Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 303547 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #540 on: November 15, 2017, 11:21:00 am »

At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 15, 2017, 11:33:08 am »

*shrug*
BE.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 16, 2017, 08:30:04 am »

BE has been chosen. The brother's being brought here, but we now move to the blackmail situation.

Erin Quill recieves another phone call.

"I am aware that you will try to find me. Do not. I have associates willing to release the information should I be arrested. I will now demonstrate that I have the capacity and will to cause a public uproar using choice details of your weapons programs."

Before the connection closes Quill retorts,

"My name is Erin Quill. You will live long enough to regret messing with me. But only just."

A few minutes later the media appears to have gotten ahold of details pertaining to our bionic dogs program. That is, the extensive modifications made to their brain, our attempts to modify their bodies with venom glands and lyrebird voiceboxes, and their many gruesome deaths at the hands of the rebels. It is accompanied with gory pictures of dogs in surgery, dogs dead, dogs wounded, etc.

Animal rights groups are now camped outside the testing facility and various civic buildings in Antarctica, accusing us of using dogs as disposable weapons and giving them free will while still enslaving them. They demand that we completely stop research and deployment of modified dogs and turn over the ones we already have to them.

The dogs themselves think this is simultaneously hilarious and terrifyingly stupid as we literally granted them sentience, they continue to help us out of gratitude and entirely from their own volition. They are more predisposed to loyalty, but that is a trait shared by all dogs - they do not forget debts easily.

How do you respond?

ERIN QUILL: "On the upside, my bird research program is revealing results. My parrot is 46.5% of the way to the First Metapsychological Horizon and will be fully sentient in around 13 hours."

"A quick primer on how uplifting works in this universe. Once a brain is large enough to therioretically support self-awareness, it begins a process of radical restructuring of thoughts and memories around the concept of self. This can take anywhere from minutes to days, depending on how rich the subject's life has been before they reached sentience."

"Upon the end of this period, the subject instantly achieves self-awarness, consciousness, and sentience. The subject's temperment and personality immediatly revert to those determined by genetics. This is, for example, why dogs retain their loyalty. The process can be quite jarring to those species not already evolved to it, and is obviously visible to experimenters when chemically induced. It has been termed the First Neurophychological Horizon."

"Dolphins, orcas, and elephants hit the Horizon at the beginning of their adult lives. Particularly gifted or lucky pigs, sheep, and monkeys also achieve it. Humanity has evolved neurochemical pathways to handle the shock of sudden conciousness, which tends to come at three. I suspect this is the reason for the so-called "Oedipus complex" - that three-year-olds experience a temporary reversion to monkey morals and monkey sexuality."

"And by the way, there is no Second Metapsychological Horizon. I mantain the 'First' in the name out of a belief that more will eventually be discovered, ushering in a new age of human thought and development each. But I digress."

"Thirteen hours later we get a thinking parrot and there's nothing we can do about it."
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 16, 2017, 09:17:48 am »

Can the dogs tell them to f*** off?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 16, 2017, 09:56:01 am »

Can the dogs tell them to f*** off?

They do. The protesters complain about us turning dogs into mindless mouthpieces for our propaganda.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 16, 2017, 10:27:49 am »

*facepalm*

What kind of information is in the experiment notes involved in the dog uplifting? Is any of it dangerous to be shared with the public? If not, how about releasing that information?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 16, 2017, 10:52:04 am »

We should just set up a trap for this mole, although we should keep in mind that they will suspect it so we need to try and be subtle.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 16, 2017, 12:33:48 pm »

See the released evidence and try to track with the photos and videos WHO THE FUCK LET THAT SLIP OUT, this way we can track him or punish the ones responsible for the leakage

Search the past of the leaders of the movements or the movements thenselves: Something nasty and dirty could be found to humans

