Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Bifröst Café (IC) Chapter 1: An Eye for an Eye  (Read 8657 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bifröst Café (IC) Prologue: Nothing Ever Happens on This Street
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2017, 06:36:51 pm »

>This emissary was reasonably confident something was up...

>...Query: What are their complaints?  If we delegitimize their issues, they will have far less clout amongst the previously dispossessed.

>As far as negotiations go, I am a mouthpiece.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:38:37 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2017, 02:15:04 am »

"If they operate like a cult, infiltration can be tricky. Presumably they'd expect their members to cut all ties with their previous lives."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2017, 07:23:49 pm »

Domina ignores the people ragging on her. She knew her intentions were jest, and she didn't really mind what the others thought.

Throughout the discussion, she had remained quiet, simply pondering what it is could be done... Before speaking up.

"Hmm... Could I grab some wine, please? Any sort will do, although I prefer red. On the topic of discussion, we know that the Phosphor spread all throughout monsterkind,  so tracking them down is probably one of the most difficult things we'll have to do. After that, we have plenty of infiltration experts, spies, whatever you want to call them, to get in there and neutralize the threat they pose. However, with a cult stretching so widely, we cannot simply make rash accusations at members of our own species in an attempt to work towards the 'greater good'. We must be subtle.

I believe we need to do some pre-infiltration before we infiltrate the actual cult. Maybe just some... information gathering, on the public, so we can notice any patterns that could lead to potential terrorist affiliation. Of course, this is not the most ethical course of action, and I'm not proud of it either, but it seems like that may be one of the only ways we could solve this.

She strokes her chin, still thinking.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2017, 08:15:55 pm »

>We are not here to infiltrate a cult.

>At least that is decidedly not my impression.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2017, 08:20:24 pm »

"Well, maybe not you," Felix interjects, smiling at Dex. "You'd hardly look the part... And you're much too stiff."
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2017, 08:22:49 pm »

"Infiltration?" Myrrh sniffs. "You seem to be quite fond of infiltration indeed, miss Domina. In order to truly delegitimize their issues, the Uriah and associates must be ethical in the way we investigate them. Invasion of privacy is unacceptable in the contemporary era." He procures a bottle of wine, red. He pours it out into a glass on the counter.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2017, 08:25:34 pm »

"Human police forces use infiltration all the time to catch criminals much less bad than the ones we're after, you know."
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2017, 08:27:58 pm »

>Actually, demographic analysis shows that a large portion of humaniform mindsets value privacy less than convenience (e.g. Google) or especially a veneer of safety (e.g. security theater - at least, they do not appear to lodge systemic protest.), and additionally, as the other representative noted, undercover officers are commonly accepted practice.
Sigtext

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2017, 08:33:30 pm »

"Has the underworld yet to develop proper search warrants? You were suggesting unethical invasion of random innocent's privacy."
>Actually, demographic analysis shows that a large portion of humaniform mindsets value privacy less than convenience (e.g. Google) or especially a veneer of safety (e.g. security theater - at least, they do not appear to lodge systemic protest.), and additionally, as the other representative noted, undercover officers are commonly accepted practice.
"No matter the statistics, there WILL be a vocal group that would suddenly gain ammunition to criticize the government. We'd prefer it greatly if we kept things morally upright first and foremost."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2017, 08:35:19 pm »

"Oh, no, not at all. Leave them out of it. I'd say we should gather intel the old-fashioned way and then infiltrate Phosphor itself."
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2017, 08:42:56 pm »

"The Uriah share your sentiments, representative..." Myrrh pauses, "... Felix."
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2017, 08:45:33 pm »

Felix responds to him with a slightly wry smile. "Don't worry, you aren't the only one." He gives Domina half a glance.
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2017, 08:48:26 pm »

The young man rolls his eyes. "Will you be ordering anything?"
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2017, 08:53:44 pm »

"Mm... Just a whiskey, if you would."
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2017, 08:55:01 pm »

A few sounds of shuffling and clinking later, a glass of alcohol sits on the counter.
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15