Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles IC  (Read 19117 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2017, 05:29:42 pm »

With a rather loud fanfare of trumpets and horns, The high priest begins his speech, "Children of St. Esbel and citizens of our great empire! Today marks a special occasion..." Though the speech must be important, most people grow rather bored of it.

[...]

Only the most perceptive of people notice the knights in the crowd begin to twitch and shudder, before halting any and all movement.

Tabitha, Elaine, Pitua, Billie, Lillian, Eirika, and Abdul are the very first people gathered to notice her, a robed woman, her face hidden behind the shadows of her hood. In her arm rests a large book.

Flanked by several knights, Her presence finally catches the attention of everyone else, including the High priest and the Emperor, "I dare say! Who are you who interrupts his Majesties grand day?! The woman simply laughs while pulling down her hood, "Hmm, while it may be fun to answer that, I'd rather just demonstrate something. This is my gift to your kind emperor's son. Long live the future ruler! May he never stare into the abyss that his father fears!" The woman raises the book into the air, unholy and known magic flowing out of it into the several of the knights scattered across the crowd. The woman laughs maniacally, the knights lashing out at people, turning into horrible dark beasts.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:51:14 pm by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2017, 05:30:15 pm »

Pitua looks at the figure, finally standing. Pitua no longer seems pitiful, in fact she almost looks at Caedyrn with pity.

"Um... Look, I don't mean to be rude but I have studied for years the history of this land and there are... incredibly low chances of you being a noble and not in some sort of throne. Are you... do you need medical assistance?"

As the knights transform, Pitua screams, bits of slime flying out. She quickly grabs one of her books and begins reading through it, attempting to find any sort of information on this magic or this woman.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:34:27 pm by spümpkin »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2017, 05:30:37 pm »

"What? But it's colder than my mother-in-laws dried up teats."

Abdul turned to the spectacle

"Hahahahaha-hoho, look whats going down. All those guards and armor and mages, but a little bit of chaos and it all falls apart, what a riot."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:34:08 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2017, 05:34:34 pm »

Geraint stares in shock as the mysterious woman casts her spell - he looks around at the now-corrupted, insane knights, and makes a split-second decision.

The man throws his cloak off with a flourish to reveal the brilliant armor underneath and his beastly nature. Without another thought he dashes through the crowd, heading right for the attacking mage!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:36:07 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2017, 05:37:02 pm »

"Nevermind your folly, this needs to be stopped!" Caderyn was already raring for a fight - this was the perfect chance to prove his strength. He rushes at the nearest corrupt mage knight, attempting to Overwhelm it with a flurry of strikes.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2017, 05:39:13 pm »

"Ceace your attack at once!" Billie's voice rings out to the enemy mage as she rushes into the fray, trying to get people out as quickly as possible, she shouts orders and directions to the masses, trying to herd them down the fastest and safest routes she knows.

Every so often, Billie glances to make sure one of those bolts isn't heading her way, Brandishing her Halberd defensively.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 06:07:52 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2017, 05:41:24 pm »

Abdul took another swig, looking around at people in panic "Hohoho", and points at Geraint charging in with his finger, like it's the most hilarious thing "Haha, go gettem"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2017, 05:45:14 pm »

Agilulf puts his hood up.
"Freyja, I expect that I don't need to tell you to help Geraint."
With that said he fades into the crowd, intent on sneaking up on the Mage and hopefully putting a stop to this.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2017, 05:46:15 pm »

Pitua's lore search shows [8] nothing on this time of magic. Either it's new to the world, or it's far more ancient than Valkain. As for the woman, nothing appears to mention her or her life. Whoever she is, she's new to the scene.

Billie will note that the spell bolts have all ceased flying out, having hit all of their intended targets.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2017, 05:47:21 pm »

The hooded figure behind Caderyn stops, looking around as people flee and are assailed by the beasts that appear. They pause for a moment, trying to decide something, deciding whether to flee or stay. To flee, at least, would mean they could remain concealed just a moment longer. Staying would risk exposure; at least imprisonment, at most execution. Concealment was important; they could leave now, in the chaos, and nobody would ever notice.

They take one step to run away. It'd be so easy, just to take that second step and keep running, keep moving, keep safe and secure-

The screams of people being assailed by the beasts cements their decision.

Cautiously, carefully, the figure turns heel and follows Caderyn, attempting to keep themselves concealed, wrenching a slender white staff from the folds of their robes. They would try to keep concealed as long as possible and hide what they were for a moment longer; at least then, they could slip away when this was over.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:51:23 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2017, 05:47:40 pm »

Does Abdul know anything at all about this magic?

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2017, 05:50:54 pm »

Bah. She couldn't find the right book this time, but she could still be of aid. She brings her spellbook out, and casts Summon Slime. She directs her staff towards one of the Knights, aiming her slime to attack.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2017, 05:54:06 pm »

[11] Abdul recognizes this form of magic as being that of the abyss and the void, terrible fell ancient magic.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2017, 05:54:50 pm »

Aspen, noticing the dark beasts starts chanting a spell, finishing with

"winter take the foul"

Aspen Casts frigid vortex at the witch

((That picture is of Soren though, who is male))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2017, 05:56:39 pm »

"Just as I have dreamed it would happen."

Abdul readied his crossbow and started heading for the general vicinity of the action. Just not close enough to actually be in danger.

((what about the mage herself? Any symbols or paraphenalia on her that stick out?))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42