Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34743 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #585 on: September 20, 2017, 08:16:24 am »

I love how this is presented. Just because you lost status nothing is lost.

You can easily recover from this, Kol isn't a deus ex machina that cannot be disarmed, nor has there been any decieving going on.

I am terribly amused that you are still riding on that damn draw despite me iterating five times that the draw was irrelevant to the situation. You didn't get screwed over because i did some obscure rules lawyering, you got screwed over because you simply ignored the warning i gave and don't tell me you weren't warned enough before.

You were told that throwing acts in an active Gambit is a big No-No and that that escalates things. You acted anyway, with three whole acts. that produced lifeslayer and lifeslayer ends the gambit. The gambit ends, it is tallied up and it came out with: Everybody lost. Acter and Varalin because they cheated and lost the Acterians, Lu because he lost the worship and Kol and Phalanalin too because he lost the worship. Tartin is the one that got screwed over by association but that was clear from the beginning that you are tied to your house, in good as in bad times.

Anyhow, those who are still interested are more than welcome to stay, i will continue to GM this and if it stays at these four players (ATH,Roboson,Glass and Madman) we have barely lost one House and still more than enough players to continue.

EDIT: Nevermind. seems like more than posted in here left. Well we will lose two Houses but if the rest wishes to continue, we can simply continue onwards. Would just be four players for now. Alternatively we can put this on hold until more players are interested in joining. Depends on you folks i guess.
I am not suiciding. I am doing what is ic aka trying to save Acter becuase I ic cant really do anything else.I actually still want to play the game but I cant really do anything do to the way my character is personality wise. Varalin is probably done and she is going to try to leave the universe with Acter though which I hope she will succeed with.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:22:27 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 20, 2017, 08:23:11 am »

Not only does Kol fit EXACTLY the definition of "Deus ex machine" (A god, in this case an insanely powerful card, from the machine of the "mechanics"), but the way you've phrased things in several posts has lead to the well-founded belief that he's nigh-untouchable for the gods, simply because of the way you've phrased things.

It's obviously not worth going over again, you've brushed off our arguments by insisting it's in the rules.

You've made your choice, and so have your players. Don't get insulting or demeaning because of it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 20, 2017, 09:02:59 am »

Man Ghaz, why couldn't you just give us a mulligan? It looks like you're losing the players which which liked this game the most, and apparently its all because one player fucked with a gambit so it wrecked everyone in the gambit. If that had just damaged the offending party, then that would have appeared more fair. I really want to stay in this game, but I don't see how I can justify it.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 20, 2017, 09:05:27 am »

Now, hey. It's Ghaz's game, and he's indicated that he doesn't want to change it.
Yes, I would rather he did, because I was enjoying it so far.
But it is, in the end, up to him.
Long Live United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 20, 2017, 09:12:13 am »

Sure its up to him, which is why I'm requesting a mulligan. I've had some time to sleep on it and I don't give a fuck on who's right and who's wrong. Sure I still have my opinions on that, but it doesn't matter.

I'm asking for a mulligan not because of any arguments of rules or justice or fairness. I'm asking because I like this game and would rather we all come to some agreement.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 20, 2017, 09:20:10 am »

Fine, i see the point of being randomly screwed over as a real shitshow and mood killer.

I'm willing to throw out any loss of status, acts and cards and what else we had for Lu, Phalanalin and Tartin.

In effect the change would boil down to the Gambit ending, Kol coming into existence, the House of Acter being diminished, the Acterians taken out of divine influence for now...and i think thats it.

For those who basically got suprise screwed through no action of their own they get out of it. However, the other houses who got elevated get that status removed again. The only one being elevated would be the House of Torment, moving past Acter. And if i'm doing my head maths right that would leave 1 act extra for every House instead of great acts for three houses.

That is the compromise i'm willing to make until i figure out how to improve upon the Escalation and Gambit-Escaping/Entry bits.
Actually the Entry/Escaping bit is quite simple to solve: if a god is drawn into a gambit he has the chance to deny it and thus is not drawn into a gambit. There is no further loss for him or her involved.
As for Draws, Escaping and Escalation i'll work something out on that, and for now write a clearer ruling on stuff down in the OP-Rule Post.

Is that agreeable at least to some of you?

and what the heck is a mulligan? (i am not a native speaker sorry)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 20, 2017, 09:24:50 am »

He's asking for a do-over. I think. It's a magic the gathering thingy
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 20, 2017, 09:26:02 am »

I agree to these terms. Thank you Ghaz, I really appreciate it.

A mulligan is a golf term, but it's used in other games too. Basically in golf if you take a swing that is so poor that you are informally given a redo/do over, despite it being against the rules of the game to redo your shot.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 20, 2017, 09:33:43 am »

Hmm. Well, I suppose I'd be willing to come back with those changes. Not necessarily due to the results, but more due to the willingness to change things.

Though I'd still say that Acter&Varalin's punishment seems harsh- but I guess it's up to them to determine how they feel about that.

E:(I've retracted my IC quitting action for now)

E2: Wikipedia has a pretty good description of a mulligan:
Quote from: Wikipedia
A mulligan is a second chance to perform an action, usually after the first chance went wrong through bad luck or a blunder. Its best-known meaning is in golf, whereby a player is informally allowed to replay a stroke, even though this is against the formal rules of golf.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:37:57 am by NUKE9.13 »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 20, 2017, 09:59:57 am »

I'll consider it. Too busy right now to really think about it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 20, 2017, 03:07:36 pm »

Either way unless acter changes his action/Gm is merciful/Varalin is lucky or particularly impressive and her action is successful and she manages to get acter and herself away from Kol without dying Varalin is probably done. Unless like Kol is defeated by that great act.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 20, 2017, 04:52:28 pm »

Either way unless acter changes his action/Gm is merciful/Varalin is lucky or particularly impressive and her action is successful and she manages to get acter and herself away from Kol without dying Varalin is probably done. Unless like Kol is defeated by that great act.
Long story short, I have a Crown and attempted to use it so that Kol would Surrender to our judgement this round, so both of them would likely have survived.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 20, 2017, 05:02:44 pm »

I'll apply anyway.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 20, 2017, 05:09:55 pm »

Whelp, I've been cajoled into not leaving. I'll try to think of a more cautious action for Acter to take. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ghaz, you did make the new batch of Acterians surface Acterians, right?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:14:46 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 20, 2017, 05:11:16 pm »

Can you play cards outside of a gambit?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52