Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 245

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3) Remake IC thread. Chapter 10: The Tower  (Read 162163 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3) Remake IC thread. Chapter 10: The Tower
« Reply #3525 on: May 19, 2023, 02:19:56 pm »

"So many tomes, this diversity sure is impressive. I take it the library is just as rich?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: May 19, 2023, 02:46:56 pm »

The shopkeeper nodded enthusiastically.

Oh, yes! But it's not exactly open to the public. You'd need permission to access the Library of Xos.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: May 21, 2023, 01:05:57 pm »

"Think anything will explode if I shake it?"

Lavinia hadn't intended to follow Claude after she deposited some spare weapons at the ship, but she'd spotted the back of his head as she made her way through the city crowd and decided to make a quick stop to see what sort of store he was browsing.

Lavinia stores Iron Lance (33/40) in Ship Storage.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: May 22, 2023, 02:46:48 am »

Fer winced as he was told about the tribulations of some of the researchers of Xos.
:"Oof... man, I hate to even think about being in the situation of one of those poor researchers. It's a strange thing, because on my end over in Alvadan archaeological research things are... just kind of the opposite process. You know exactly what you're looking for, and I have the certainty of knowing that it existed thanks to old documentation, but I have no guarantee that it actually exists anymore or that any fruitful means will be open to me to find what I'm looking for until I essentially stumble into it. The breadth of the field helps me to narrow down my possibilities, and there are always other things to find or get involved in which make up the bulk of a career, but frankly it's still almost just as likely that my life's magnum opus completes in the next month as it does in the next twenty years or never. On the other hand, I know I don't have to worry about redundancy, even if it's possible someone else could find it first."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: May 22, 2023, 03:23:53 am »

You have to remember that the Tower wouldn't be the Tower without the type of researchers that abscond from the world until they're satisfied. The higher you get inside, the more cuckoo they get!

At that point, a guard approached the nerds mages.

Excuse me, are you three part of the Blackbones' crew?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: May 22, 2023, 09:18:12 am »

"I sure do hope we get the opportunity to visit the library before we leave. If gaining the permission to visit isn't too difficult, that is."

Vortai glanced to the side as soon as he heard an unfamiliar voice.
"Perhaps. May we help you?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: May 22, 2023, 01:57:06 pm »

I told someone else from the crew already, the boss wants to see you and your captain. The shopkeeper chuckled.

You're in luck, the head cuckoo's calling you in. Might as well ask for library permission while you're at it.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3532 on: May 23, 2023, 06:03:00 am »

As if on cue, Gawen approached the party, horse laden with arms.

"I was going to inform you all of something,  but it seems there's no longer a need."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: May 24, 2023, 09:54:53 am »

"That is a fine timing indeed. We should join the others then."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: May 27, 2023, 01:40:08 pm »

"At least I know what these ones do," Lavinia said in an amused tone, turning to signal the shopkeeper. "I'll take seven."

Buy 7 Vulneraries.

Inventory Management:
Ethan: remove broken Hatchet, take Ashlyn's Hand Axe, take vulnerary, store Iron Axe
Lysander: store Heal (30/30) and Quickness
Lavinia: store Iron Lance (33/40) and Slim Lance, take vulnerary
Ashlyn: Hand Axe goes to Ethan as above
Claude: store Armorbreaker, take vulnerary
Amberly: store Sacred Steel, take vulnerary
Marlow: take Blake's weapons (Cutthroat and Caltrops), store Concoction and Elixir
Vortai: discard Swarm, store Toxic, take vulnerary
Fer: store Elfire, take vulnerary

« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 02:57:48 am by Gaterhyme »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: May 30, 2023, 12:55:12 pm »

: I'll take the extra one, if you don't mind. Now let's hurry to see what "the boss" wants with Ethan... though I don't have a good feeling about it.

Everyone gets things.
Carmen gets Vulnerary.
Party loses 2100 gold.

The guards herded the crew upwards floor after floor, each subsequent one becoming more sinister and ominous, soon turning into webs of corridors and doors to what had to be the researchers' personal laboratories. They climbed and climbed until they could climb no more, and at the top floor they saw a lone door, the one that led to the quarters of the Tower's leader.

The final guards knocked on the door, and on an affirmative response ushered the crew in without entering themselves. The office inside seemed small, perhaps even cozy, but the various artifacts and top grade tomes that lined the bookshelves belied the high position of its owner. The man, dressed in a simple long white coat, was standing and gazing at one of such objects, until he saw the crew come in.

: Ah, welcome back, Narius. You returned much earlier than I thought. Oh, wait, it's Ethan now, isn't it? I always have trouble keeping up with your name changes. Will you introduce me to your companions?

Carmen could help but stare at the man with an expression of disbelief.

: ...Is something wrong?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: May 30, 2023, 12:59:11 pm »

"Nothing. Simply tired." Ethan spoke after a brief moment of silence. "How about you?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: May 30, 2023, 01:12:04 pm »

: I shouldn't be surprised, it must have been quite the trip. As for me, the Tower has been expanded somewhat, you'll find your quarters at the...

As the boss man rambled on, Carmen elbowed Ethan in the ribs and whisper-yelled at him.

: *Do you actually know this man?!*

: ...Once again I must ask if everything is alright. You're acting a bit more out of character than usual, and your companions seem... alarmed, for some reason.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: May 30, 2023, 01:29:16 pm »

"No I do not, but I was this close to learning more about the fake Narius!" Ethan pulled out the hand axe he was given and pointed it at the mage's head.

"Alright, now that I know that you are in cahoots with the enemy, lemme tell you: no, I am not Narius. I am Ethan, the Ethan, Captain of Bloodbones, and if you're gonna try to call guards, you will be dead before they get here." He took a step forward.

"No funny moves, or your head starts rolling, and that would inconvenience your studies, wouldn't it?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: May 30, 2023, 01:44:55 pm »

: Oh.

Suddenly, Ethan's axe was ripped from his hands by a strong upwards force, with the axe ending up stuck to the ceiling. All weapons the crew had on them were similarly pulled up, and the magic users sensed the presence of a strong nullifying field wash over them.

: Gh! You and your diplomatic ways...

: My most sincere apologies, I appear to have made a mistake. Though I have to say... you look very similar to the "Narius" I know. Or should I say that he looked similar to you when I last saw him, since he tends to change at times.

The man took a seat behind his desk before continuing, as the crew found themselves slightly less mobile than usual.

: Regardless, it seems like there has been trouble, and that man was involved somehow. I don't receive news from the outside that often, so I must ask you: what has Narius done that it necessitated you coming here and threatening me, and is it related to your closeness in appearance?

Carmen grumbled, but refused to say anything unless someone else would decide to contribute first.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 245