Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34818 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #285 on: September 08, 2017, 06:06:20 am »

Jerick, in regards to your sick burns, I'm not going to answer them IC since they were not directed at me.
OOC, though, I have one complaint. Most of the things you said are, or could be interpreted to be, true (I may have messed up a little). However, how can you, as the god of Truth, claim that I am escalating things? I didn't create seven monsters to terrorise the mortals, I simply sent a monster down to talk to them. I have made no aggresive acts. My only action in this gambit (that you know of) was a de-escalating move.
I mean, maybe you see things differently. But it seems to me that that particular claim is objectively false. Please explain if you think differently.
Long Live United Forenia!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 08, 2017, 06:16:47 am »

On reflection you're right I shouldn't have included that and have removed it  :-[. While I don't think your move will de-escalate anything since that mortal was clearly one of Lu's cards and taking him out of play like that will prompt some sort of response, but saying that you are escalating things to violence and murder is objectively false and I'm sorry for that. Also it was directed at you as well. Ralkieis is rather direct and sent that to all the gods Phalanalin included. My fault for not being very clear about that. So feel free to respond IC.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:24:01 am by Jerick »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2017, 08:02:28 am »

Escalation in terms of a gambit has a specific mechanical meaning, in that playing more powerful cards openly leads to greater destruction. By removing a card from play, I, from a gambit-mechanics standpoint, am de-escalating.
And I mean, what could I have done, in your opinion, that would be a less aggressive move?
Short of conceding the gambit, that is- you saw what's at stake. Madman got a flipping Great Act for 'winning' a gambit in which he did literally nothing, in which his 'opponent's' first move was conceding. I would be a fool to just give up- in a gambit that I didn't start, I'll remind you. Refusing to surrender to a bully can not be considered aggressive.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 08, 2017, 08:15:15 am »

Morning I shall probably be back in like. 8 hours.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2017, 10:59:51 am »

On reflection you're right I shouldn't have included that and have removed it  :-[. While I don't think your move will de-escalate anything since that mortal was clearly one of Lu's cards and taking him out of play like that will prompt some sort of response, but saying that you are escalating things to violence and murder is objectively false and I'm sorry for that. Also it was directed at you as well. Ralkieis is rather direct and sent that to all the gods Phalanalin included. My fault for not being very clear about that. So feel free to respond IC.

At this point in the game we don't have a lot of cards to play. By imprisoning my card, that forces me to use a more deadly tool in the gambit. While I'm the one escalating, I now only do so because its all I can really do at this point...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2017, 11:03:57 am »

You could do nothing, you know. If you don't have anything appropriate, you can just wait till you draw something better.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2017, 11:05:51 am »

Nah, as you said, there is a shiny reward for the winner of the gambit. Plus I'm curious to see how the escalation process goes.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2017, 11:13:34 am »

Hah! You weren't kidding when you said escalation.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2017, 11:25:48 am »

:( No I really wasn't. It will probably turn out terribly, but I'm ok with that. Eventually we're going to start playing big cards, so this will be a learning experience.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2017, 11:33:16 am »

Can we please just end the gambit already and agree to figure this out in a different way :'(
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2017, 11:36:27 am »

Do you still get a reward for 'winning' a gambit if you don't actually get what you were fighting for? In the hypothetical situation, say, that one wiped out the race of creatures you wanted to worship you, would that still count as a win if the other side concedes?

Can we please just end the gambit already and agree to figure this out in a different way :'(
I didn't start the gambit. I'm not going to surrender and hand my rival a flipping great act. Get Lu to step off first, and I'll happily leave the Acterians alone for the rest of existence.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2017, 11:40:00 am »

Please see my response to Lu's action in the IC thread. My issue here is with what has happened. That being said, I've talked with Roboson, and his choices were limited here.

Overall, though, I'd really rather you both just leave the Acterians alone and let them figure out for themselves how reality works. Worship can come later.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2017, 11:41:47 am »

Look on the bright side Glass now you won't be blocked for interfering in the gambit because you're likely going to get drawn in to protect your creations.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2017, 11:42:11 am »

>:(

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 08, 2017, 11:46:44 am »

Actually, wouldn't that start a separate gambit between Lu and Acter? Since A)The goal of the gambit would be different and B)Phalanalin has no stake in the matter.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52