Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My mom and sister think this girl likes me, thoughts?  (Read 3832 times)

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
Re: My mom and sister think this girl likes me, thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2017, 06:47:43 pm »

Talk about stuff you like. Dont dwell on depression man ive been there, dont bring up roids either. Most people hate lance Armstrong these days.
××××××××××××××××××

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2017, 08:19:18 pm »

Quote from: From some typical advice about steroids
Psychological effects. Misusing anabolic steroids can also cause the following psychological or emotional effects: aggressive behaviour. mood swings.

I don't really have much to add to my esteemed co-contributors to this thread, that I haven't already said. I won't begrudge you your good times, but as long as you're forewarned that they may be transient and alternating with your bad times, it might help.

(I repeat that I am not in any way qualified to help. I'm hoping I'm at least doing no harm in telling you these things. You really don't need voices across the ether(net) telling you these things, when it'd be far better to talk to a real person even less likely to be the kind of troll that I'm pretty sure we aren't. And definitely better than if you had been asking in other places.)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2017, 08:35:22 am »

Ok she is Def over me, the only reason she looks the way she does to me is out of.....

I don't want to say it.

Meanwhile another girl randomly kissed my neck good bye last night and today texted me. Not a positive text but unrelated to how we feel about each other hopefully.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2017, 08:39:48 am »

Without a doubt these girls don't care about you in anyway other than friends at most.
You are delusional. Lock the thread
××××××××××××××××××

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2017, 12:41:00 pm »

This thread has been escalating quickly for quite awhile now

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2017, 01:21:38 pm »

Well, to be fair the one who kissed his neck might be interested (or maybe she was very drunk and had poor aim at the time)   

The one who showed up with a probable boyfriend and on whom he ranted about his depression and drug abuse issues... not so much, probably.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2017, 10:23:09 pm »

TBH I am conflicted wither I stand a chance with these girls or not but really my whole point of posting texts I have with girls (and maybe even pics with girls if I ever take one) to show all you guys who call me a woman hater and rapist and etc that girls ask me to hangout all the time.

Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2017, 06:21:02 am »

TBH I am conflicted wither I stand a chance with these girls or not but really my whole point of posting texts I have with girls (and maybe even pics with girls if I ever take one) to show all you guys who call me a woman hater and rapist and etc that girls ask me to hangout all the time.
Is this a conversation you're having elsewhere?

I mean, I'd started to half expected this to be a Turing Test, but if you were talking to several forums and only not responding to us because you were getting better 'advice' to respond to elsewhere...

(Unless you have something to say directly about the above, I'm probably no longer part of this dialogue. Because I'm not convinced that it is one. Everything I've already still stands, though. Can't speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't similarly disengaged by this point.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2017, 06:45:30 am »

Err, he could be saying that because of the intensity of one person's posting--there was this new forumite who said that (and then moved onto religion), it could've affected DFNewb, and he could've posted that as a result. Just because certain behaviors, on part of reading, sensed that it's like [this certain label] doesn't mean that it is already there at the moment since there are many OTHER factors unsaid that affect the situation (also how things are presented usually aren't as clear cut in association). It's like, a person's past and context of their life is incredibly personal, and these experiences invoke reactions via behavior; behavior is adaptive to the situation, but outside the situation where it is appropriate, then it becomes maladaptive (possibly caused by really intense or otherwise life experiences) and may affect a person's perception and interactions.

So...that's a reasonable way to see it. He got called a woman hater and compared to the attitude of a rapist because of how he wrote the hate and the reactions he planned to do--that doesn't mean he'll do it or even will progress into it as something permanent, affixed, and pretty much against anything we say here. [that's a leap too far in association, even while the worry is with good intent] He gave context that to certain readers do give a lot of information, too. But what matters is him asking for help about it rather than just going off and continuing hate or otherwise. It's still on his part in the end on what to do about his actions and interactions, but what is important is him being informed too.

Personally, I like that he's taking feedback and not taking it badly--he may still have his coping methods, but that's nothing we can control--only our advice. I would make my bottom line, however, being pretty much advising going for professional help, as though context depends on the country and local laws for payment and other financial concerns (many a time though they offer it for free if you can't pay now), professional help will help the best. We can only go so far as to advise--it's on DFNewb to act on it (but support at the time of suggestion and the present time, also helps)

But if uncomfortable, asking others in the meantime is something to do, too. Because on the timeline of life, one doesn't always get connected with professionals in the profession to help, and there are gaps in between where worries can spike.

What I can suggest is to not focus a ton overtly on whether this person likes you or not, even in the context of romance, and be friends with them--the liking will grow over time. If they're not approaching you for romance, don't hate them. But what matters is you get to know them firsthand, and people's interactions too; you get your issues all ordered up and under control (especially if you notice your interactions having a really negative, general response in comparison, when you think about 'how would others react to this, too', in a general sense,). Check your beliefs too, as anything thought about in reasoning affects what'll be thought about later on.

Otherwise, for others also giving advice, there will be times where the one asking for it may come off as ignoring advice--still keep suggesting even though. They'll keep seeking if they can.

But yeah. Initially, you've got a template on how to gauge their reactions or actions to you. Modify it, instead of seeing it as an approach to the thing you don't want to say, DFNewb. Please listen to folks also advising you to look for help, because that's often the best way (also because the internet has a semblance of impersonality that often results in misinterpretations unless precise contextual knowledge on the part of us readers avoids that)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 06:52:49 am by Tiruin »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2017, 07:13:26 am »

Spoiler: @Tiruin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 07:16:20 am by Starver »

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2017, 02:06:21 pm »

Sure I may be brash but these texts could be sent from phones he owns or to himself, I'm not saying they are just the possibility.
I just feel theres this... slightly socially inept person trying to ask advice and maybe not really understanding himself.
So if these texts are real and I think they are because its just normal talk; these girls see you as a friend and thats cool cause friends are better than fucks cause they can last forever.
I say lock it cause you provide little context newb and I'd love to help you but we can't much.
If you think a girl likes you ask her, cause she will answer you straight away and we know they already like you as friends so thats awesome.
To back up Starver no one said you are a rapist or a woman hater it just feels a bit odd to me that you want a hot chick to bust a nut in but you are not making an effort to present yourself as a catch, your abusing steriods after you sunk into depression and not exercising to get the most benefit and your probably thinking about this girl validation thing every day. If it drives you make it drive you towards self improvement.
We are just going in circles at this point so I hope you can see whats good for you.
××××××××××××××××××

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2017, 10:02:01 pm »

Just for context of readers in this thread, why I wrote
He got called a woman hater and compared to the attitude of a rapist because of how he wrote the hate and the reactions he planned to do--that doesn't mean he'll do it or even will progress into it as something permanent, affixed, and pretty much against anything we say here.
Because I can clearly see he is affected by what was said in a past LifeAdvice thread. . .by a new account especially. So yeah--I'm not seeing malevolence when I can see that there are many factors in one's life that leads someone to be able to say things in such a way that is reasonable.

But to emphasize a point--if you think a girl likes you, treat her as any other friend. Girls aren't different from boys as a long part, and to please take this constructively regardless of experience. :) If you're finding any troubles in reacting to that idea, that may be moreso in how the concept has been framed over months or years of thinking (or beliefs), and I'm poking my previous posts but if ever you think that's going to be a problem--go for help for it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]