Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Bifröst Café (IC) Chapter 1: An Eye for an Eye  (Read 8629 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bifröst Café (IC) Prologue: Nothing Ever Happens on This Street
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 08:36:17 am »

>This emissary's name is Dex.

>This emissary represents the collective of machine spirits.

>[non-human-pronounceable noises aka 'Felix's' name], one ought not presume that one is not capable.

>Query: Why are you playing power games that serve mostly as neutral <screen shows a shot of those who haven't reacted> or alienating <Tintaglia>, Domina?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 09:30:06 am »

To anyone who would walk into the café's dining room, this is what they would see:

The farthest wall from the lobby's entrance holds wide, top-to-bottom panes of glass. The cool scene of Los Angeles' quietest street in the meek midnight light glints from outside the café, keenly unaware of the supernaturals hiding in plain sight. The left wall holds more paintings, scenes of famous "mythical" battles and curious portraits of great Uriah clan heads. Arranged in a delicate order throughout the room are tables and chairs, clean and carved from fine wood, mirroring the floor's paneling. In the center is a great velvet carpet, and the keen-eyed would recognize the design as being a complex thaumaturgic circle, the purpose of which would require a more intimate look. The lamps hang low here, brightly illuminating the café despite the late time.

The staff around here are more sparse, some shuffling quietly into mysterious doors, others clutching all manner of talisman and holy amulet whilst not trying to give the supernaturals an unneeded stare. Perhaps the most important part of the dining area, however, is standing by the rightmost wall - behind the counter and in front of the dark cabinets, a young blonde man adjusts his glasses idly, seemingly tired of watching the envoys come in and straight back out of the lobby room.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:32:28 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 10:00:34 am »

The thing was that, whether or not the fox lady was intending to be suggestive, a joke came unbidden to Melie head, making him quip before he could catch himself, "Ah, Miss Domina was it? Do you represent the Trix clan?" he said drily, not able to help himself. Before anyone could get the joke, he quickly changed the subject, "A pleasure to meet you all, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Dex, Ms. Tammi, Ms. Tintaglia, Ms. Domina. Hopefully we'll get less formal before it gets awkward."

Melie decided that he has had enough standing around chatting. Also, his muscles are incredibly sore, so he decided to follow the suggestion of the staff to meet with the manager. The name 'Uriah' was not unfamiliar to him. His clan could blame them for the reason why they are no longer humans. They did blame them that, actually, but Melie figured he was here to mend old wounds. The portraits of the patriachs of past days reminded him of the statues of the Bjorning's Longhouse, and the battles were as interesting if a little more pastoral. He relaxed, realizing that both clans weren't different, after all. Clan Bjorning was a warrior clan that had fought humans and monsters. Clan Uriah was a warrior clan that fought monsters.

Okay, maybe there was a small key difference.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 10:02:33 am »

>Query: Why are you playing power games that serve mostly as neutral <screen shows a shot of those who haven't reacted> or alienating <Tintaglia>, Domina?
"Oh, I can answer that! She wishes to make a powerful first impression. It's a common method of hiding one's insecurities to give an advantage in future negotiations. I prefer being nice, though, it's a much less fragile façade."

Not staying to wait for a response, Leena flies ahead to greet her host. As she lands on the counter, she places a breadcrumb and a tiny salt crystal on it.

"May your house never run out. I am Leena Tammi, the Messenger of Souls, representing the sielulinnut."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2017, 10:30:49 am »

The young man straightens up, brushing his waistcoat and then bowing slightly to the small bird. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Tammi. I've heard much about you." He ignores the gesture of breadcrumb and salt crystal for now, standing up and clearing his throat as more enter the café proper. "I am Myrrh of the Uriah, legally Myrrh Urias Hugo. I am the current manager of this establishment, heir to the Uriah clan, and representative of mankind as a whole. I would like to formally welcome you all into the grand opening of Bifröst Café," is his pompous introduction, stepping away from the counter and grabbing a handful of papers from a nearby stack.

"Kindly have a seat, everyone. Today's primary topic for discussion will be revealed momentarily."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 10:45:31 am »

Leena takes a seat by perching on the back of the chair.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 11:23:38 am »

>That does not at all seem ominous.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2017, 11:27:30 am »

Felix listens and smiles inwardly as two people in a row mispronounce his name. Machines just couldn't do it the same way monsters could, and this Melie didn't even seem to try. What a shame. He calmly walks after Domina as she makes her quite rude introduction and sits across from her on his own chair.

The man calmly crosses his legs and points at the kitsune with a wide smile. "Hearing a name is of course important to saying it, but they're clearly different things, Domina. Would you mind giving it a shot for me, perhaps? I'd like to see how well you do."

His tone seems kindly enough, despite the insults he'd received just prior.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:11:12 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2017, 04:28:01 pm »

Tintaglia puts away her book and walks towards the dining room

"Are there any seats in there big enough for me? I do not want to have to stand at dinner."
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2017, 08:24:38 pm »

>That does not at all seem ominous.
That seems to make the human representative adjust his glasses thoughtfully. "May I ask how so, representative Dex?"
Tintaglia puts away her book and walks towards the dining room

"Are there any seats in there big enough for me? I do not want to have to stand at dinner."
"We were informed of your ability to take to form of a humanoid, representative Tintaglia."
carrot cakeu

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2017, 08:36:44 pm »

"I do not enjoy it though, fine."

Tintaglia takes a minute to cast the spell that transforms herself it seems to be mostly verbal as she does not move during the process. Once the spell is complete and she s standing on two legs, she enters the dining room and sits down somewhere with no one opposite or adjacent (if available).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:42:44 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2017, 08:52:42 pm »

<insert montage of various...aggressive..."negotiations".  Additionally, Danganronpa.>

>Quite.

>If Representative Leena would like to perch upon this unit for any reason, Representative Leena is welcome to, free of obligation save not making a horrible mess upon this unit.  A replacement would be tedious.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:55:43 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2017, 09:34:53 pm »

<insert montage of various...aggressive..."negotiations".  Additionally, Danganronpa.>

>Quite.

>If Representative Leena would like to perch upon this unit for any reason, Representative Leena is welcome to, free of obligation save not making a horrible mess upon this unit.  A replacement would be tedious.

"Do you believe this café to be a trap, representative Dex?"
carrot cakeu

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2017, 09:42:23 pm »

>Confidence levels are rising but below serious percentages.  Your actions do not lessen this probability as of yet.
Sigtext

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2017, 10:40:46 pm »

"If you feel somehow threatened you may of course ask one of the staff to help you leave the premises," says Myrrh, crossing his arms with a small stack of papers still in his hands.
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15