Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles IC  (Read 19099 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles
« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2017, 09:23:22 pm »

"Huh? Oh, yes. It seems I slipped up a bit back there. . ." His head was still swimming a bit, and it showed in the slight sway in his step. "Thank you for your assistance."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2017, 09:33:22 pm »

Aspen catches up with the others

"My apologies at taking my time, you all seem to be good at fighting however"

((I legitimately can't follow whats happening right now))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2017, 09:47:14 pm »

"Huh? Oh, yes. It seems I slipped up a bit back there. . ." His head was still swimming a bit, and it showed in the slight sway in his step. "Thank you for your assistance."
"J-Just a second..." she pulls out a bottle with a red, slightly glowing liquid. She handed it to him. "Drink, hold it in yer mouth for six seconds, swallow. It'll work for about a minute, then ya should be mostly good."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2017, 01:46:27 am »

"I'd rather keep myself unhurt if I can decide upon it... hey, wait up!"
Freyja jogs to catch up to Agilulf.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2017, 01:51:04 am »

Geraint sighs and strides after her in turn.

"You wish to stay out of court, I offered a solution. I suppose you could always fake an illness... I don't get why it's so important you stay out of public view, anyway-- ah, damn. I forgot my cloak. I'll be right over," he says, and swiftly departs back to the tree they'd been underneath earlier to get it.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2017, 02:39:06 am »

"That dude gave you weird vibes too Freyja?"
Agilulf said looking slightly to the side to speak with her.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2017, 02:42:53 am »

Elaine simply walks along with the group, remaining silent. If she's surprised by what they have to say about finding dragons, she doesn't show it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2017, 04:24:23 am »

Abdul adressed Tabitha

"I do not mean to pry, but what do you intend to do now?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2017, 07:37:40 am »

"The knight? Yes. I get the feeling he has alternative motives. And that isn't the best feeling for someone like me... we'll have to be careful. No matter what he's up to. He's the type of person who would kidnap me, and ransom me to the traitors who killed my family."
Freyja crosses her arms.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #189 on: August 24, 2017, 07:47:32 am »

Caderyn quaffs the potion as instructed, staying quiet while he waits for it to do its work.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2017, 08:47:14 am »

Eirika was a quiet person, and she quietly healed everyone else via warding, to ensure their safety and health--including those of passerby she could go to. After doing such, she moved next to Pitua, noticing how amazing her companions were in their own right (ie a water elemental which seemed to leave a trail of gel, but just like gel, it all came back to her perfectly as if it never left).

"What will we all do now, then? I think we should find a local lawyer or someone who is familiar with the trials that will happen--since your name and house was mentioned, Freyja. And a place to stay for the night."

If possible, ward my groupmates (GM's choice) in preparation for the next battles. Obvious (but slight) magic signatures through wards being presented, too.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2017, 10:08:28 am »

Caderyn quaffs the potion as instructed, staying quiet while he waits for it to do its work.
Well, it's certainly not poison. After a bit of time passes, Caderyn's wounds begin to heal, and he feels remarkably less like he got thrown through a building. He's still a bit sore, but nothing that won't pass.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2017, 10:22:45 am »

Elaine, for her part, remains quiet and with her face obscured as she walks with the self-declared 'adventurer's guild'. Safety in numbers was the name of the game for the moment; she could make a quick getaway, and they could all justifiably claim they neither knew her nor were affiliated with her.

Still, the offer did somewhat intrigue her. It WAS a chance to help people; Elaine had never been raised to ignore a person in need, a trait that had both helped and hindered her over the years. A guild would be the best way for her to help others; certainly a better way of making a living than how she was living now, going from town to town and hiding at the sign of any pursuer, never stopping in fear of being chased away as the outcast she was; the few times she'd settled, it had been mere months before she was run out of town, so she didn't bother anymore.

It also meant being tied to a specific group of people for a long period of time, people who she would be risking simply by associating with them. It also meant trusting complete strangers, who she knew nothing about, with the secret she'd borne all herself, and likely having to deal with the consequences.  They'd likely chase her away if they knew what she was for what she was- a monster. A monster who fought the other monsters, but a monster all the same. And monsters, in this world, ended up being slain at the hands of heroes, true or imagined.

She suspected the blonde man already knew what she was; she hadn't taken enough care, she was exhausted from the battle and desperate to flee. Still, he hadn't seen her transform, hadn't seen her for what she really was, and so she couldn't be sure. The others of his group, the wolf and the Frostwind girl, didn't know either; they hadn't paid any attention and so she was certain they couldn't know. Still, she knew what she was, and it wasn't the same as them.

It was hard to imagine they'd accept her if they knew what she was. The fantasy that she was a dragon was so much better than the reality; at least as a dragon, she might be worshipped as a goddess.

So Elaine remains dead silent for now, remaining pensive.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:42:41 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2017, 10:32:11 am »

"Ah, that's much better. Thank you. . . um, I never caught your name."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2017, 12:37:45 pm »

"If he tries," Geraint replies in a somewhat-worrying casual tone, "I'll break his neck. That's an oath."

He pats Freyja once on the shoulder and lapses into silence, though hazards a glance at Elaine shortly after.

"...You certain you're all right?"
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42