Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34749 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #570 on: September 19, 2017, 05:18:43 pm »

I feel screwed over ;-;
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 19, 2017, 05:21:52 pm »

Well, it's over. I'm going to go post my super-complete-end-game response and blow the world to bits.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 19, 2017, 05:22:03 pm »

Most of the problem is that we all do.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 19, 2017, 05:25:48 pm »

I'm Sorta just pissed I just got in the previous turn, and everyone is already jumping ship just because ONE THING WENT WRONG.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 19, 2017, 05:30:45 pm »

Sorry Crazyable. :-/

Issue's that we feel Ghaz flaunted the rules to screw us over, so while we'd enjoyed the game, we don't think we can really work with this.
Again: we're not leaving because things went badly. We're leaving because it feel like things went badly without a good reason for them to have done so. Sorry that you're suffering for it.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 19, 2017, 05:41:45 pm »

Sorry Crazyable. :-/

Issue's that we feel Ghaz flaunted the rules to screw us over, so while we'd enjoyed the game, we don't think we can really work with this.
Again: we're not leaving because things went badly. We're leaving because it feel like things went badly without a good reason for them to have done so. Sorry that you're suffering for it.
The Entire way I read what Ghaz said was that "The Thing went down for too long, and too many people were playing Highcards, then ACTS which you aren't suppost to be able to use in a gambit were severely used leading to massive power increase, finally the mad Kol was set free just as people made an a deal that was already broken, thus he had two choices for ending that whole thing since technically no one won and he chose the less world destroying one so we could continue."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 19, 2017, 05:44:35 pm »

It is partly because some of us feel deceived as well I imagine by the op. Since it seems a different game than what was advertised. I expected gambits to not be as easy to get in then this. I expected the gambits to be a kinda side thing that set it apart from other games but that at essence this is a god game but with different combat.

I ask that if you do continue this game. please make it clearer what you wanted with this game because It doesn't seem the same as what is happening in game. Noir do most of the players really know what you wanted from the beginning and as such you got a bunch of players who expected something different than what you gave and you can't blame them for expecting something else then what you imagined when your op doesn't coincide with what you told us.

I am going to play until Varalin goes. Mainly becuase I wouldent want to abandon them and want their story to reach their conclusion whether it is death or someone surviving. I want something and I actually like your writing.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 19, 2017, 05:51:34 pm »

Its more like one thing went wrong so badly that it destroyed basically everything that had happened so far and also made it impossible to recover. And the way it went wrong... well it's been covered enough. IMO the way to deal with it would have been to tell us that we couldn't do that and just continue the gambit with a "The gambit is still ongoing, no one has won yet."

For me its not that the game wasn't as advertised, it's that the rules of the game were unclear and certain actions should be impossible under what explanation we had. Its not that this result just sucks, it sucks because we had no idea, could not have had any idea, and can't do anything about it. If it was clear that this would happen, that it was against the rules, and the results of us attempting to do this were explained, then it would be fine. But that didn't happen, we just got blindsided and couldn't react before everything we strived for was gone and we were crippled.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 19, 2017, 06:01:36 pm »

Just gave my best attempt at an ic action. Said action is saving the dumbass she loves and trying to get outta dodge.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 19, 2017, 06:27:19 pm »

Wow, we messed up so badly, gods are going insane.

Welp time for an afterlife.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 20, 2017, 03:53:12 am »

I love how this is presented. Just because you lost status nothing is lost.

You can easily recover from this, Kol isn't a deus ex machina that cannot be disarmed, nor has there been any decieving going on.

I am terribly amused that you are still riding on that damn draw despite me iterating five times that the draw was irrelevant to the situation. You didn't get screwed over because i did some obscure rules lawyering, you got screwed over because you simply ignored the warning i gave and don't tell me you weren't warned enough before.

You were told that throwing acts in an active Gambit is a big No-No and that that escalates things. You acted anyway, with three whole acts. that produced lifeslayer and lifeslayer ends the gambit. The gambit ends, it is tallied up and it came out with: Everybody lost. Acter and Varalin because they cheated and lost the Acterians, Lu because he lost the worship and Kol and Phalanalin too because he lost the worship. Tartin is the one that got screwed over by association but that was clear from the beginning that you are tied to your house, in good as in bad times.

Anyhow, those who are still interested are more than welcome to stay, i will continue to GM this and if it stays at these four players (ATH,Roboson,Glass and Madman) we have barely lost one House and still more than enough players to continue.

EDIT: Nevermind. seems like more than posted in here left. Well we will lose two Houses but if the rest wishes to continue, we can simply continue onwards. Would just be four players for now. Alternatively we can put this on hold until more players are interested in joining. Depends on you folks i guess.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:00:00 am by Ghazkull »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 20, 2017, 04:00:45 am »

I have quit also, in case my IC action was unclear. Not because I am upset at the losses encurred, but because the system presented just isn't fun.
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 20, 2017, 04:46:57 am »

I really think the rules need an overhaul tbh. I'm not going to argue because it's pointless, but that's ma opinion.

But if you really want to continue the game, id wait for more players.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 20, 2017, 04:56:12 am »

Actually, I've been following the game since it started. This turn's issues don't bother me as much as the others, and I'm ready to join to make up for the loss of players.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 20, 2017, 05:59:17 am »

Awesome! Post up an app and i'll get you in as soon as possible.

@micelus: yeah, this is the first proper playtest ive got out of the ruleset, i will probably introduce changes in the future (read that as not forseeable but probably still within this game). I still like the idea of this entire gambit thing being a big game of chicken, with nuclear bombs and when one presses the red button everyone loses, but i see the issue that being dragged into such a game out of no volition of your own, with barely a way to escape the nukeing so to say is annoying. Well we'll see how the game further develops maybe i find something...

EDIT:@Felissan The Throne of Twisting Shadows and that of Acter are empty, you can claim them if you wish.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:28:37 am by Ghazkull »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 52