Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 50337 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2018, 07:23:32 pm »

(The cafeteria is full?)

"Maybe it's getting desperate?"

((no idea, but the school is. We've been here half the day already. And we are headed to a scheduled lunch break, so the cafeteria should have students in it by now.))

"Do these things feel despair? I suppose ... doesn't your piece of the other monster feel like that?"

(Sorry but I meant to say desperate. Stupid me.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2018, 04:23:34 am »

(The cafeteria is full?)

((no idea, but the school is. We've been here half the day already. And we are headed to a scheduled lunch break, so the cafeteria should have students in it by now.))

Correct. There are a few dozen students already getting set up at the tables. They don't seem to notice it ~ but they do notice the the lights, or the lack therof.
The students begin murmuring amongst themselves. "When was the last time this happened?" seems to be the general point of conversation..

Ozarck (Di/Makiko) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

"That girl said they avoid crowds. Why is it in such a place full of people, in the daytime? It's eyes are strange ..."

Makiko stays near Nagisa and recalls their last battle and Makiko's spirit world. she tries to summon something organic - plantlike, like a tree or a large bush to help fight. Also, she puts her hand on her knife but doesn't draw it from under her outfit, and uses all dodge against bite and claw.

You close your eyes while concentrating, but in the end it feels like they haven't closed at all, as you enter into a new level of awareness. The spirit forest you once know has returned ~ rancid detrius covers the ocean floor, and layers upon successive layers of fungal growth dominate the shrubs, logs, and stumps planted among the woods across countless aeons.
Wandering the depths in search of help, you step on something hidden in the grass, levering part of it out in the air. A femur. You wonder if it's human...

Maybe looking behind you isn't the best idea. The sight of something horrible, a colonnade of a dozen legs dancing among the shadows cast by the blue moon. A dash of noxious spit blinds you in the darkness, snuffing out all trace of light save for the moon itself.
You dart up the closest tree you remember seeing, reaching out with your hands... but suddenly find yourself standing atop a lunch table in the cafeteria.

A tremendous six-meter centipede leaps out of the darkness of the hallway. Its torso is adorned with red and green chevrons up its total length, and its jaws hide rows of fangs designed to spit bubbles of poison. It poises itself in front of the skeletal dragon, but contrary to its vivid and frightening appearance, it joins Nagisa's rank and seems to await your command.

You reach down toward your pocket, but somehow your outfit seems to have changed. It's glowing with a bright radiance, yet the darkness in the hall doesn't seem to be illuminated, almost like a glorious illusion.

You've summoned a spirit. Your ability to control it depends on how many Power dice you devote toward it. If you successfully roll as many successes as its command score, it attacks with its full strength--but otherwise it will act as a separate entity with its own rolls. If half your command rolls are 6's, it will go berserk.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

As the skeletal dragon 'demon' continued to 'eye' them with interest, Nagisa made sure that Makiko was within arms length. Though  it was thankfully daytime and a bit of sunlight was coming in through the skylights, the cafeteria and perhaps the rest of the school was dark. Though it clearly wasn't her 'demon', Nagisa have a bad feeling that whoever it was hunting was still at school.

"Okay, so this 'demon' is a bit bigger than the one we killed last night," Nagisa whispered to Makiko, hoping that it cannot hear her or doesn't have any attachment to the plant 'demon' if it can. "However, Youka said they tend to be repelled by determined resistance by people like us or something of that nature. Let's summon our weapons. Maybe we can scare it away or something?"

Summon her celestial musket and aim it at the 'demon'. Use all of Perception to keep an eye on it and 2 Defense to dodge any physical attacks it uses and the rest to dodge any magical attacks. If it attacks., retaliate.

You vicariously pile through a mound of discarded tools, anxiously tossing aside worn gears and blunted tools in search of your trump card. It seems to be gone ~ the crossbow mounted on the wall may just have to do. It has a strange box-shaped attachment...

In the cafeteria setting, your mystical apron appears again and you pull the crossbow out of thin air. Levelling it at the beast's head (it is 3 units away in distance), you wonder what this thing can do...

The beast stares at the two of you, in a curious sort of way that reminds you of a domestic animal.
You hear a voice ~ a human voice.

"Shhhhhhh!" A girl wearing a glowing green dress covered in vines walks out from the middle of the cafeteria, waving both of her palms out in front. "P-please put those away... I just wasn't... paying attention to her...""
She tries to place herself firmly between yourselves and the dragon (2 units away).

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)
Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

(Ill let you three continue the conversation yourselves)

The lights suddenly go out.

Gai notices the girl Lannfrank saw before. Mitsuru has her back turned.

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

As you help Mitsuru up, you note that the lonely girl sitting in front of the lockers seems completely uninterested in the current theatrics. But she did stand up and stare up at the ceiling ~ and for good reason.

The lights seem to have gone out.

Spoiler: Items and Status (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2018, 04:32:48 am »

Makiko looks around, at the faces turned her way as she stood on the table in full view of the entire cafeteria. Embarrassed and a little flustered, she hops down quickly and runs over to Nagisa and the new girl, panting a little.

she speaks in a conspiratorial whisper:
"Is ... is that one yours? Are you one of us? Why did you let it out at school?"

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2018, 08:18:59 am »

Though Nagisa was creeped out by the many-legged monstrosity Makiko summoned, she was even more tensed by the action of the girl.

