Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 303843 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #690 on: December 02, 2017, 08:57:19 am »

https://explainxkcd.com/wiki/images/d/d7/emoji_sports.png

Yeah, no.

Just in case anyone reads this thread trying to catch up - I posted this link in a transparent text in one of my previous posts, hidden and visible only under highlight.

The only thing I can think is to make him less detestable or to have a really good hand in administration giving a "golden age" to the people.

Or whatever, there is always that scene where the heroes and the villians beat a worse villian and then they go back to usual agenda of screwing each others lifes as sam would think that we would allow him to have his monarchy (no way, execute him now) that the aristocracy would be gone (not our job, let's go back increasing the sizes of ants and giving it sentience so we can use them as cheap labor) and that we would not want to suffocate every country in our order creating by consequence a bunch of rebels on the entire world because nobody likes a huge government (who don't want to rule the world?)

(these are the only thing I could think of)

My finding abilities failed. DAMN

I want to play consequence golf, but right now Erin is playing hell escape

There is a really good solution. Kill the sucker. Just as you ally with the rebels against him they find out that he's dead. Now you look really bad.

Consequence golf is my favorite. Erin Quill is winning.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 02, 2017, 09:39:56 am »

From PM:
Plot twist - I know that you found the hidden text in my last post since it was actually a goo.gl link with attached analytics. I can see that someone clicked the link.

So, did you do it by notifications again or are you just habitually highlighting everything that I say?

P.S. - If I failed miserably again and it WASN'T you, then... sorry.
So, whoever found Blue's other link, please speak up.
When I clicked it it just went to XKCD stuff.
https://goo.gl/2jhykK
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 02, 2017, 09:43:59 am »

From PM:
Plot twist - I know that you found the hidden text in my last post since it was actually a goo.gl link with attached analytics. I can see that someone clicked the link.

So, did you do it by notifications again or are you just habitually highlighting everything that I say?

P.S. - If I failed miserably again and it WASN'T you, then... sorry.
So, whoever found Blue's other link, please speak up.
When I clicked it it just went to XKCD stuff.
https://goo.gl/2jhykK

I only hid one link. You found it. It re-directed through goo.gl, thus letting me know how many times you clicked it.

More will come. How about now.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 02, 2017, 09:57:16 am »

Well now that hadn't been quite clear from the wording.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 02, 2017, 09:59:47 am »

Well now that hadn't been quite clear from the wording.

Likely because I sent that message right after you posted saying you found it. Sorry.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 03, 2017, 12:24:49 pm »

More fluff is here.

Wenton Celling opened his eyes and listened to the downlink of votes and information from beyond the confines of his mind.

“Your daughter…” he said to Sam. “Your daughter escaped our capture. She’s lost, alone, and unarmed, but safe for now.”

“Well,” he amended, “as safe as safe can be when you’re on the run from the Republic. Even if we don’t find her, the wolves and bears surely will. So it behooves you to give us as much information as possible so we can help her.”

Samael relaxed a bit before shouting, “How can I believe you?”

Celling practically exploded. “Are you kidding me? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This was a close vote er, decision! They I thought long and hard about telling you the truth! I could have lied and said she was dead easily in order to get you sad and insecure for interrogation.”

He lunged closer to Sam. “But I didn’t. I didn’t because despite all you’ve done, I believe that you still deserve a chance to come back. I still believe that you’ll see the truth and come to help us.”

He leaned back again. “So let’s begin, eh?”

Sam Drimoxi laughed. “You can’t make me. I’ve already told you all I’m willing to tell. You won’t get anything out of me.”

Celling sighed. He tapped a glass vial on the end of a length of tubing in the life support machine attached to Sam Drimoxi.

“Truth drugs,” he said simply. “You won’t be able to lie to us. Now, normally, with extreme effort you could hide some things, but given that you’ve just been rescued from the brink of death by gunshot…” He shrugged. “Like it or not, you’re telling us all you know.”

He paced around the room. “So, first question.” He held up a series of note cards that he had received from… somewhere.

Sam with truth serum:

Break his will asking why he tought it was a good idea to destroy entire cities for his sake

Sam grows instantly silent. “It’s necessary,” he says coldly. “The wormhole explosion will break the back of your so-called Republic. The people will know that you cannot protect them. And your rulers, your generals, your arsenals, your technology. Gone in a moment.”

“And that’s worth the obliteration of an entire city?” Celling asked.

“Entire city? No, just the parts that are most dedicated to your aristocracy and your military. I’m not saying there won’t be civilian casualties, but they’ll be nothing compared to what your government has done.”

(He’s not talking nonsense, by the way. Between our wars of conquest and the battles between the various barons our Aristocracy has the blood of slightly under a million people on its hands. For context, the population of Antarctica, mostly concentrated in our capital, is 2.3 million - or a little under Chicago.)

Celling stopped pacing. “Not the entire city?”

“My calculations indicate that the explosion will envelop your castle and do damage to the surrounding buildings.”

“Your calculations are wrong. You underestimate the power of a mass-energy flip.” Celling sighed and turned around. “You’re quite mistaken. Quill tells me that the blast will be more than enough to turn our capital into a smoldering crater. Whether or not Antarctica will be totally sterilized by the following gamma flare… is up for debate.”

