Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34731 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #615 on: September 22, 2017, 08:00:25 am »

You can open one against him, yes.

discarded cards may end up in players hands or go back into the deck based on random chance.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 22, 2017, 01:07:52 pm »

Alright, so, if I understand correctly, Kol was able to become the Lifeslayer because someone had it in their hand, and it 'played itself', yes? So if no one has a Lifeslayer card in hand, this fiasco can't repeat itself? Or have I misunderstood?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got confirmation on Discord. I'm discarding Lifeslayer, and taking it on trust that if someone else gets it they will discard it too, until it gets shuffled back into the deck.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:53:27 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 22, 2017, 11:06:52 pm »

Glass Varalin posted at you just letting ye know.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 23, 2017, 03:30:26 am »

Alright, so, how's this work, then?
Do I just declare that I am attacking Kol, and play the Deathslayer right away? Or will it take a turn for the gambit to start?
Do I have to choose a mortal to become it, or do I just play it and it automagically gets assigned to an appropriate mortal?
Does Kol have his own hand with which to fight back?
Is Deathslayer VS Lifeslayer an automatic win for the Deathslayer?
Is Kol irrevocably bound to the position of Lifeslayer, or can the two be separated?

I would just act and trust the GM to interpret my actions as I intended them, but, you know, that hasn't worked out well in the past.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:32:06 am by NUKE9.13 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 23, 2017, 04:27:20 am »

You declare the attack, it will turn into a gambit next turn. That is to give everyone ample warning and preparation time, in case someone decides to oppose you. Mind opposing parties do not necessarily have to be declared openly in a gambit, some of the weaker houses might prefer to work from the shadows...especially emergent houses are built to profit from such plays.. So if Varalin wants to save Kol she could do so with concealed cards...of course once her cards are revealed it basically becomes obvious who is on which side.

As for Deathslayer, as always when cards are assigned to mortals i will offer you a variety of folks which are already existing and might fit the role or might be interesting for it and you can choose among them. Alternatively we work something out as to who might come conveniently into existence for it.

Kol has no hand, he might however get support from other unaligned cards if they exist or are in the field. Currently there are none so theres that.
Deathslayer vs Lifeslayer is always a win for Deathslayer unless somebody plays coin or obelisk, to change the outcome.

He is not irrevocably bound to it, should he become an effective non-entity he will be reduced to uncarded figure of importance. Basically sealed evil in a can style. Lorewise, the Deck would retract its protection of him, since he has become worthless as a card.
Mechanics wise he is no longer Lifeslayer at that point. The Card would go back into the deck so to say until somebody else plays it on someone else...or frees Kol. Should Kol become Lifeslayer again the responsible party would need to start a gambit to free him. In the other case Kol would be decreased to a last house level king. (so he would be the same level of strength as Varalin currently is) Mechanically if somebody were to free him, he would be an utterly unbound npc card doing its own thing, but not truly belonging to a house. At that point he could be more or less be enticed to help out in gambits or even join a house as a Knight or for those gods dwelling alone in their houses, as a consort.

That was a tangent but to answer what you probably intended with that question: nope you cannot seperate the two, it will be done by me when i deem Kol to be basically irrelevant to the story (basically if you seal him away and i notice that lifeslayer won't become a thing ever again if it stays with him) at which point he will be quietly freed of his power, something only the Lifeslayer card holder will be informed of, to avoid you guys camping in front of his prison ready to kill him.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 23, 2017, 05:37:36 am »

If a consort makes a card, it can be controlled by their king, yes?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 23, 2017, 05:49:26 am »

WElla s a consort you can't make cards. You can create someone who can be turned into a card for your house. Example you creating Shub-Niggurath Mother of Goats a Knight-Level Demigod. Now your Ruler could go: okay we take that one, thats going to be our new knight, at which point he can play the knight of truth to rbing shub-niggurath in, or  he can say nope in which case we have an uncarded unaligned demigod running around, which can be brought in to a house by anyone.
...the disadvantages of being a consort.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 23, 2017, 05:50:31 am »

Noted.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 23, 2017, 08:32:13 am »

What are the advantages of being a consort?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 23, 2017, 08:40:41 am »

less politics
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 23, 2017, 08:48:05 am »

^basically the entire option of consort is for those players who a) dont want to deal with politics as much and b) dont want to handle the cards...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 23, 2017, 12:47:26 pm »

Also i just now realized how Cerediron turned from Maker to bloodthirsty torturer for no apparent reason at all Oô care to explain the reasoning there Madman?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 23, 2017, 12:49:48 pm »

Kol. We've all been discussing him. Nobody is happy with him, and we want him to be suitably punished.
IIRC, Madman gave an IC reason of "Kol is destroying a bunch of things, also he's an upstart mortal and we can't have that." 
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 23, 2017, 12:55:20 pm »

That, and Kol violated the sanctity of his hall. Cerediron has plenty of reasons to want Kol to get smote.

PS: Fallacy, I urge you to reconsider your fruit shenanigans. We should just leave the Acterians alone for a few turns.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 23, 2017, 01:48:45 pm »

Heh. I love how you suddenly go around justifying violence of all kinds against him XD

The man just showed up, broke out of a prison he was thrown in for no reason, told you all to go fuck yourselves with your constant interference amongst his people and threw out the various servants who were hanging out in the caves.

True he violated the sanctity of ceredirons halls but for two reasons: to act as an agent of the deck and to tell you "Sod off, Baldrick".

Indeed, the Gods of Good have ample reason to rein this evildoer in :P

playing devils advocate here by the way, i have no opinion on the whole matter, just observing this with much interest.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 52