Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Discipline(Murder?) Your Citizens!  (Read 728 times)

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Discipline(Murder?) Your Citizens!
« on: August 22, 2017, 01:23:35 pm »

Does anyone know of or have seen a mod that allows my squads (militia or guards) to attack (s-A-k) a citizen?  I'm generally unsatisfied with the only things which get punishment are assault, murder, and production/trade orders. In addition right now I am trying to simulate a prison and i'd like to be able to order the guards to attack citizens I have designated as prisoners.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: Discipline(Murder?) Your Citizens!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:07:11 pm »

Currently the only way this would be capable in the way you described is through some DFHack wizardry. Even with that I can't guarantee its possible in a way that doesn't break other things.
'ere the Chias get hungry...

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 06:27:34 am »

If this is still useful to you, simple way is to make the victim go berserk. That will let you send the militia dwarves to attack without causing a loyalty cascade.
Plenty of ways to apply a syndrome that does this. The difficulty is if you want to restrain the victim beforehand now they're going to fight back upon hearing their execution.

Now if you want some "non lethal" violence, you can do that too without even needing mods! Just set up a private tavern for just your guards and prisoners with off duty militia dwarves assigned as tavern keepers and soon you too will have a prison riot on your hands! Though since we're modding we could design some sort of super booze...

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 12:25:45 pm »

You could make a drink that has a very small chance of making the drinker go berserk in short intervals for several months.  Sort of like a werewolf potion without the actual transformation.