Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 17853 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: Turn 3
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2017, 07:51:47 pm »

MORE RUM.

You down your rum. You feel your Mana Reserves increase. He pours you another.

Stuart notices his lack of money so he fireballs the bartender and prepares to drink while running.
Ypgnath notices Stuart casting fireballs and tries to stop him from burning whole alcohol down.
Cider turns Stuart into a pomeranian for what he's doing.
Init: Ypgnath, Cider, Stuart, Bartender

Stuart readies a fireball, but Ypgnath notices! They try to stop him, and need to decide how to do so quickly!

Method: 6(Overkill aka chain lightnings)

6+2: The wizard calls upon the power of lightning, and lets loose a devastating array of chaining lightning bolts that strikes the entire bar!

Dodge and Def Rolls:
Ein: 6+1 (In Cover)
Ypgnath: 3+1, 3+1 (Caster)
Cider: 5, 2
Whiskey Six: 4, 4
Calacachura: 3, 5
Stuart: 3-2, 6-2 (Main Target)
Skelly: 3, 4
Bob: 6
Haphazard: 1, 6-1
The Bar: 3
Patrons: 1, 3, 3, 4. 3-1, 6, 5, 1

The bartender sighs as he sees all this happen yet again, and ducks behind and under the bar for cover. He readies the spell to expel the attackers, but can't cast it quite yet.

Ypgnath can barely control the spell, and even he gets searing burns on his arms.

Cider is unprepared for this absurd area attack, but while he evades most of the bolts, his upper body takes an especially massive strike.

Whiskey Six evades most of the damage, but gets a few leg burns for his trouble.

Calacachura puts in a token effort to evade the attack, but it doesn't work very well. While their robes absorb most of the attack, they get a bolt to the head, stunning them momentarily!

Stuart is caught completely off guard by the attack's intensity, and is wracked by numerous bolts as he is stuck in the center of the attack! His whole body suffers severe burns, and the lightning spreads even to his internal organs!

Skelly also can't avoid the attack, though luckily the bolts only strike his legs.

Bob makes no effort to avoid the attack and looks longingly into his literally poisonous drink. Miraculously, he is absolutely untouched by the storm.

Haphazard is unfortunately seated next to Stuart, and is too satsfied with the taste of rum to avoid the attack. His upper body and legs suffer moderate burns.

Meanwhile, the interior of the bar is ripped apart by indiscriminate lightning. That damage would rack up quite the repair bill if you weren't all wizards. 

The bar's patrons are wounded similarly to the rest of the people in the room, and begin to flee!

2+2-1v3-1: Cider attempts to turn Stuart into a canine, but the pain interferes with their focus! For a brief moment Stuart becomes a golden retriever, but his innate magic begins to undo the spell.

3+2-2(Is a dog): Stuart barks, and a small gout of flame rushes from his mouth! The bartender is still in cover, so the table is simply lit on fire. After that, his body returns to normal.

Whiskey Six takes a drink from his mug. He then leaps away from the counter as soon as he realizes what Stuart is doing.

Whiskey Six leaps to the ground, and drinks from the mug. He feels invigorated by the taste of his favorite drink.

Take a swig of beer and dive away from the fireball (not necessarily in that order).

Calacachura finishes his beer, and feels his magic top up!

Chug the Absinthe and ask for another one,Ignore that Stuart wants to burn down the building

Avoid extra Drunkenness: 6

Bob downs all the Absinthe in one go. Despite himself, the Bartender is impressed by your fortitude and gives you another once things are safe. However, he gently reminds you that having too much excess Mana can have consequences.

Meanwhile Skelly McBone is left utterly confused by all this chaos. (No action submitted.)

3+2v3,2: The bartender raises his staff and yells "GET OUT OF MY BAR!" With a flash, Ypgnath and Stuart are ejected from the bar! When they stand, they find themselves in a dank alleyway.

"And stay out!"

What will you all do now?

Spoiler: Bartender (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul/Cider Redd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Puppyguard/Whiskey Six (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ATHATH/Calacachura (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ziizo/Stuart (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PaPaj/Bob Shield (click to show/hide)

Ah, there's the gratituous violence I was expecting on turn 1.

New players will be added to the game next turn.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:17:38 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2017, 09:08:12 pm »

Ha! I won drink my free wine and cast cure light wounds in me and Ypgnath.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 09:21:26 pm »

Whiskey Six casts Conjure mug. If the quality is better than his current mug, Whiskey six hands his old mug to someone else. If the opposite is true, then he hands the new mug to someone else.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2017, 10:25:56 pm »

Pay for my drink and buy another.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2017, 03:14:11 am »

I Banshee scream at Stuart for burning my legs.
When Stuart is dead, drink a bottle of the beer, then throw it at the bartender.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2017, 03:34:07 am »

Drink the rum, then cast Giant Crushing Bone on Stuart.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2017, 04:08:36 am »

Now that went downhill quickly... At least I won't have to pay for my Whiskey! Speaking of which, I may need more...

