Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Bifröst Café (IC) Chapter 1: An Eye for an Eye  (Read 8650 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Bifröst Café (IC) Prologue: Nothing Ever Happens on This Street
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2017, 06:21:25 am »

"While I wouldn't mind not having been confined to the underworld, from what I read it was a matter of life and death for the humans of the time. Can't exactly blame them, jeopardizing peace is only going to start another war.

Tintaglia takes a breath

"I will help stop Phosphor, however I can"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:27:58 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2017, 07:03:21 am »

Currently lacking anything to add, Leena turns to the waiters.

"Strong ginger infusion in an espresso cup, please. Make sure there's no caffeine in it."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2017, 07:31:00 am »

The human leans forward, resting his arms on the counter as he stares at Melie. "Concern for the existence of human allies is unnecessary. Every single member of the staff here is either part of the Uriah or has undergone extensive background research. Additionally, even if there were Phosphor-allied spies within the clan, they would be much more likely to be planted aggressively within Uriah headquarters, where investigation actually takes place." He then turns away from the counter, bending over to pick up a bottle of booze and some teamaking materials.

"There is little reason to distrust the café at large, and, once again, if any of you feel threatened you are welcome to leave the premises with the aid of our staff. Additionally," he says, wiping his brow as he places the glass of beer on the counter, "their ideological belief seems to be founded on violent extremism, almost like a cult. After they are dealt with, we trust the majority of monsterkind will not be so vehemently radical. We will do our best to give good reason for peaceful relations, will we not?" He holds the cup of ginger tea up.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:35:12 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2017, 07:33:17 am »

"I think she actually wanted a ginger tea, but in an espresso cup because of her size"

((nothing to see here))
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:38:08 am by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2017, 07:41:52 am »

"Eesh, decaf tea? Would you like a meatless steak with that?" Melie quipped at Leena, though he smiled to show that there wasn't any malice meant in his joke.

"Well, I'll take it in good faith then, as I'm sure you know your staff well. Now... if the Phosphor does operate like a cult as you have said, then there's the question of where it gets its members. Terrorists don't pop out of thin air, you know."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2017, 07:52:59 am »

He holds the cup of ginger tea up.
"Thank you."

Leena takes her tea and starts sipping it as she listens to the others talk.

"Eesh, decaf tea? Would you like a meatless steak with that?"
Melie quipped at Leena, though he smiled to show that there wasn't any malice meant in his joke.
Leena doesn't seem very amused, dismissing the joke.

"Caffeine is literally poison for me; ginger is one of the few stimulants I can take, even if it's milder than caffeine."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2017, 07:54:09 am »

"Presumably, they indoctrinate those that are weak-willed or predisposed to said beliefs. That is, of course, conjecture."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2017, 07:56:26 am »

"I have met some monsters that resent being in the underworld and want a scapegoat, it is unfortunate but your conjecture seems likely"

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2017, 08:01:57 am »

"Is it really a scapegoat if some of the grievances are valid?" Melie asked. He wasn't sure if he was being unnecessarily antagonistic, but he didn't want to be entirely too agreeable with humans either. It wasn't prejudice (well, maybe a little), but it was his belief that certain issues shouldn't be entirely smoothed over. "The issue I see is that the Phosphor wants to promote the belief that humans are inherently evil and must be wiped. Which, if I can recall, is something that the monster hunters of old thought of monsters as well. But that's the big picture- we still need to stop Phosphor now before they do something. I'm not sure what you propose apart from finding and apprehending them, though."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:10:04 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2017, 08:07:47 am »

Myrrh pauses a little, flicking his eyes towards Leena silently. "... The Uriah have moved on from that. This café is proof of that progress. The Styx was proof of that, and the Phosphor destroyed it. They are not to be sympathized with. Human investigation has proven frustratingly difficult in this matter and that is why I, as a representative of the Uriah clan, humbly request each and every one of you to focus your race's efforts into finding these threats and, with the necessary judgements beforehand, capturing or eliminating them."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:22:59 am by Sl4cker »
carrot cakeu

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2017, 08:34:17 am »

"That is an easy request to accept, considering I have been on their case for the last 20 years. Granted, I have focused on rebuilding the relations rather than investigating them. I'm an activist turned politician, not a detective. Still, unless someone has a better idea, I'm sure I have enough clout to get a whole bunch of people to work on it. Do we have other options?"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2017, 08:36:02 am »

Myrrh sniffs. "We're open to suggestion. This is a discussion, not a briefing."
carrot cakeu

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2017, 01:53:18 pm »

"Hm, another thing I could do is put even more resources into media campaigns. Portraying them for the cowards they are should slow down their recruitment, but probably isn't enough to deprogram those who are already in."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2017, 03:25:22 pm »

An idea came to Melie. Not a particularly good idea, mind, but it was an idea.

"I don't think the Uriah clan has any extensive ties to the monsters, apart from the.... Families," Melie prefaced, the word 'Families' being spoken in such a way that suggested it was a proper noun. The Families. A powerful network of vampire lords that had brokered the peace between humans and monsters, albeit for selfish reasons, "But surely the possibility of infiltration has been raised? Obviously, that'd be dangerous as h... very dangerous, but it would give us some inklings where to start. Then we can start intercepting the Phosphor and figure out their plans."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2017, 04:06:36 pm »

"Infiltration? It could work." Tintaglia pauses "I know a couple of people that outwardly fit the group, that I THINK called them cowards at some point." Tintaglia looks a little uncomfortable when she starts saying the next part. "I don't actually have any authority to make binding agreements for the other dragons, we tend not to like others making decisions for us."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15