Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Collapse  (Read 2168 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: The Collapse
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 12:40:16 pm »

Chapter 3: Rad rad rad rad rad rad

Walking away from the Epicenter of the town, you take a good wonder to what might actually be out there.

Come to think of it, the building that no one really ever survives in after they scavenge is a fusion power plant. The descriptions of the big metal sphere in the center supports your theory, as does the fact that everyone who enters usually perishes a week after they visit the "cursed" area. You can probably walk to it right now, but you’d rather not die of this newly remembered radiation poisoning thing.

You don’t think you can create the type of anti-exposure suit required without getting some extreme insulation, which would require its own problems. The Power plant is gonna be off-limits for now, but it is very likely to have some great loot. You'd also have to think real hard about that suit.

The other locations you think are available for you to look around is a varied and interesting.

The first of which is a Mass Fabrication yard. All the industrial equipment is likely long gone, but you might find enough raw material to make some interesting metal plates, sculptures or other similar sized objects: Large, bulky metal plates, would probably most common here, You might even find some Fabricator Feedstock.

The Second is a local  Water filtration plant, supposedly infested by creatures, but otherwise mostly a newly discovered place, do the the fact that you recently unearthed the entrance of the place. You might even find an intact water purifier or the sites localized reactor.

The third facility is a Nickel-Osmium mine, notable for being automated. The place still functions to its bare bone extent, the ore dumping zones are overflowing, but it's likely that the top layers are filled with just useless gravel, but you might be able to get some usable resources from the automated machines or otherwise, provided you're able to get past the similarly automated defenses.

The fourth area  is a local town, with a clinic,  housing, library, and even a small farm. It might be infested by Scabbers though.

You think you’ll only have enough time to scavenge one more area before you’ll have to figure out your shelter conditions, after the Incident which razed your previous house.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 01:43:38 pm »

head to the mass fabrication yard and look for lead.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 01:43:43 pm »

My idea: either we loot the yard for materials and make ourselves a hut out of sheet metal, or we try the water plant and set up base there.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 07:47:08 am »

Chapter 4: empty empty empty

It was a short three mile walk, really. The desert heat didn’t help none either. The building itself is rather large, like a warehouse and a factory clobbered together. Ruined remains of auto turrets on barbed wire fences become apparent, which you quickly walk past. Inside the fensing area, there are three entrances. The first of which is a locked blast door, which leads to the Fabrication maintenance bay. The second is forced in, which leads to  the warehouse section, which holds dozens of opened and sealed crates. Cursory glances reveal rusted Steel and copper plate crates among all the open crates which still hold items. There are perhaps other crates, but you would have to spend time either hacking, prying, or blowing them open.

The copper and iron plates are too heavy for you too carry without the tools required to cut them up, and would probably be worthless on the market, but scavenging through some shelves, you did manage to find some Lead Bricks, each of them weighing about 10 kilograms. They appear to be used for  building castles around radioactive materials.

Walking around to the factory proportion of the Fabrication Yard, You note the sprawling conveyor belt system, interconnected by mostly disassembled and looted machines. You could probably look around and figure out some kind of  extra machine parts if you can get--

A loud clatter near the back is heard. You get out your Table leg just in time to witness a angry mutant creature lunging at you, about the size of a fat House cat. Judging from its fangs, it might not even be poisonous, joy.

How are you going to kill this thing?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 07:53:10 am »

Beat it with your table leg, but focus, first and foremost, on not getting hit yourself. It's always worth the extra effort to come out with fewer injuries.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 09:40:12 am »

Kill it!! Can we lob our 10kg lead bricks at it?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 10:54:40 am »

I'd say use the boltdriver to kill it
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 12:52:32 pm »

It's leaping at us you say? Dodge to the left and smack it with the table leg on the head to stun it, then start beating it unconscious. Perhaps we can get a test subject?
EDIT: Oh... I just realized our table leg is made of plastic, so that won't work at all.

Instead smack the table leg on its head with all our might to stun it, then whip out the boltdriver and drive a bolt through its skull.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:54:29 pm by Puppyguard »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 01:16:47 pm »

Please recall, we don't currently have anyway to power the bolt driver. I'm pretty sure that right now, all it works as is a club - and I have no interest in breaking this thing.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2017, 01:18:49 pm »

Right i forgot
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 08:31:21 am »

Chapter 5: RIP AND TEAR

Conveniently pulling out a lead brick, you backstep one step, and dropping it in the creature's way.

The thing conveniently lunged underneath the brick on a path to one of your legs, only to have been intercepted by ten kilograms of lead. Surprisingly, the things still thrashing even after having the weight dropped on it, so you begin whaling on the thing with the club.

It’s snapping sort of angry actions managed to free itself after you slammed your club on it twice, and it lunges towards you once more, albeit with more desperation than anything else.

As it landed a firm gripping bite on your leg, you try and pry it off with your dented plastic club, but it holds firm for three good whacks before you manage to shuck it off, and with one final curbstomp, its dead.

Quickly checking its mouth, you note no type of venom injection, but the teeth appear and feel like they are designed for cutting flesh apart in the most painful way imaginable. Your left thigh was shredded.

You do think you’ll have to deal with the wound soon, probably with your welding tool set on low if you have nothing else to treat it with.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 08:56:23 am »

Take those teeth; we can use them.
Try to find flexible material that we can wrap around our wounds.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2017, 01:23:26 pm »

Chapter 6: Immortality at the fingertips of blood

Wondering about, you managed to find a first aid kit! Half the bandages appear to be soiled and some of the bottles bone dry from leaks, but you manage to cover the flesh wound on your thigh with a sterilizing agent and some gauze cloth.

Pulling out your pliers, you roughly pull out the teeth of the creature, some of the teeth are brittle though. Around a fifth of them broke up into razor sharp shards of teeth, and you cut yourself up slightly and obtain 20 Mutant(1) teeth and 1 pile of teeth shards

You're also slightly spattered with the things blood.

Overall, you think that effort were mostly not that productive.

What do you do?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 07:09:59 am »

[bump]

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2017, 07:14:00 am »

*shrug*
I don't know what to do, and we can't really play this and have it be interesting with only me.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 07:18:54 am by Glass »
Pages: 1 [2] 3