Detect whiskey.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2017, 05:00:18 am »

Chug this one aswell,pay the bill and extra for my friends that caused trouble and then get out of the bar
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2017, 06:47:08 am »

Pomeranian Stuart for real this time, as punishment for what he did.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards and Whiskey Redux: Turn 4
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2017, 08:09:06 pm »

Stuart has already been ejected from the bar, perhaps you missed that part. I'll have to roll to see if you can find him first.

Ha! I won drink my free wine and cast cure light wounds in me and Ypgnath.
Now that went downhill quickly... At least I won't have to pay for my Whiskey! Speaking of which, I may need more...
Detect whiskey.

Stuart rejoices in escaping the bar with a free drink in hand.

He casts a single use of cure light wounds on both himself and the person who fired chain lightnings at him. Stranger friendships have formed in the past.

5+2: The cure light wounds spell on himself works wonderfully. His internal damage is fixed, and his burns are now only moderate.
1+2: The spell on his friend is less effective, but their wounds were light enough to be healed almost completely.

Stuart then finishes his wine. Delicious! +6 Mana.

Ypgnath decides to cast detect whiskey in case they'll need more in the future.

1+2=3: They are delighted to see a positive result, but quickly realize that the spell only reacted to the whiskey in their pocket.

Whiskey Six casts Conjure mug. If the quality is better than his current mug, Whiskey six hands his old mug to someone else. If the opposite is true, then he hands the new mug to someone else.

5+2-1: Whiskey Six sees another mug form in his other hand. While great in quality, it is slightly inferior to his current one. He hands the mug to Skelly McBone as a gesture of good will.

Pay for my drink and buy another.

The bartender takes your money and hands you another beer. He reminds you that as this bar is part of the wizarding school, the alcohol here is basically part of your tuition, and not to worry too much about payment. He hands you another beer.

Chug this one as well, pay the bill and extra for my friends that caused trouble and then get out of the bar

You chug down the absinthe, and gag a bit as it goes down. The heat gets to you, and you nearly vomit it up. Drunkenness increased by 2. The Mana in your body is burning. If you don't start spending it, the best you can hope for is that it leaves your body on its own.

The bartender is about to suggest that you've had enough, but you waddle drunkely out of the bar of your own accord anyway.

(When your mana is this high, I'll roll a d6 each turn for consequences. I'll let you have this turn free though.)

(Not sure why people hate Stuart so much when Ypgnath was the one that attacked everyone.)

After he exits, a horde of wizards rush out of the bar, delaring vengeance on Stuart! They find themselves on the Main Street of Fangorl, and scatter off in search!

I Banshee scream at Stuart for burning my legs.
When Stuart is dead, drink a bottle of the beer, then throw it at the bartender.

2-1: Skelly McBone can't find a single hint of Stuart, and their burnt legs begin to seize, impeding progress further!

Drink the rum, then cast Giant Crushing Bone on Stuart.

Haphazard chugs down the rum, and heads off to find Stuart!

4-1: As they run around the city, Haphazard hears a familiar voice from an alleyway! He is too tired from the run to get inside and cast a spell though.

Pomeranian Stuart for real this time, as punishment for what he did.

3-1: Cider Redd takes a similar route to Skelly McBone. While they are certainly faster, they make little progress.

Dominick and Dr. Horrible walk into the bar, and note the rather severe damage. Thankfully, the booze appears to be fine. 

The bartender casts a spell to repair the bar.

4+2=6: "Physical Return to Before."

Before your eyes, all the damage to the bar is quickly repaired and undone in reverse as if it never even occured in the first place.

"Now, what can I get for you fellows."

Spoiler: Bartender (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul/Cider Redd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Puppyguard/Whiskey Six (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ATHATH/Calacachura (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ziizo/Stuart (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PaPaj/Bob Shield (click to show/hide)

Sorry about the wait everyone. I'll prioritize this game more for awhile to compensate. 

(Thanks for changing that spell Fallacy. Sorry about all the trouble getting into the game.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:41:27 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2017, 09:30:47 pm »

"onwards to adventure"

help Ypgnath to locate more whiskey.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2017, 09:44:44 pm »

Whiskey Six Casts 'Conjure Whiskey Inside Target' on his mug and walks out of the bar with the mug in hand.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2017, 10:47:06 pm »

Cast Call Beast. Any type of beast will do.

Pat summoned beast on the head and order a shot of tequila.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2017, 11:26:44 pm »

Thank the bartender for his services, then leave and go look for corpses in dark alleyways or something.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2017, 12:19:23 pm »

Firstly, cast Protect Using Reflective Shield on myself, because paranoia never hurts.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9