"Care to explain the meaning of this?" Nagisa grumbled lightly as she motioned toward the skeletal dragon with her weapon. "People tend to not appreciate being plunged into darkness."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 05:40:52 pm by Sir Elventide »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2018, 03:55:30 am »

"Aieeee..." the girl whimpers. "I didn't, uh, let it out! I mean, if I could control it I would... but it's not like your centipede friend that you just summoned," she whispers carefully, lowering her arms.
"We're more... partners. I guess she's a kind of pet, now that I think about it," she explains. "But she won't hurt you, I promise!" The glow of her dress starts to fade. She wears a school uniform underneath.

The girl walks backward, softly pressing a hand to the dragon's skull as she does so. "There there... just put it back, okay?" The dragon loosens its jaw and the wires fall out. Suddenly, the lights turn back on and the hallways flood with light.

Makiko's centipede seems mildly distressed, and backs off somewhat. Makiko passed an automatic Wit test.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:58:05 am by _DivideByZero_ »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2018, 09:23:10 am »

Seeing what ever was going on with the lights was solved Lanfrank lead the way to the food

"Your welcome now lets go get some food I think I saw someone in a mud dress but no one was noticing it. Think it may be some weirdness like that guy from last night." As he reached the Cafeteria his voice trailed off as he took in the two monsters sitting and staring at each other. "Ok I was right, they arent doing anything and I'm hungry so bugger it." Get some food while watching the monsters
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2018, 12:01:47 pm »

Letting out a sigh of relief,  Nagisa unsummoned her celestial repeater. As her outfit faded away,  revealing her school uniform, Nagisa gave her a small smile and extended her hand.

"It seems that Youka was right when she told us that we would meet more people like us here, " she said warmly. "Anyway, my name is Nagisa and she is Makiko. What's your name?"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:12:38 pm by Sir Elventide »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2018, 01:24:05 pm »

Slightly disappointed, yet mostly simply relieved, Makiko turns to examine her summoned spirit. She approaches it and pats it comfortingly on the chitin.

"You can't dispel yours? Is it uncontrollable?"

Makiko wonders how dangerous her own summoned spirit would be, should it act alone, or even against her.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 15, 2018, 12:15:55 am »

That girl sticks out like a shore thumb. I wonder why no-one else is taking note of her?

Gai stood up and bowed slightly towards the Blockhead and her acquaintance.

"As you were." He walked past the pair and up to the isolated girl.

"Pardon me, but you look rather down. Why are you sitting so far from everyone?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 15, 2018, 12:59:00 am »

"Mud dress? Hm." Mitsuru nods and looks around.

She decides to listen in to this gai's (heh heh) conversation.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 16, 2018, 01:30:03 am »

"You can't dispel yours? Is it uncontrollable?"

"Nope, it's not even possible. Lilith isn't a part of me, so she can't become a part of me all of a sudden." The dragon bellows, making a sound not unlike the moan of a large dog.
She reaches out her hand.
"My name is Miya. Nice to meet you!"

As he reached the Cafeteria his voice trailed off as he took in the two monsters sitting and staring at each other.[/b] "Ok I was right, they arent doing anything and I'm hungry so bugger it." Get some food while watching the monsters

Your stomach calls out to you. It says that you want the egg noodle soup.

~ As you procure your lunch for the day, you keep an eye on the commotion (above) involving the two monsters standing off near the hall. The skeletal dragon, though naturally menacing in appearance, seems to have the demeanor of a lazy housecat. The vicious centipede, standing no higher than its 'owner's' chest, doesn't seem to be looking for a fight.
Are they under the girls' control? It seems like they're not fighting at all... in fact, one of the girls is defending the dragon.

"Pardon me, but you look rather down. Why are you sitting so far from everyone?"
"Mud dress? Hm." Mitsuru nods and looks around.

She decides to listen in to this gai's (heh heh) conversation.

"You can see me as well?" she puts a finger to her chin. "Then if I'm one to guess..."

She points at Mitsuru, standing beside Gai. "You too?"

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 16, 2018, 01:50:47 am »

"I wonder how she ended up serving you if she isn't... summoned by you," Nagisa replied as she shook the girl's hand. She then held a hand to her stomach as it growled. "Perhaps we can discuss it when we get something to eat. I'm quite curious to see what manner of food this culture cooks."

Get something to eat with Makiko and Miya.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:33:33 pm by Sir Elventide »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 16, 2018, 08:04:02 am »

"I wonder how she ended up serving you if she isn't... summoned by you," Nagisa replied. She then held a hand to her stomach as it growled. "Perhaps we can discuss it when we get something to eat. I'm quite curious to see what manner of food this culture cooks."

Get something to eat with Makiko and Miya.
Makiko says something nice toward Miya and follows Nagisa to food. She ponders the centipede as she goes, wondering if it will dissolve or leave or something on it's own, or if it will run out of energy and evaporate, or if it will go feral.

"Bitsy." She mutters, in line for food.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2018, 03:29:46 pm »

As much as it is my impulse to avoid this kind of exposure, I think I can learn more quicker this way.

"Ah, so the human battering ram is one of us, interesting.

And what do you do?"
Mitsuru says to the girl.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2018, 11:14:19 pm »

"So the stump moves from it's roots!" Turning back to the muddy girl, Gai had a sudden realization.

"Wait, the blockhead can see you too? And based on your reaction people can't normally see you..." Gai took a cautious step back from the 'girl' and got in a more combative stance.

"You're one of them aren't you?"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:44:06 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29