Sam shook. “No. That would mean-”

“Your plan is to wipe an entire continent of sentient life.”

Sam howled as he strained against his bonds. “YOU LIE! YOU MUST BE LYING! YOU’RE TRYING TO TRICK ME!!!”

Celling continued, “And besides, you’d die too, right?”

Sam shouted, brow dripping with sweat. “I have plans to escape. Either way, how much do three lives matter in comparison to millions?”

“And just when did you plan to tell the others? Your darling granddaughter. Her friend Jacob Eldin. That they were complicit in a plot to end two million lives as well as their own?”

Sam laughed hoarsely. “They’re so young. Not aware of the true cost of war. Not exposed to the real horrors of life. I’ll delay that as long as possible.”

Celling sighed again. “You’re nuts, Sam. Moving on.”

What were his motivations for rebellion

Sam giggled like a drunk child. “You destroyed the legacy of my people - tore down the Brazilian kings - threw us out of our own land with your ships and guns and the Wormhole. You defiled our temples, used our people as slaves, turned our cities into yours, forced your culture upon us. Such a mad beast of a country, traveling across the sea, tearing down whatever it can find…”

(Again, he’s not talking gibberish. We’re basically the Conquistadors. Find country, strip of resources, wipe out natives, steal anything not nailed down, forcibly integrate into our Republic.)

Show where he worked before, where is his lab where is his hidding spots

“I’ve experimented with Andantesite before at the ancestral Drimoxi mansion at Montevideo. I left the notes and materials hidden there when we came to Santiago. They’re in a false floor beneath the wine celler of the West Wing.”

What he knows about adantesite, what was his next step

“I examined a large natural shard. It emitted dangerous gamma rays that caused my daughter’s cancer. I know of the properties and physics. The next step is to take some to your wormhole in the South and destabilize it.

and the end of the game, where he will cry to not talk, where he thinks anna will go

He laughs.

He laughs out loud at the top of his lungs.

Wenton Celling pulls up a chair and waits for the old man to stop cackling. He does not look amused in the slightest.

Once he stops Celling asked, “But why?”

“Because you think it’ll help. Because you think that asking my opinion will let you catch Anna.” He laughed again. “I don’t know where she’s going. I just know that she’ll follow her heart and do the right thing.”

Celling sighed. “As some have pointed out, you put an awful lot of trust in one traumatized kid.”

“She’s stronger than you think,” Sam insisted.

“Any guess?” asked Celling, now sounding bored. “Any guess at all?”

Sam thinks. “She might try to return to her house or the mansion. But then again, she knows you’ll stake those out. Whatever happens, she’ll find her way to Antarctica and finish the job.

Now, some of you might be concerned that you have nothing to vote on.

Let me reassure you that you’ll have lots to vote on in just a short time. In the meantime, I have buried a few pieces of important tactical data within the post above. Here’s some hints to find them.

• Consider Sam’s relationships and how a single word can betray your true feelings
  • Think about how wormholes are destabilized and what the rebels know and do

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 03, 2017, 12:36:45 pm »

"You destroyed the legacy of my people - tore down the Brazilian kings - threw us out of our own land with your ships and guns and the Wormhole."
Ehrm, shenme? What?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 03, 2017, 12:49:06 pm »

"You destroyed the legacy of my people - tore down the Brazilian kings - threw us out of our own land with your ships and guns and the Wormhole."
Ehrm, shenme? What?

An immense communications edge of strategic value.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 03, 2017, 12:49:48 pm »

Fair enough. But don't we only have 1 of these things?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 03, 2017, 12:49:55 pm »

For my sake more than yours, here is a list of all unresolved plot threads.
  • Wormhole is being loaded onto a ship following Magellan back to Britain
  • The blackmailer is still out there but under surveillance (subverted by Padelheb)
  • Ensign Armen has been recovered and wishes to speak to her Cherubized brother
  • People are afraid of the dogs now that one has killed a human
  • The dogs are slowly being granted citizenship
What did I miss?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 03, 2017, 12:54:08 pm »

Fair enough. But don't we only have 1 of these things?

...yes. He was wrong. The Wormhole was only formed after we took Brazil. He's just railing against it as a symbol of Southern dominion over his country.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 03, 2017, 04:57:38 pm »

For my sake more than yours, here is a list of all unresolved plot threads.
  • Wormhole is being loaded onto a ship following Magellan back to Britain
  • The blackmailer is still out there but under surveillance (subverted by Padelheb)
  • Ensign Armen has been recovered and wishes to speak to her Cherubized brother
  • People are afraid of the dogs now that one has killed a human
  • The dogs are slowly being granted citizenship
What did I miss?

Not much aside from our attempts to make jabber jay knock-offs.

Can we get back to Magellan though? Please?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 03, 2017, 05:24:13 pm »

THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME ABOUT THE PARROT! You are now the parrot.

And then Paxiecrunchle was the parrot.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 03, 2017, 05:27:24 pm »

*squaaaaak*  :P

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 03, 2017, 05:45:29 pm »

*squaaaaak*  :P

I am not kidding. I was going to come up with another tactical decision but now I'm just gonna start a mini-RTD with the parrot.

Nice going, Paxiecrunchle.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 203