Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Bifröst Café (IC) Chapter 1: An Eye for an Eye  (Read 8637 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bifröst Café (IC) Prologue: Nothing Ever Happens on This Street
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2017, 11:13:22 pm »

>One does not see the collective's best interests being served in such a manner.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2017, 01:19:33 am »

>If Representative Leena would like to perch upon this unit for any reason, Representative Leena is welcome to, free of obligation save not making a horrible mess upon this unit.  A replacement would be tedious.
"Thank you for the offer, but I am fine for now. Also, I do not make messes. I fix them."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2017, 01:33:31 am »

"Why do you believe that there will be trouble," Tintaglia pauses "I don't believe I was here yet when you introduced yourself."
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2017, 01:41:04 am »

>If Representative Leena would like to perch upon this unit for any reason, Representative Leena is welcome to, free of obligation save not making a horrible mess upon this unit.  A replacement would be tedious.
"Thank you for the offer, but I am fine for now. Also, I do not make messes. I fix them."
>Apologies.  One has heard horror stories of birds.

>This representative is Dex.  One has previously introduced oneself in your presence.

>One does not believe there will be trouble, one notes that its possibility has risen.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2017, 01:44:14 am »

"I apologize Dex, I must not have been listening when you introduced myself.  Is there some way to make it up to you?"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2017, 01:48:10 am »

>This representative cannot reasonably predict a favor with more than the necessary expected utility to ask of you at this time, but will state that they believe the favor will be most likely beneficial to all once it is called in.
Sigtext

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2017, 02:28:33 am »

"Very well then, I am glad I have not insulted you too gravely."

Tintaglia relaxes a little

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2017, 02:50:16 am »

Melie took a seat, suppressing his urge to sigh in relief. Nursing himself quietly while the others have a small talk, the room's atmosphere felt stuffy just from the formality. He supposed that was how people act in unfamiliar environment, but it would be very lonely if he had to treat everyone here like rival clan leaders.

"You're worried about nothing, Representative Dex -Can I call you Dex? The decor isn't malicious, I'm sure," Melie hoped to point out that having scenes of monsters getting their shit kicked hung up on the wall may not make monsters very comfortable. On the other hand, he might get his shit kicked if he stated outright that he didn't like the Uriah clan pride very much.

He drummed his fingers on the table, waiting for the others to settle down. He sort of want to try to banter and break the ice, but that might not be something the host wanted. Humans were always about formality and gravitas.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2017, 02:59:44 am »

Uncomfortable with the silence in the room, Tintaglia stops fidgeting temporarily and speaks up.

"So, we have all introduced ourselves formally.  Maybe we should actually talk about ourselves less formally now, get real introductions going."

"I'll start I guess. I prefer just Tintaglia rather than my full name and I enjoy flying and reading."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:02:09 am by wolfchild »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2017, 03:45:44 am »

Myrrh clears his throat. "That will not be necessary." He walks over to each table, silently and skillfully putting down a sheet of papers for each representative. "That is, of course, the café's menu. You are all allowed to order as much as you would like for tonight, it being, of course, free." He sniffs and turns halfway towards Melie's direction, though not looking at the berserker boy, "though we would prefer if you all kept alcoholic intake to a minimum."

"The topic of discussion for tonight," he begins again after a pause, "will be about the organization that caused the tragic events that occurred nearly two decades prior."

"They call themselves the Phosphor. They were active before the Disharmony Bombings, but the attacks were, of course, their biggest action to date. As of now, the whole of the Uriah clan is working to their utmost to investigate this organization, yet we are still, unfortunately, short on leads. It is known that membership extends to all known monster types, their headquarters is in the underworld,
and their stated mission, as far as we know, is the genocide of humanity."

Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2017, 03:54:46 am »

Tintaglia is surprised by the last page.

"What is the last page about? Heh, funny, by that listing I could technically almost be considered a fairie."

Her face becomes somewhat more serious.

"Unfortunately I have not heard anything about this group from other dragons, although I doubt many would talk to ME about it."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2017, 04:51:43 am »

"My opinion on the Phosphor hasn't changed. I thoroughly condemn and denounce those terrorists who claim to fight for freedom and peace but only undermine the efforts of those who are actually trying to make it happen. I could a hold a long speech on how humans are necessary for the survival for my kind and many others, but I don't think I need to convince any of us about that. What's important is that something needs to be done. The table is open to ideas, I suppose. None of the organizations I represent have much more information about the Phosphor than what the Uriah clan has, so I'm not sure what I can do except wave my clout around and ask for the results they haven't got."

"As a side note, this pamphlet isn't very useful, even if you ignore its faulty classification of spirits and fairies as fundamentally different. It lacks...depth. If you're interested, I can recommend a few books after we're done for today."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2017, 05:01:52 am »

Tintaglia perks up a little at Leena's offer

"Dragons don't need humans, but the loss of any culture is a tragic thing. Also I am always interested in new books."

She looks at the menu again

"Hmm ... I think a beef and pepper pie sounds nice"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:18:59 am by wolfchild »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2017, 05:13:31 am »

Myrrh nods gravely, taking his own seat back behind the counter. "They are a difficult group to track down, it seems. There have been numerous times where our top investigators have chased down a lead before realizing it's merely a misdirection, or a red herring. I would, however, like to discuss on how to deal with them, what we know of their philosophy and how to prevent future events such as the Disharmony Bombings."

"I would like to reiterate that they are an ideologically motivated group, as opposed to religious or otherwise, and that suggests their membership could even extend to yourselves. Thus, any unlawful use of thaumaturgy or monster-esque abilities that could be considered harmful will be dealt with swiftly. This is not an accusation, merely a precaution."
"As a side note, this pamphlet isn't very useful, even if you ignore its faulty classification of spirits and fairies as fundamentally different. It lacks...depth. If you're interested, I can recommend a few books after we're done for today."
"It is... slightly outdated," Myrrh admits, leaning back slightly.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2017, 05:58:51 am »

"Yeah, da always said I was a fairy," Melie muttered to himself as he looked through the menu, and ordered a tall glass of beer out of defiance.

"You say that the membership of the Phosphor could be any monsters, but what about human allies? It's not unheard of for humans to sell out their fellows for benefits," the berserker paused, recalling the past incidents, "We can't be one step ahead of them if they're spying on us, can't we?"

The Beorning clan didn't involve themselves much in Underworld politics, but even while they had a pro-human history, Melie wouldn't kid himself that some of his relatives would mind humans not being around. Hopefully, none of them actually acted on that thought.

"Of course, we still need to crack down on the organization via the Underworld, but I think the issue runs to the ideological as well. You can arrest as many terrorists as you like... but so long as the reason they formed persist..."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:00:38 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15