Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Bifröst Café (IC) Chapter 1: An Eye for an Eye  (Read 8662 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bifröst Café (IC) Prologue: Nothing Ever Happens on This Street
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2017, 02:16:58 am »

>The information on the complaints of the Phosphor is still being collated.

((Cough cough GM cough.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2017, 03:03:17 am »

In due time, with complaints filed, questions answered and the subtle hint of distrust wavering in the air, ever-present and ineluctable, the café's clock reaches four in the morning. A tone chimes through the building and Myrrh, human exhaustion weighing on him perhaps more so than his supernatural companions, stands up with a sigh. "The meeting has now come to a conclusion. Please cease further discussion until the next meeting, and thank you for coming. If you have made the necessary preparations you may retire to one of our assigned dormitories, otherwise the staff will gladly assist you in returning to the underworld. May the Light shine on you all, and goodnight." He bows, and the hooded figures in the corners of the room bow with him.

He dips away into a mysterious door that must be the kitchens, and after a minute from inside some occasional shuffling and clanking can be heard.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2017, 03:42:48 am »

Felix yawns in a theatrical manner. He didn't really look or seem tired, and it was a little bigger than a yawn probably needs to be. Does this matter? Absolutely.

"Well, I think I was about ready to go to bed anyway. What about everyone else?"
Black lives matter.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2017, 04:13:42 am »

"The same, though I can't wait to hear what the news have to say about this grand opening."

Leena says this as she goes to collect her tiny bag with just a few personal effects, the largest of which is a smartphone. She struggles to fly with the weight, taking eye contact with a staff member to wordlessly ask for help.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2017, 05:24:01 am »

"I could definitely do with some rest, I may have overestimated my ability to upkeep this spell."

Tintaglia, gratefully dismisses her spell once the meeting was over. Now in her more comfortable true form she heads for bed, but notices Leena's predicament"

"I can help you with that if you wish Leena. I believe our rooms are close and your bag will not significantly weigh me down."

Then, muttering to herself "And I forgot some things, I should probably send for them tomorrow."
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2017, 05:26:34 am »

Domina remained pensive, and gave everyone a quiet farewell.

"Goodbye, all. Have a nice night, whatever it is you people do."

She heads off into her dormitory, and shuts the door behind her. She was quite tired. Politics bored her, and drained her energy.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2017, 07:56:07 am »

"I can help you with that if you wish Leena. I believe our rooms are close and your bag will not significantly weigh me down."
"Thank you, that'd be a great help."

As she walks with Tintaglia towards the rooms, she asks a staff member for the Wi-Fi password.

Assuming she gets to her room without trouble, she'll get the phone out of the bag, prop it up somewhere and start browsing the news, social media and other outlets, especially for articles relating to the Bifröst Café.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2017, 11:52:21 am »

Dex, rolling along with Leena, pops up the Wifi password for her, having already received it.

>Would you like a bigger screen?  It's not like I'm using this one much.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2017, 01:48:36 pm »

"Thanks, no thanks. This one is...well, convenient. It's much easier to browse when I can reach every corner of the screen."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2017, 03:24:53 pm »

>The offer stands.
Sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2017, 04:21:03 pm »

Melie tried not to wince as he stood up, pushing the needles from his muscles.

"I don't think I need to go to bed quite yet. We've had our... pleasantries done, but I say that was a little too stiff and formal for me. I'll be in the uh..." Melanie turned to one of the staff, "Do you have a lounge? I see there's the lobby and there's the dining room but I don't see any TVs or board games. Anyways, if not, I guess I'll hope someone would be up for some late night poker in my room." Melie wasn't sure how humans handled their 'cafes,' but no tavern in the Berserkers' Homestead was without something to amuse berserkers that don't feel like trancing the night away alone.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2017, 09:08:04 pm »

And thus it was assumed the varied representatives rolled off back into their homes through either use of the portals or by moving in to the café's dormitories, and rested for a day or so. Whatever sort of business they had during this time, for now that is only known to them.

It is a new day. The lobby seems to be the same as ever to the monsters coming through the portals, and for those in the dormitories the hall towards the dining room hasn't changed in its accessibility. The Uriah seem to admire simpleness more than anything, it seems. The time on the clock announces itself to be 11:57 AM - the second meeting, held on the afternoon for the human's sake this time, is almost starting up again.

A staff member, hood firmly up, seems to be doing some dusting on the table, wiping the thing clean with much cheer and vigour. Myrrh is sitting behind the counter again, humming along to the café's jazzy tunes.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2017, 09:10:26 pm »

Felix travels the hall to the dining room with a chipper spring in his step, wearing just as fine a suit as last night. He sits himself down next to Myrrh, giving him a wide smile.

"Good afternoon, my human friend! How goes it?"
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2017, 09:14:05 pm »

The human stares at Felix from across the counter, eyes fluttering open to reveal an annoyed glare. "Greetings. May the Light shine upon you, representative Felix." He says this in a tone that might suggest an insult as opposed to a greeting.
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2017, 09:17:35 pm »

Felix doesn't miss a beat. "Excellent! I'm doing well too, thank you so very much for asking."

"Mmm... unfortunately, I think I'll have to pass. Not one for the spotlight, myself."
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15