To the press a counter-propaganda: "Hey [alternate world PETA]  you say you wan't want animals rights and we are HELPING IT. Granting them sentience they can chose, learn, and even vote, plans were on the way to release the dogs on a grand scale with citizenship when we made sure they could get intelligence enough to be scientists on their own should they want to learn biology or else, any dogs will soon be free to go anytime, specially when some will begin to have kids to take care for, we will not GIVE them to you, what are you thinking? That we are gonna give our soldiers and friends as if they were pets? You guys disrespect them saying that you speak for them but not listen what they say and call them mindless. You as if they were lab-rats of the cosmetics you use on your hair, we did nothing that science and medicine hasn't done to humans somehow. So far the only difference is that WE are giving sentience to other unique mindsets, unique mindsets that could soon live among us, learn and teach us and see the future in a scope that our brains couldn't before"

And that with our dogs at our side, free to leave or sit and talk on a table with the people and public laughing or mocking with the protesters stupid claim, let all cameras hear the dogs saying "these guys scare me I wan't to go back to see a movie?"

Maybe we could together with this give images of humans receiving similar surgeries or dogs that aren't ours receiving treatment on the veterinary, but none of these on the governments hands, some even that were made for cosmetics or a medicine that almost everyone uses

but the focus is trying to revert the rage of the public to the protesters (If they try to grab one of our dogs with strength and hurt them, make it appear on every media ever, the image of the guards trying to save a scared dog from a weird hippie with angry face) or to dispel their attention, people ALWAYS forget these stuff

We should just set up a trap for this mole, although we should keep in mind that they will suspect it so we need to try and be subtle.

The problem is, he revealed only the dogs, the cherubs will be a FAR BIGGER problem if he suspects we are gonna to screw him right now.

We should begin creating fake evidence of a "secondary rebel group that were planning to use children as weapons, and that we were still studying what they were making for military improvements or else before releasing the kids back to their parents, and we only didn't told the population because we don't wanted to give the rebels ideas"

About our tech level: What kind of airplane do we have? as it is steampunk i get a bit confused sometime

If there is none we should begin creating the first Zeppelin, or grandiose things that can steal attention of the media. I

f not a zeppelin I don't know, a submarine so we can take photos of the bottom of the ocean

Or robots so "dangerous but simple jobs won't be risking our lives again, the rescue will come on iron legs" where it will draw a bit of rage about "but our jobs will be stolen" by half of the population and put the other half in a hype with the future coming
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 16, 2017, 12:48:17 pm »

Just for the record I was only for the cherub program because I though ''pyscho Surgery'' would have involved making more prone to aggression, but I really didn't conceive of trying completely sap their free will, honestly I had been thinking of something of a middle grade between  spartan and a space marine, that is something people might have wanted to volunteer for.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 16, 2017, 01:22:11 pm »

The Cherubs were probably in general just a terrible, terrible idea.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 16, 2017, 05:13:31 pm »

We need these ideas to keep calling ourselves villians :v
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 16, 2017, 05:29:06 pm »

We need these ideas to keep calling ourselves villians :v

Oh yeah I almost forgot we were the designated ''bad guys'' for a sencond their, whew ye saved me.

Lets totally make some hyper intelligent jabberjays and train them to be indescriminate suicide bombers then.

/not actually serious please don't do this.

We are villans but only from the eyes of the rebels and only in narravtive fashion overall we are just a slightly better version of the old French aristocracy... but with cyberhpunds, and even at our worst we should have seen as a bad idea because of the potentially crippling PR, enough to create more rebels anyway.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 16, 2017, 07:19:00 pm »

My goal is to take the "evil" out of "evil empire". This will be far easier for us if we can shift it to "order versus chaos" instead of "good versus evil".

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 16, 2017, 08:51:55 pm »

My goal is to take the "evil" out of "evil empire". This will be far easier for us if we can shift it to "order versus chaos" instead of "good versus evil".

I introduce this game to friends like this.

"You play as the Evil Empire but it's grey and grey. On the one hand we have greedy nobles. On the other hand if the good guys win two million people get vaporized."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 16, 2017, 08:54:26 pm »

Makes sense.

Just to make sure what I'm saying isn't misinterpreted though: rather than lawful evil and chaotic good, I want lawful and chaotic neutral. Reality can't have a clear "good guy" then, and either the rebels lose plot armor or some of our guys gain it.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 203