Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles IC  (Read 19116 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2017, 05:58:01 pm »

((she wears no symbols and has no paraphenalia on her possession. Only the book and her robes and the cloths under said robes.))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2017, 06:42:24 pm »

Lillian had been sort of just trying to escape the crowd for a while. And then things started happening very fast, very bad things. She'd been one of the first to notice something was off, and was asking one of the knights if that person was supposed to be there - she(he? using she for now, for ease of pronouns) seemed somewhat suspicious, like she was up to something. "Uh, 'scuse me sir. Is it jus' me or-" she was interrupted as things hit the metaphorical and probably not invented yet fan. She trailed off as the person made their speech... and then casts their spell. So of course, Lillian was immediately next to one of the knights when it happened. She had a bit of time - it was far from simultaneous, so she saw other knights changing and put 2 and 2 together - she was already scrambling out of the way, grabbing that most farmer-y of tools and sticking it out in defense.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2017, 07:55:39 pm »

The knight nearby to Lillian lurched on it's legs and went after her, maiming and killing people as it scrambled after her.
Abdul closes near to several of the monstrous knights, staying out of distance of them, but close enough he could pierce them with bolts.
Aspen hurls her magic towards the dark witch, who only laughs at the paltry display, "Oh please, I'm already set for the mages here. Worry about the knights, dear, they seem to have taken an interest in the people here." The spell Aspen fired hits the witch's barrier, the cold wind blowing past it.
As Billie helped dozesn upon dozens of citizens escape the plaza, one of the lumbering monsters turns it's hungry attention to her, dropping one of the dead corpses it was eating."
Several of the beastly knights jump onto the stage the emperor and his retainers were on, Tabitha infusing what mana she had into her mechanical knight, ""Fear not my liege! The seven Lords will be your shields and swords!" with her yell, Tabitha launched herself into the fight, along with her brothers and sisters in arms.
Agilulf had almost successfully snuck up on the mysterious witch, only to be cut off by one of the lumbering monsters, "I have too many eyes now, my dear. Fret not about me, however, as the monsters have theirs on you."

Civilians are dying. It's up to those that can fight to defend those still living

Combat
Spoiler: Combat Roster (click to show/hide)

"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2017, 08:02:59 pm »

Caderyn runs at one of the things, shouting wordlessly at the top of his lungs as he launched what appeared on the surface to be an uncoordinated, wild flurry.

Overwhelm DBK2
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2017, 08:06:39 pm »

Grunting, Billie spins her Halberd, Summoning a Fire Elemental Inside the weapon as she shoves what looks like a vial, encased in a small metal frame, into it, Words slip from her lips in hissing lilting tones as a vaguely animate flame slowly manifests inside it, and a bright crimson steam hisses as pistons and gears begin moving.

"Under the Authority I have been granted, I judge that you are a clear and present threat to the people.  Command these entities to stand down. Immediately."

Spoiler: Skill Used (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2017, 08:14:48 pm »

Agilulf is less than impressed, this is evidenced by the way he playfully bounces on his feet waiting for the beast to strike. Of course, it would get a nasty surprise in the form of a ball of mud to the face. By the time the thing could see again, Agilulf had apparently Faded away.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2017, 08:23:53 pm »

These beasts were far too large, far too big for the hooded figure, it seemed. No, these were no thugs, no bandits; these were monsters, through and through, and monsters that their staff could not simply, easily defeat.

This really, really wasn't a good day. They would have to make a run for it as soon as this was over; not even a quiet slip away, but a desperate dash for freedom.

It was the fastest way to keep everyone safe, and they regretted every moment of it; because those they saved would likely fear them later, chase them out, and they risked drawing those who would pursue them here. But there was nothing for it.

Quietly, the hooded woman cast her cloak aside, a pulse of energy running through her as she doubles over in pain and stumbles towards the monsters, her blue-tinged silver hair covering her face. Her body rapidly increases in size, her visibly pale skin splitting aside to make way for moon-white, silvery scales as her silvery dress seems to mold into her scales and her face elongating into a lizard-like, reptilian snout with two black horns growing where her hair once was, her red eyes morphing into snake-like slits and her newly grown fangs snapping open to unleash a pained roar as muscle and skin tore and grew anew, reinforced and stronger. The last of her skin fell aside, discarded like a snake's molted skin. Her now-massive, scaled limbs expand, growing in size, cracking and tearing to give way for claws and talons that rend the ground beneath her, the gouges torn in the ground flattened as her tail slams the ground.

When the woman finally completes her transformation, discarding the last of her humanity, what stands in her place is a wingless, ethereal white dragon, lightning sparkling around its mouth and horns, far larger than she was before.

