Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: create-unit help.  (Read 2513 times)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
create-unit help.
« on: August 24, 2017, 10:55:55 pm »

i think i need to know how to make someone a historical figure, how is this possible without somehow making them kill something somehow? i feel like i am missing a step...

in my example.

start a fresh fort. target over a dwarf and DFhack - Cprobe - this gets my civ ID# , which so far has also been my group id, using the command \\local doesn't seem to work for me at all.

now i create an Otter-man using the command modtools/create-unit -race OTTER_MAN -caste MALE -Nick Fairin -Age 18 -civId # -groupId #

this will create an Otter-man named Fairin, age 18, and put them in my civ and group. and they will immediately talk to the expedition leader for citizenship.

but they cant be assigned any noble positions or anything untill they are an historical figure - i had this issue back in early masterwork with my skeles not wanting to be in the militia. untill they killed something and earned their name.

whats worse if i decide i want i exterminate some dwarves and have a hermit fort instead. none of them can be nobles, invite to the fort or even start a militia untill they manage a kill.

i am running masterwork 1.29. i am aware of hermit mode, but sometimes i just want regular dwarfmode with a few furries thrown in because reasons. or a dragon mayor. or something different.

edit ***

after some more googlefu i discovered an updated command

modtools/create-unit -race OTTER_MAN -caste MALE -nick Fairin -age 18 -setUnitToFort

now i have an otter leader.. yay. capitals are important apparently... now to figure out how to summon some basic clothing for all these furries.. XD
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 11:16:04 pm by Fairin »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: create-unit help.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 09:48:43 am »

create-item will create clothing for a specific unit.