not more generations have passed, the Acterians are more than comfortable with living in those caves, it has become their natural biome.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 24, 2017, 07:07:07 am »

Ye I can see that.

Also just letting you know I haven't posted an action because I'm waiting for Acter to respond to Varalin which will decide what I do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 24, 2017, 07:33:09 am »

As for destroying works, its not like he destroyed the surface Acterians, he just brought them back into the "safety" of the caves. Not like they are gonna be sitting in the darkness wallowing in misery down there, by now at least 20 if not more generations have passed, the Acterians are more than comfortable with living in those caves, it has become their natural biome.
I had remade them to be suited to surface living, and gave them a complete blank slate without insanity. He took them back underground - all the way from the surface, I'll remind you - to where everyone is batshit insane and people were routinely trying to kill each other. This was not a good thing for them.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 24, 2017, 08:19:58 am »

The important worde here is "were", by the time this gambit is over Kol will have done some radical changes to Acterian society.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 25, 2017, 09:28:05 am »

Anyone else got something they need/want to do? If so, probably should've done it already. Time to move on, yeah?
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 25, 2017, 10:05:46 am »

yeah i was waiting for hte last actions to roll in, especially jerick seems to have gone completely awol.

In any case should the final actions not be there by tomorrow i will continue the update.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 25, 2017, 10:07:48 am »

He's gone AWOL from at least one other game (Specifically C2man's Sindari: Immortals) as well.

So it's probably not like a boycott or anything, he's probably busy in that strange place known as "real life".

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 25, 2017, 05:21:19 pm »

Ive been waiting for glass.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 25, 2017, 05:54:00 pm »

???
I thought we were doing stuff to declare a Gambit against Kol. I thought I did that.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 52