With a single roar, she rears up and exhales pale lightning upon the beast Caderyn attacks.
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:57:33 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2017, 08:25:26 pm »

Pitua breathed deeply, regaining her concentration. She was panicked, but she could still fight. She detached part of her body, throwing it at DBK 4, while commanding her Slimeling to go and attack DBK 6.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2017, 08:32:07 pm »

Lillian, rather than bravely combat this threat is doing what most sane people would do - putting something long, sharp, and pointy between herself and the oncoming enemy. This was going to hurt, she could already tell - she was just glad she'd stocked some potions before hand.

Brace.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2017, 08:41:07 pm »

Geraint dashes through the throngs of people, dodging around civilians and shoving the freakish knights as hard as he could when he passed. Halfway to the sorceress, he spots a brilliant white shape among the crowd - the man spends precious seconds staring at this disturbing, but fascinating transformation. Just what the hell was going on here..? He almost makes to attack it, but seeing the drake attack one of the corrupted knights and none of the innocents around, he shakes it off. There would be time to think about these things later.

No longer distracted, he springs off again, launching himself at the mad sorceress with a bellowing cry and Swinging the Hammer at her with terrifying force!
Black lives matter.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2017, 01:13:58 am »

Freyja nods to her companion, and runs after Geraint, her small figure easily weaving between the panicking bystanders. She draws her blade, putting forth a firey glow into the palm of her hand, and casting Azor Ahai on her blade.

Spoiler: Action Details (click to show/hide)
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2017, 02:40:22 am »

"I wonder how you fiends deal with uncontrolled movement"

Aspen uses her "Winter's Breath" ability, trying to get multiple knight's in the icy terrain she makes
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2017, 05:25:20 am »

Abdul, still unsure wether it would be wise right now to already decide on a course of battle without seeing it develop, steels his mind for what is to come.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2017, 02:20:50 pm »

Eirika was silent as her companions talked, even more silent as she heard the dark spellcaster speak--and as silent as those already attacked while her puppets began mowing through the crowd. She was busy casting wards on others, wards that failed to form with the sudden breach of panic and concentration. In the least, she was sure she could ward herself and a few others in time.

Runeward-self, if applicable. Otherwise, actions below take priority.

If this can multicast on NPCs, Guardian Ward @ Civilians!;
If I cannot: Guardian Ward Geriant! (Activate into a glyph of Force if he is attacking successfully)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2017, 03:50:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dark beast 5 snaps at Agilulf, [11 vs 4] dealing 1 damage.

Agilulf fades away, causing Dark Beast 5 to lose him.

Tabitha's Mage knight charges Dark beast knight 6 [6 vs 4] dealing 11 damage to it with it's claymore!

Caderyn overwhelms the dark beast knight 2 [8 vs 0] dealing an incredible 16 damage to the beast! He feels like he could have done more.

Dark beast Knight 2 reciprocates Caderyn's attack, lunging at him 7 vs 0 dealing a hard 9 damage to him! Caderyn's rage is building!

Abdul steels his mind for what is to come!

Lillian braces for the monster's attack!

Aspen unleashes her Wintery Breath attack, freezing the local terrain and creating a slippery battlefield!

Dark Beast Knight 7 charges at Lillian [11 vs 1] striking her and knocking her away dealing 2 damage, and taking 2 itself!

Eirika casts Guarding ward on Gereint! The ward appears on his back, waiting to activate.

Billie prepares her weapon! Her damage is doubled!

Dark Beast Knight 3 charges at Billie, Slashing at her [11 vs 2] striking her for 0 damage! Armor to the save

Pitua's Slimeling flung itself at Dark Beast Knight 6 [10 vs 8] dealing 6 damage to the beast!

Dark Beast Knight 4 slashes it's claws at Elaine's scales [8 vs 5] dealing 3 damage!

Pitua lobs a portion of her body at Dark beast Knight 4 [10 vs 6] splashing it for 11 damage and gluing it in place!

Elaine's new monsterous form is intimidating to say the least! She breaths pale lightning at Dark Beast Knight 2 [8 vs 5] dealing a massive 14 damage!

Dark Beast Knight 6 rears back and slashes the intruding Mage knight [7 vs 2] dealing 5 damage (1 mana block) to the Mage Knight! the massive claws tear the armor on the knights chest apart!

Tabitha charges Dark Beast Knight 1 leaping with a cleave at it [7 vs 5], dealing A massive 24 damage to the beast. The beast roars with anger.

Dark Beast Knight 1 looks between Tabitha and the Emperor, Tabitha's face going pale, realization dawning that the other Lords are unable to shield the king. It leaps towards the emperor, slashing him for 17 damage.

Gerient springs towards the witch with his hammer, swinging it into the barrier! the hammer makes a creaking sound as it slams the barrier, before Gerient is launched away with the same moment as the swing!

Dark Witch only laughs, continuing to infuse her barrier with mana.

Freyja infuses her sword with magical fire, igniting her weapon!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:35:19 pm by Sanure »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42