Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52

Author Topic: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups (always more players welcome)  (Read 34734 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV OOC-Thread, Sign-Ups and General Interest Check
« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2017, 06:31:35 am »

Wait. What. Did my...Islands get retconned?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2017, 06:58:05 am »

I like the floating islands. I think they should stay. I mean, the surface of the First World is supposed to be an utter maelstrom of raw magic. Even if you put air and water and food down there, nothing could survive within the roiling storm of creation and destruction.

Lu's action is totally unnecessary, though. Roboson will want to change that.
Also, since Acter now created the Actans "with knowledge of the gods and of their power", Ralkiesis's obelisk is a lot less informative. It still works as a record of their actions, though.
Long Live United Forenia!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2017, 07:14:04 am »

I made floating islands becuase She saw that the mortals would die if acter just put them on their or at the very least it seems like they would die.I would say that Acter should maybe just stick with it perhaps? They arent omniscent and gods can make mistakes. Which this whole incident basically was.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2017, 07:47:22 am »

Quote from: Nuke9.13
Also, since Acter now created the Actans "with knowledge of the gods and of their power", Ralkiesis's obelisk is a lot less informative. It still works as a record of their actions, though.
I somehow missed that on my first read through of his changes. That completely undermines Phalanalin's attempts to steal the other gods efforts, utterly removes any reason for Ralkieis to deploy that obelisk and in turn undoes any reason whatsoever for conflict between us.

Alright in the interest of not having any future retcons be such a mess here's some retconning etiquette;
1) If you ever retcon anything always clearly announce what it is you're changing and why to everyone else involved and make sure it is visible. People who don't realize a retcon has taken place will cause things to be confusing and messy later. Be very visible and clear when you announce the change.
2) Minimize changes that other players need to make. RP is a little like improv and similarly it relies on a flow of events causing reactions that cause new events. Changing something can disrupt that flow so it's best to minimize the disruption to the other players.
3) Talk the changes over with the players most affected by them. That way you can work out a way to make the changes with minimal disruption to them and they can adept to the changes smoothly.
4) The more that has happened and been effected by the thing you want to change the less you should change it. Posts that are too far back should not be changed at all.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2017, 07:51:45 am »

I actually didn't see that either. Okay that goes way beyond saving acts because of misunderstandings and has reached the point of retcon godmodding.
If it was just for the fact of Glass forgetting to put them in a livable place thats one thing, but actually putting down so many other things which makes all the Turn Orders invalid?

Glass please retcon the retcon in the interest of the Game. Stuff happened as it happened, and putting in a retcon not because of oversight but to give you an edge over the others is unsporting and really not very fun.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 02, 2017, 07:57:47 am »

Quote from: Nuke9.13
I somehow missed that on my first read through of his changes. That completely undermines Phalanalin's attempts to steal the other gods efforts, utterly removes any reason for Ralkieis to deploy that obelisk and in turn undoes any reason whatsoever for conflict between us.

Alright in the interest of not having any future retcons be such a mess here's some retconning etiquette;
1) If you ever retcon anything always clearly announce what it is you're changing and why to everyone else involved and make sure it is visible. People who don't realize a retcon has taken place will cause things to be confusing and messy later. Be very visible and clear when you announce the change.
2) Minimize changes that other players need to make. RP is a little like improv and similarly it relies on a flow of events causing reactions that cause new events. Changing something can disrupt that flow so it's best to minimize the disruption to the other players.
3) Talk the changes over with the players most affected by them. That way you can work out a way to make the changes with minimal disruption to them and they can adept to the changes smoothly.
4) The more that has happened and been effected by the thing you want to change the less you should change it. Posts that are too far back should not be changed at all.
+1
Also.
5. ask your partner if you plan to first if it affects them.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2017, 08:05:22 am »

Yeah, sorry about all that. :(
I'll be honest, I'm the type of person who'll go back and edit my posts multiple times if I'm not happy with them.

In addition, Madman was kinda yelling at me over Dscord, which was frankly the main impetus for me going back and altering all that.

Also: knowledge of the gods and their power does not mean they know which God did which. It means they won't go insane simply from seeing gods do things, because they were created with knowledge of what the gods are.

Going into the future, I will refrain from doing these things again, but I felt that I needed to do them this go around. I'm sorry. :/
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2017, 08:36:29 am »

Tis alright everyone makes mistakes. :P

Also I suspect you may have misinterpreted madman
Quote from: Madman from Discord
Glass, I'm just ribbing you. However, maybe try and help fix this?
He was mostly teasing you and asking for your help making things better for them moving forward. Not to undo what happened but to use your goddly powers to improve your mortal creations and give them a chance a civilization and prosperity.

Quote from: Glass
Also: knowledge of the gods and their power does not mean they know which God did which. It means they won't go insane simply from seeing gods do things, because they were created with knowledge of what the gods are.
That still changes things more than you realize. Phalanalin was trying to steal credit for the works of other gods but if the people knew of the other gods this becomes significantly harder. And Ralkieis would not have intervened so directly (or at all) if the people had a means of realizing the truth on their own. Adding that change means Nuke may or may not need to change his action but it certainly means Ralkieis's action would need change.

Going into the future, I will refrain from doing these things again, but I felt that I needed to do them this go around. I'm sorry. :/
As I said mistakes happen and ultimately we're all here to have a bit of fun so it's no big deal.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2017, 08:51:07 am »

wait does this game have a discord then or was he just talking to madman in pm?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2017, 08:53:15 am »

It was in the offtopic section of a different game's discord

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2017, 09:00:45 am »

This game's Discord. I'd like to suggest you join the linked game.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2017, 09:18:34 am »

Yeah, Glass. Sorry for the unintentional vague-ness, but I did mean moving forwards.

Especially because I'm running my character as caring for the creative-ness of mortals, and your character cares about your mortals, etc.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2017, 09:21:20 am »

This game's Discord. I'd like to suggest you join the linked game.
it...seems kinda intresting cant tell exactly what it is about.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2017, 09:22:03 am »

Quote from: Glass
That still changes things more than you realize. Phalanalin was trying to steal credit for the works of other gods but if the people knew of the other gods this becomes significantly harder. And Ralkieis would not have intervened so directly (or at all) if the people had a means of realizing the truth on their own. Adding that change means Nuke may or may not need to change his action but it certainly means Ralkieis's action would need change.
Well. It does make things harder for me, but in another way makes it easier? On the one hand, I'm not as likely to gain exclusive worship. On the other, I would still be the only one actually asking for it. And this way, I don't have to explain to them what a god is, just say "Hey, I'm one of those gods you've heard of, now worship me plz"
I mean, I wasn't actually trying to steal credit. I was trying to steal worshippers. I use the word 'steal' since I put in zero effort to create or improve these mortals, yet expect some return on my non-existent investment.

So, I'm not going to complicate things further by changing my actions.
Long Live United Forenia!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2017, 09:30:17 am »

Im just waiting for the next Turn now. My god is more of a reactionary type or well they flow better as a reactionary they are perfectly capable of setting things in motion by themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52