Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34730 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #600 on: September 20, 2017, 05:16:29 pm »

Hm. So many people are staying right now, I can't really destroy the universe in good conscience. Anyway, I think I'll stay as well. I'm likely going to be in the background for now, however.

I'll go edit my action, if the latest turn's been updated, to concur better with the revised turn. And also to not destroy the entire solar system with a massive war hammer.

BEFORE I get to the background-staying, however, there is an upstart godling that needs crushing.

EDIT:
If we engage Kol, does it trigger a Gambit, or is it going to be a non-gambit attack by just the one guy with Deathslayer?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:32:41 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 20, 2017, 05:43:48 pm »

Whelp, I've been cajoled into not leaving. I'll try to think of a more cautious action for Acter to take. Any ideas?
Look for a new source of power? Attempt to domesticate the psychotic lizardmen I made? Bide your time and wait for a good time to strike?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 20, 2017, 05:46:12 pm »

Well, I set up surface Acterians. I wanted to make them an actual race that could accomplish stuff.
But first, I think a lot of us are planning to remove Kol for the equation.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 20, 2017, 05:51:21 pm »

Acter make sure to tell me if you edit your action so I can change mine.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 20, 2017, 06:25:52 pm »

Acter make sure to tell me if you edit your action so I can change mine.
Nothing about this had ever gone right.
Nothing had ever improved.
Everything just kept slipping further and further down, toward death, decay, and destruction.

Acter was sick of it. So he went to do something about it.

He inscribed in the Hall: if I, Acter, die, the House belongs to Varalin.

He went to the tunnels and entered Kol's domain.

He went to Kol, and fought.

And as he fought, he put all the power he had and had ever had into permanently removing Kol from anywhere that he could ever destroy anyone else's hopes and dreams ever again.

Enough was enough.

[I'll do... something. I'm still planning on taking action against Kol, but more cautiously.]
Does that count as an action change? because I think it does.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 21, 2017, 02:27:59 am »

I actually liked Kol >_>

I'd do something to save him but I don't think consorts get cards~
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 21, 2017, 02:34:34 am »

Well, we'll see how the turn gets changed. Maybe post-retcon Kol won't be such a massive pain in the ass.
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 21, 2017, 02:39:38 am »

But that's what I like about him ;_;

He was Cursed, Damned and was supposedly going to be quite Worthy. I.e., my spheres.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 21, 2017, 05:11:21 am »

for now i ask that you folks who have already posted actions, just completely delete the entire posts until i have redone the turn.

Basically the entire turn update will be redone.

That being said, simply throwing an act at someone isn't going to work, not on anyone within the gambit system.
Just like you can't kill a god with a great act/normal act you can't kill anyone else who is in the Deck of Dragons.
Yup plot armor of the highest order for everyone, also because i exactly wanted to remove killing gods/divines/demigods/whathaveyou by simply pushing the big red act button.

Beyond that, Lifeslayer cannot be killed. Once created he will hang around until the end of times as a foil to the gods, as this great big wild card who you can't really 100% control. That was by the way the intention for Lifeslayer even before Kol showed up.
Only a Deathslayer can weaken him enough to seal him away.

Afterwards while being imprisoned/sealed away any of you can start a gambit to free him again.

All of that being said, the idea behind Lifeslayer is the great gambit ender card. Something that escalates even beyond people throwing down with Gods. If you have a Herald and can convince him to help you, you have for the period of one gambit basically won, unless somebody throws down with Deathslayer.

If you folks are worried about the Strength of the Card, remember that Lifeslayer has less than half a percent chance of showing up on anyones hand. And no matter how hard you escalate, a card has to be on someones hand to be played or to play itself.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 21, 2017, 05:51:54 am »

If I complete Iya's sheet before this turn gets retconned, does he join now?
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 21, 2017, 06:04:51 am »

aye

EDIT: I just realized that it wasn't really made clear. If it comes to a confrontation, Lifeslayer can be defeated and even weakened. He just cannot be killed. So throwing servants at him just to prevent him from doing stuff is a viable strategy and a possibly successful one too.

In the weakened state he is in strength level below three characters: The Kings of the First and Second House and the Consort of the First House. Should such a confrontation occur, The God(s) fighting him will be left weakened, but can imprison the Lifeslayer without Deathslayer and without chains.

Speaking of Chains, they alone can merely bind Lifeslayer for a single turn. As so many other things it is a temporary solution to buy time.

So in other words, he can be weakened, he can be slowed, he can be imprisoned and he can be outright stopped but you cannot kill him.

EDITEDIT: OP has been updated with clarifications and the entry gambit modifications.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:49:16 am by Ghazkull »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 21, 2017, 11:15:49 am »

My thoughts on the issue are to just post a new update (or the edited one) after the responses to the first and just declare that the actions between the two are non-cannon. If someone fails to delete theirs, thats fine because it's simply ignored. And even if they do delete them, we're still left with a bunch of empty posts that muck up the flow of actions and will make it hard to read in the future (like for the next update). Reposting the update after all of these nonconsiquential actions and declaring them moot would solve  the structural problems of lots of empty posts and/or now non-cannon posts and allow us to work further from that new update in an organized (and readable) way.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 21, 2017, 01:16:32 pm »

EDIT: I just realized that it wasn't really made clear. If it comes to a confrontation, Lifeslayer can be defeated and even weakened. He just cannot be killed. So throwing servants at him just to prevent him from doing stuff is a viable strategy and a possibly successful one too.

In the weakened state he is in strength level below three characters: The Kings of the First and Second House and the Consort of the First House. Should such a confrontation occur, The God(s) fighting him will be left weakened, but can imprison the Lifeslayer without Deathslayer and without chains.

Speaking of Chains, they alone can merely bind Lifeslayer for a single turn. As so many other things it is a temporary solution to buy time.

So in other words, he can be weakened, he can be slowed, he can be imprisoned and he can be outright stopped but you cannot kill him.
Tell me, if a recently heavily demoted threw a single hound and the Lifeslayer while the Obelisk was played in the upturned form, what would happen?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 22, 2017, 06:51:03 am »

Retcon is done, The old turn has been refurbished, you have been sent reorganized versions of your hands...

You can now start posting again, Turn6 is now Turn6b with various changes.

Hound wins thanks to Obelisk uprooted. Lifeslayer would be weakened.
However, if somebody else plays Obelisk uprooted, the uprooted would be uprooted leading back to the original result. If somebody plays another Obelisk rooted, then it would basically amount to the same as if somebody dropped coin.

However if somebody dropped the actual Coin card, Obelisk uprooted would take precedence.

However,however,however...if somebody played a Virgin of some kind and attached him/her/it to the Lifeslayer, Lifeslayer would escape the thing unscathed. Same if someone for some amusing reason decides to use Deathslayer to help Lifeslayer.
...i think that was all permutations of this situation...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 22, 2017, 07:48:45 am »

So, to be clear, can one open a gambit versus Kol? Or can you play cards outside of a gambit?
Like, I'm not going to be coy about this: I have a Deathslayer in my hand. And I intend to use it ASAP to put Kol away for the considerable future. I don't even care about the Acterians- more trouble than they're worth, they can keep to themselves in the caves for a few turns. But Phalanalin will not stand for a Mortal lording over the gods.

EDIT: Do I recall correctly that discarded cards are redistributed to players at random? Or do they just go back in the deck?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:56:41 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52